Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know it’s bad juju but we could be one injury away from disaster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,572

I know it’s bad juju but we could be one injury away from disaster

Sep 25, 2018, 7:29 PM

If this doesn’t play out well. Love kb and we need him and I hope he stays and plays. We can get him pt and keep him ready to go in event of A bad game by tl or an injury. But kb has to do what’s best for him. Just hope he takes his time and thinks about it. And I believe most of us do support him but there are a few who haven’t seemed to.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know it’s bad juju but we could be one injury away from disaster

Sep 25, 2018, 7:35 PM

Bama is truly one QB injury away from being very beatable. We have a really strong defense, maybe the best. By the way, first post. Just joined after reading for many many years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 7:39 PM

Not really, they beat us 24-7 with Jalen Hurts last season.

Sep 25, 2018, 7:55 PM

10-6 until back to back interceptions, one being a pick six. Jalen didn’t exactly light up the scoreboard

Thank you for this!

Sep 25, 2018, 8:39 PM

No one ever wants to talk about it. They act like Bama had any success on offense. Actually Bama had the least offense of the three games against us. By far. Taboo to admit two interceptions sealed it.

Alabama didnt play South Carolina******

Sep 25, 2018, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I know it’s bad juju but we could be one injury away from disaster ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ironic you say that

Sep 25, 2018, 7:53 PM

when KB is the only QB to go down injured THIS season, or last....were you worried about what TL was doing when he got hurt??

I’m not sure you understand irony***

Sep 25, 2018, 8:01 PM

Re: I’m not sure you understand irony***

Sep 25, 2018, 8:03 PM

irony...the fact you are worried about Bryant leaving in case Trevor gets injured, when Bryant is the QB of the two that has had injury issue

so it’s irony that I think it’s a good idea to have two game ready QBs?***

Sep 25, 2018, 8:11 PM

We will have 3 ready Saturday***

Sep 25, 2018, 8:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hope you’re right. Brice has the ability, just don’t know how much work he’s getting vs the

Sep 25, 2018, 8:21 PM

Ones. And I hope we salvage kb

Re: so it’s irony that I think it’s a good idea to have two game ready QBs?***

Sep 25, 2018, 8:16 PM [ in reply to so it’s irony that I think it’s a good idea to have two game ready QBs?*** ]

no, it's ironic that you are worrying about injury to a guy that hasn't been injured in college or HS games, while hoping the one that has against this very team is there (and not similarly worried that he'd get injured...again).

Again, not irony. Any qb can get injured. It’s not worried about tl

Sep 25, 2018, 8:22 PM

Specifically as much as our first string qb. But I’m done arguing with you. I’m not saying he is injury prone at all. And he may not miss a single play. But I like having two championship caliber QBs to go to

Re: Again, not irony. Any qb can get injured. It’s not worried about tl

Sep 25, 2018, 8:32 PM

* the irony part is you talking about being one injury away from disaster with Trevor starting but you didn't when the QB that has been injured was starting while you didn't want to believe in the freshman...remember that?? I do.

And don't worry, KB will be fine and will be back at practice....it's not exactly easy to find out you lost the starting job a day before your B-day...going to his family may be the best thing to get his head where it needs to be. He's shown nothing but great character and class...I don't expect he'll just take his ball and run. He'll be the team player we all know him to be. It's his B-Day, give it a pass....there is a good reason for today. Besides, "he took us to the playoffs"...he shouldn't need to worry about missing two practices, eh??

Good luck finding where I said tl wasn’t capable

Sep 25, 2018, 8:37 PM

It was obvious tl was the heir apparent. No I didn’t think he should get the reins on day one.But now he’s earned it and it’s obvious he earned it. If kb would have been hurt, tl Who was also getting playing time would have stepped in. If kb isn’t playing and to hurt you now go to chase Brice who is capable no doubt but hasn’t had the game experience tl has. So again good try but not irony

Re: Good luck finding where I said tl wasn’t capable

Sep 25, 2018, 8:54 PM

Didn't say you said he was incapable, but...
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Will-TL-and-CB-be-put-in-like-HJ-and-ZC-or-23919528
"What will be interesting to watch is whether TL is played more like an “or” with first string or an “or” at second string. "

...which to me reads you were doubting the coaches on him being close with Kelly in the competition and taking equal snaps when they said it. If you thought they'd play him as an "or" at second string, you weren't quite thinking he'd compete with Kelly and play as much as he has...which is how I read that when I responded to you. Thus, shouldn't Kelly's injury proneness been a concern then? Just playing devil's advocate.

What I think I was trying to say was that I think he was the next man up.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:10 PM

I thought that after kb he deserved more playing time than cb because he was next up. I didn’t specifically mention it but yes I would’ve wanted someone who’d practiced with the ones and had pt so that he was ready to go in if starting qb hurt. I’ve worried a touch about this since we lost Johnson, cooper, and Israel. We have amazing options and amazing folks come in next year. But it’s an interesting era of our qb recruiting that you lose HJ because he could start for almost any d1 school. Good problem to have but if kb was hurt you would have had tl to come in. If kb were to leave and tl hurt (not bc he is injury prone but because any player can get hurt and we saw it with Watson—who to be fair may have been injury prone) then you’re left with chase Brice who has the ability but lacks the experience and then after him you have batson.

Re: What I think I was trying to say was that I think he was the next man up.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:15 PM

fair enough. For me, I've always been concerned more of Kelly getting injured and TL not getting that playing time enough....that's why I've always been about him getting tons of snaps. I kept look at it like, if Kelly goes down again...we are down to Trevor, Chase, and Batson....the first two don't worry me as much, but could be some issues...but that last one as third string is where I go "uh oh". We really don't know what we have in Batson. But for me, I've always been more concerned with Kelly getting injured than speculating about Trevor...Kelly's had some nasty hits and doesn't seem t shake things off as well. But yeah, I get what you are saying.

And I suppose now I see your point. Kb because of the style of play

Sep 25, 2018, 9:21 PM

And the fact that he is a vicious runner is likely more of a setup for injury. I think we are in great shape and I think I stated once before that I thought kb could lead us all the way to the championship game. Whether I’m wrong or right though I’ve thought since last game vs Alabama that we needed heroic qb play to beat Alabama. And I knew that was going to be tl. Wish the best for kb. He came in last year and played well enough to take us all the way to cfp. Unfortunately, Alabama was our first draw. I think he could’ve beat Georgia or Oklahoma. He’s represented us well and I wish the best for him. But I think it’s the right call that TL is our guy.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

true. Trevor hasn't had to deal with any big hits yet

Sep 25, 2018, 8:35 PM

In his college career. At least 1 team will bring the house and pressure him like crazy this season

Syracuse is going to bring the House.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:18 PM

Bank on it. We will see if TL can take a hit, this week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Syracuse is going to bring the House.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:34 PM

TL is a lot thicker than Watson was. I was always on pins and needles when he took a hit

If I play along we should consider if we don’t elevate TL

Sep 25, 2018, 8:42 PM

We risk being one (more) transfer away from not having a 5* QB next year or beyond.

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,572
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic