Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for those defending Peak...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Question for those defending Peak...

Oct 4, 2015, 5:07 PM

Do you honestly think he is putting forth the effort to start over the hungry young guys behind him?

Do you believe Sammy or Nuk wouldn't have gone up and caught that ball?

With the game on the line would you target Peak or Renfrow?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Renfrow.......

Oct 4, 2015, 5:10 PM

Is a baller, reminds me so much of Grisham.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me, Renfrow appears to be more athletic and have a little

Oct 4, 2015, 7:36 PM

more shake 'n bake than Grisham or HUmphries ever had.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

This^^^***

Oct 4, 2015, 9:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To me, Renfrow appears to be more athletic and have a little

Oct 4, 2015, 11:40 PM [ in reply to To me, Renfrow appears to be more athletic and have a little ]

Renfrow reminds me of Jaron Brown. As for Peake, and I already posted about this. He's not helping his QB. I can put two picks on him. I really want him to be the guy. Hope he gets more aggressive with the ball

Re: Renfrow.......

Oct 4, 2015, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Renfrow....... ]

He's better than Grisham

Who cares? We won.***

Oct 4, 2015, 5:16 PM

youll never see me complain about a win and I couldn't be

Oct 4, 2015, 5:52 PM

Happier but a change does need to be made there. To say who cares about a problem that's been good for 2-3 picks over the past 2 games is pretty ridiculous. Charone has all the talent and athletic ability in the world to be our mike Williams level deep threat but he's scared to fight for the ball and it's starting to really hurt us. It's not like he doesn't want to but the guy has gone through helll and back with his knee and he's obviously worried that if he makes too quick of a move or jumps he's going to injure that knee again. I'm not saying take Charone off the field at all but he should definitely not be our deep threat at this point.

I find it mind-bottling that we have folks that would

Oct 4, 2015, 7:31 PM

go to such lengths to call out one of our own and make such a big deal out of it after we just had one of the biggest victories in recent years, defeating a team like Notre Dame who was the #6 team in the country which allowed us to move up to #6 ourselves.

Peake has not lived up to expectations, there is no doubt about that, but that does not mean that the interception was his fault, nor do I see it of some kind confirmation of his ongoing failure to live up to those expectations. I would not have expected Sammy or Nuk to make that catch either, even though they may have, but even so, again that is not evidence that the interception was Peake's fault.

Peake has not lived up to expectations does not equal the int was Peake's fault.

Sammy or Nuk would have caught that pass (highly debatable) does not equal the int was Peake's fault.

The way I see it, Peake had his man beat deep - that is indisputable. The ball was underthrown - that is indisputable. Peak tried to adjust and make a play on the ball, but the DB, because the ball was underthrown, had better position and made the play. It's that simple. I have no reason based on that play alone to think that Peake showed a lack of effort or caused or allowed the interception. Having the benefit of hindsight, it would have been great if Peake had done something differently, or better yet, if DW had thrown a better pass; but given the heat of the moment and the conditions on the field, it's warped to point fingers and call a player out or be so highly critical of their effort.

Give it up guys, and enjoy the victory and the fact that we are on track to make the playoffs!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I find it mind-bottling that we have folks that would

Oct 4, 2015, 7:56 PM

Even dabo said he should have at least broke the pass up. Why are you the only person who thinks it not on Peake?

You always want your WR to either make the catch or

Oct 4, 2015, 8:58 PM

break it up; I understand that. In some cases, however, that is utterly impossible. I think that either of those would have been extremely difficult in this case, and I don't see how the guy who actually threw the ball gets a totally free pass. Even if Peake could have and should have broken that up, that still doesn't let DW off the hook for making a bad pass.

I don't pretend to know one gazillionth of what Dabo knows about football. I don't know as much about football as Steve Spurrier, and I don't always agree with him either.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: You always want your WR to either make the catch or

Oct 4, 2015, 9:56 PM

But it wasn't a bad pass. He threw that pass as it was designed and he threw it perfectly. Peake was supposed to get physical and go up and out play that weak corner, and he didn't...he drifted as if it were a fade route, therefore, he hung his QB out to dry.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: You always want your WR to either make the catch or

Oct 4, 2015, 9:56 PM [ in reply to You always want your WR to either make the catch or ]

The ball was not as badly underthrown as your making it out to be. And it wasn't even close to "extremely difficult" for Peake to make at least an attempt to break the pass up. A little bit harder than normal, yes, but the attempt still should have been there.

As far as blaming Watson, of coarse the pass wasn't thrown perfect. Everybody knows that. But not every pass is gonna be right there between the numbers for receivers to catch. Good receivers make plays when the ball isn't on the money. That's the difference between a good college receiver and an NFL receiver. Bottom line is Peake should have make some attempt at making a play.

Once again, why are you the only one who thinks that one isn't on Peake?

Pic of Peake making no attempt attached:

Oct 4, 2015, 10:28 PM

nm

- H. L. Mencken

it was a tremendous attempt at hoping the ball cleared

Oct 4, 2015, 10:37 PM

the defender who actually made a play on the ball.

peake was passive on the play, did not attack the ball or defender in the least and it cost his team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was trying to adjust and was going to the ball. He was

Oct 4, 2015, 10:51 PM

trying to make the catch. The ball was late which allowed the DB to get in better position to make the play.

- H. L. Mencken

plenty of time to adjust on the ball and peake failed.

Oct 4, 2015, 10:54 PM

neither player comes down with the ball there is worst case if charone is doing his job and the fact the defender did is all on charone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does this mean I haven't convinced you to see it my way?

Oct 4, 2015, 11:13 PM

;)

- H. L. Mencken

you were trying? it was a pretty poor effort if you were.

Oct 4, 2015, 11:18 PM

especially the snap shot from behind when that same video gives much better views of the lack of effort charone made on the ball or on preventing the db from making the play.

the best wr by far in the view was the notre dame db.

;)

:)

pick one.

I think I'll just go to bed.

Oct 4, 2015, 11:47 PM

:)

- H. L. Mencken

haha, you're a good man smiling... have a great one.***

Oct 4, 2015, 11:48 PM

A good man? That may be a stretch but I'll take it.

Oct 4, 2015, 11:54 PM

G'night DSP!

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I find it mind-bottling that we have folks that would

Oct 4, 2015, 8:47 PM [ in reply to I find it mind-bottling that we have folks that would ]

Earlier you said that you give the coaches the benefit of the doubt when it comes to personnel decisions - That they see something in Peake which is why he's playing.

So now since the head coach agrees with 99% of everyone else on here in regard to Peake's effort to prevent the pick, have you changed your mind?

I don't think most on here are saying that Peake should've caught the pass or that it wasn't underthrown by Watson... but what they are saying, is that he didn't even try to break it up.

I hope the guy steps it up, I think he has a lot of potential - but he needs to show a little more fight. I don't mind if a guy screws up because of lack of skill, that's not his fault - but he can always control his effort.

I saw no lack of effort by Peake on that play. I saw him try

Oct 4, 2015, 9:20 PM

to adjust and make the catch.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I saw no lack of effort by Peake on that play. I saw him try

Oct 4, 2015, 10:21 PM

congrats!! U saw better than me!I did not see him make any effort to break up the pass

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo didnt defend him, so I won't!***

Oct 4, 2015, 7:33 PM

Re: Dabo didnt defend him, so I won't!***

Oct 4, 2015, 9:09 PM

Dabo said it was a bad throw...Peake had his man beat, and didn't have the position. Simple.

not even close to what dabo's message was on that play...

Oct 4, 2015, 9:39 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/update/coach/WATCH-Swinneys-ND-postgame-press-conference-20573?ref=front

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQg7URT1Pho

15:00 mark:

"...it was a little under thrown...", we CAN'T let that ball get intercepted, we got to tackle the guy, let's get a penalty it's still our ball... we CAN NOT let the ball be taken away there.

If he heard about this thread he would jump all over it.***

Oct 4, 2015, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Dabo didnt defend him, so I won't!*** ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he read STS and Tigernet.

Oct 4, 2015, 9:12 PM

Half the tnetters and all the STS writers think Dabo favors Seniors. Looks like ole Peake sided with the wrong group here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you getting out of this? Shut up.***

Oct 4, 2015, 9:51 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You people crack me up!! I know

Oct 4, 2015, 11:31 PM

Him and he is part of the family. There are no issues. If you actually go back and look at the play the ball was a tad under thrown and the cb was in perfect position to pick it off. If the ball was a bit further and higher he would have caught it. How do you expect him running full speed with guy cb covering him to stop in mid air, go back in other direction and catch it or knock it down from cb???!!! Stop with this crapola!!

Yeah, but everybody else says he sux!

Oct 4, 2015, 11:52 PM

Don't you know he hasn't put forth any effort? ;)

Now I'm really going to bed, and I mean it this time.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: You people crack me up!! I know

Oct 5, 2015, 8:13 AM [ in reply to You people crack me up!! I know ]

How do you expect him running full speed with guy cb covering him to stop in mid air, go back in other direction and catch it or knock it down from cb???!!! Stop with this crapola!!

He was not running full speed at the time of the attempted catch, or lack thereof. Receivers adjust to the ball when its in mid air and underthrown all the time. They practice this all the time. That's the difference between a good and great receiver.

Re: You people crack me up!! I know

Oct 5, 2015, 8:22 AM [ in reply to You people crack me up!! I know ]

I saw Sammy do it against OSU. Just saying its possible. But yes Sammy is an all world talent, but so was Charone out of HS. *shrugs shoulders*

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic