Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know it's Mel Kiper but....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I know it's Mel Kiper but....

Apr 26, 2016, 9:45 AM

Jayron came in ranked #208 on his final big board. 8th out of 9 Clemson players on the list. And he's 18th on his list of draft eligible safeties.

I hope for his sake that this isn't how teams are feeling about him at this point....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I hope Jayron doesn't end up a Deandre McD 2.0.***

Apr 26, 2016, 9:51 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope Jayron doesn't end up a Deandre McD 2.0.***

Apr 26, 2016, 9:53 AM

Yep, I'm hoping that doesn't end up being the case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: I hope Jayron doesn't end up a Deandre McD 2.0.***

Apr 26, 2016, 10:00 AM [ in reply to I hope Jayron doesn't end up a Deandre McD 2.0.*** ]

"We done smoked it."

Duane Coleman?***

Apr 26, 2016, 12:39 PM

Re: I know it's Mel Kiper but....

Apr 26, 2016, 10:13 AM

If the NFL was to go by or listen to any of the mock draft ######, the NFL would be mentioned in past tense. They would have long ago been bank ruptured and Ban as a professional sport.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2016, 10:47 AM

Lets face it Jayron didn't have the best season and the 2nd half of the season was really bad. He had his athleticism in his favor before the combine but then put up awful numbers their as well. As hard as it would have been to believe this time last year I think Mel has him about right. Of all the players that left early that should have come back he is at the top of the list.

Apr 26, 2016, 10:50 AM

The combine numbers surprised me. He definitely showed "flashes" of freak athleticism throughout his time at Clemson, but it definitely didn't translate at the combine.

Apr 26, 2016, 10:54 AM

His game saving rundown of the Louisville WR James Quick is what I will always remember as his legacy at CU . That was a tremendous feat with heart and athleticism both fully on display . What a play .
Good Luck Jayron !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 26, 2016, 12:04 PM

I agree. That play was unreal. I have no idea how his 40 was as bad as it was at the combine- adrenaline and game speed I guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was very slow late in the season last year - you could

Apr 26, 2016, 12:34 PM

see it watching him play. He got outrun several times in the Bama game alone, and one of them was by Henry who's not particularly fast himself. I said after that game that if Kearse showed up at the combine and ran like he did late in the year he would post something terrible like a 4.65 to 4.7. He officially came in at 4.62 which wasn't much better.

Apr 26, 2016, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I know it's Mel Kiper but.... ]

I think it is partially that but Jayron probably could beat a lot of people in a 100 meter race. He is so long and powerful that he doesn't do so well in short sprints. Sure, he could probably be a 4.5 guy under the right conditions but he probably ran down that guy by being in great shape, being committed and he probably was still full steam when the other guy was running out of juice.

Well, maybe if he hadn't taken the 2nd half of the season

Apr 26, 2016, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I know it's Mel Kiper but.... ]

off, he would have stayed in football shape and would have been good for the combine.

He was giving so much effort trying to run down that guy from Alabama on the KR for touchdown, he may still be running in Arizona. Wonder if he's reached the endzone yet?

Apr 26, 2016, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I know it's Mel Kiper but.... ]

agree...if anybody needed an extra year it was Jayron.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would he though? What makes you think he would actually

Apr 26, 2016, 12:38 PM

improve? He got by with sheer athleticism most of his career at Clemson, and by the end of last year it sure seemed like he just checked out mentally and physically. What kind of effort level would you expect to see from him this year when he likely wouldn't even want to be here?

Not really. The draft is more or less a zero sum game where

Apr 26, 2016, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I know it's Mel Kiper but.... ]

one team's blunder becomes another team's fortune. If everyone was bad at drafting it would just turn the whole thing into a lottery, but the quality on the field wouldn't really diminish substantially.

Apr 26, 2016, 12:06 PM

Kiper is a tool

I wonder if his pomade of choice is Dapper Dan...?***

Apr 26, 2016, 12:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...it's Kiper after all....last year

Apr 26, 2016, 1:11 PM

he was only 22% accurate on 1st round picks. He got 7 out of 32 correct.

My kid sister was about the same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic