Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I like Bresee & Davis against that backup ND center
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,469

I like Bresee & Davis against that backup ND center

Dec 18, 2020, 10:27 AM

Need to collapse the pocket and let the DEs and LBs feast.

Ian Book had enough time to smoke a cigarette before some of his throws in the first game.

Also need Bresee to step it up vs the run.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like Bresee & Davis against that backup ND center

Dec 18, 2020, 10:29 AM

kind of hard for Bresee to make a play on a scrambling QB when he is 10 yards into the backfield. Fortunately Skalski will be back to clean these thing up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 10:40 AM

We need to make sure Book does not roll out to his right. Make him go left. He is not as accurate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 12:10 PM

grandpaw81 said:

We need to make sure Book does not roll out to his right. Make him go left. He is not as accurate.

Grandpaw is correct! Go Tigers!

Dec 18, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I like Bresee & Davis against that backup ND center ]

Wow. Good observation. The runs are towards the left mostly and Book's scrambles are mostly right. Book is not accurate under pressure. This is why we need 2 good linebackers to spy and torture.
Hone in on the run, spy the QB and let secondary and CBs manage the WRs. Rush 4, blitz one, and play zone. Am sure BV has it all schemed out.
This will be an interesting game.

Dec 18, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I like Bresee & Davis against that backup ND center ]

Wow. Good observation. The runs are towards the left mostly and Book's scrambles are mostly right. Book is not accurate under pressure. This is why we need 2 good linebackers to spy and torture.
Hone in on the run, spy the QB and let secondary and CBs manage the WRs. Rush 4, blitz one, and play zone. Am sure BV has it all schemed out.
This will be an interesting game.

Dec 18, 2020, 11:10 AM

We also get XT for the full game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 11:24 AM

The backup, if it ends up being Josh Lugg, ain’t bad:

“This offensive lineman is heading into his senior season with the Fighting Irish and finished his junior season with an 83.0 pass-block grade, according to Pro Football Focus. Lugg denied sacks on 263 pass blocks over the past season.

As a high schooler, Lugg represented the North Allegheny Senior High School Tigers in the 2017 U.S. Army All-American Bowl and ranked as the No. 15 offensive tackle in the country, according to 247 Sports.

Though coach Brian Kelly recognizes where Lugg can improve, he does know he can depend on the lineman in a jam. Kelly counted on Lugg to step up after injuries rocked the Irish line during the Michigan and Virginia Tech games.“

Dec 18, 2020, 11:26 AM

For reference, that grade was top 25 amongst all lineman last year

Our DT Tyler Davis, was a Freshman AA last year.

Dec 18, 2020, 12:02 PM

Having Davis playing this game, along with Bresee, and Thomas available for all four quarters on the DL will make a huge difference.

We will also have bark two of our three starting LB's who were out with injury the first game (Skalski and Jones).

Trust me, our defense will play much better this game than last game. Shoot, without our uncommon 3 turnovers, we would have won the last game in regulation

Dec 18, 2020, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I like Bresee & Davis against that backup ND center ]

We’re doomed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They contained out blitz packages as well as any team I have

Dec 18, 2020, 12:25 PM

seen in the Brent Venables era, last game. Even better than the Corndoggers did in the Natty game last year. So, let's hope that:

a) Their backup center is not as proficient

b) Tyler Davis will occupy two guys

c) Due to Davis occupying two guys, the edge rush can get home on Book.

d) When the rush gets there, we must GET HIM ON THE GROUND. He seemed to do a lot of that Doug Flutie, silly getting away from our guys stuff last time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bresee got absolutely stonewalled in the first meeting

Dec 18, 2020, 12:34 PM

I’m hoping to see better hand technique from him this round

Davis and Skalski will make the biggest impact imo

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,469
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic