Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clean up your tailgate spot!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Clean up your tailgate spot!

Sep 14, 2018, 12:44 PM

It is sad that the University has to remind people to clean up their tailgate spot and that it should be different for a weather event. I never leave one speck of trash at my tailgate spot. I have seen people leave beer cans and other trash everywhere. Just because you paid for a parking pass does not give you the right to trash the place. At least put your trash in a bag.

Also, please be courteous to adjacent tailgaters. I don't want to hear your excessively loud music and your POS generator and I don't want to have to step over where you p!ssed between your truck and mine!

That said I think the Clemson folks are better than most. When we tailgated in Charlotte for the Clemson-VT championship game, the VT fans around us left a huge mess (and they left early!). The Clemson spots were fairly clean.

A Clemson man needs no introduction!

Message was edited by: Tiger1983®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clean up your tailgate spot!

Sep 14, 2018, 12:53 PM

Agree with this . We have improved tremendously in this area in the last few years. Many fans are now putting their tent on their own parking space! Nothing is more difficult than to back a car into an eight foot space with two ten foot tents on either side. I hope the wind doesn’t play a big part in Saturday’s events. It’s just beginning to get cloudy here in the Blue Ridge where I live but the wind is calm ... thus far.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2018, 12:56 PM

I always leave all my trash. It's keeps people employed..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2018, 1:12 PM

Unfortunately, visiting fans often times do not. I experienced some tarhole fans awhile back leave an
absolute mess where they tailgated. We cleaned it up but they were long gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i hope this is sarcasm.

Sep 14, 2018, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Clean up your tailgate spot! ]

There is no excuse for leaving trash at a parking site. We’ve been tailgating since 1999 and have never left trash at our site, even after the ND game. After that game we saw numerous tents that folks just left. It was unbelievable. During a home game with FSU there were two sites they used and it was amazing the mess they left.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i hope this is sarcasm.

Sep 14, 2018, 1:25 PM

A couple of years ago FSU left the biggest messy that I've ever seen. They purchased two parking slots and rolled a bus load of FSU students. The tailgate got out of hand and they were so drunk. There were beer bottles, broken glass, trash and more just left. It was awful.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i hope this is sarcasm.

Sep 14, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to i hope this is sarcasm. ]

I agree... There's no reason to leave trash anywhere. The beach, mountain trails, or along any road.
Leave no trace!

Of course, I was kidding about leaving the trash

Sep 14, 2018, 7:10 PM [ in reply to i hope this is sarcasm. ]

For the workers to pick up. That's what the wimmens are for...

Well you cleaned that up nicely.....................***

Sep 14, 2018, 11:41 PM

Sep 14, 2018, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Clean up your tailgate spot! ]

My trash helps those who need it most. Many people are able to put food on the table, because of it.

Do you return your grocery cart when you shop? If you do then you have sent someone to the unemployment line.

I would prefer they work rather than, to sit at home waiting for my tax money to hit the mailbox.

If you leave your trash...

Sep 14, 2018, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Clean up your tailgate spot! ]

...there is at least one piece of trash still in your vehicle.

Message was edited by: Tiger1983®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would not worry too much

Sep 14, 2018, 1:17 PM

The Hurricane should blow most of your trash into Lake Hartwell.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2018, 1:19 PM

Your tailgate sounds like a blast, no music, no generators for tv, food warmers, etc. Nothing gets me more fired up for football season than chess and novels at the tailgate!

That's not what I said.

Sep 14, 2018, 1:33 PM

Music is OK, just not blaring.

I have a generator and a TV but I have a low noise generator and I place it where it doesn't disturb others. Some people buy cheap crap and place it on the other side of their vehicle next to someone else's tailgate.

Most people are great, but I have been next to some real jerks.

Sep 14, 2018, 1:25 PM

Living in Clemson, I pass the tailgating lots on the way to church on Sunday mornings. The University does a good job of getting it cleaned up but the mess that is left is an embarrassment to Clemson fans. Thanks to the workers on the clean up crews for their efforts in cleaning up other people’s trash.

Thanks Dad, now where's my #### allowance?***

Sep 14, 2018, 1:33 PM

Sep 14, 2018, 1:38 PM

I was told by some fellow tailgaters that it was ok to leave trash behind as long as it was in a garbage bag that had been tied closed, that there were crews whose job it was to come by and pick it up in the hours after the game. Is that not the case? If it isn’t, there is a dumpster not too far from where we park that I can walk it to, I have just been doing what I thought was ok. I admit that it does feel weird though, like I’m doing something I shouldn’t.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the University is fine with leaving bagged trash.

Sep 14, 2018, 2:07 PM

Even better if you put it in a bin or take it with you.

Correct....bring trash bags...bag it....crew will pick up.***

Sep 14, 2018, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Clean up your tailgate spot! ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AND KEEP YOUR ####### FOOTBALL OUT OF MY AREA***

Sep 14, 2018, 2:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

So you are saying that people who leave trash...

Sep 14, 2018, 2:25 PM

...are trash?

Spot on!

Re: So you are saying that people who leave trash...

Sep 14, 2018, 2:32 PM

Just make sure that all that cat litter is removed from the stadium parking lot after GEORGIA SOUTHERN cleans your stadium.

Our best janitors are from GSU

Sep 14, 2018, 2:34 PM

We thank you for cleaning the stadium but does that mean we have to tip you?

Sep 14, 2018, 7:30 PM

Announcement to clean up you tailgate spot are are similar to announcents to stand for national anthem. It’s not necessary but done nonetheless

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic