Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First play series on offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

First play series on offense

Dec 23, 2019, 12:06 PM

I think we will start out throwing some short stuff to see how their LBs are reacting. Then a run by TL to settle him down some. Running always seemed to settled DW. If we get couple of quick 1st downs then look out, we will open the whole can on them. Field position will be big if we don't get some to start. But, we may win the toss and defer and they fumble the kickoff!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something tells me we'll thow downfield first play

Dec 23, 2019, 2:32 PM

and go for all the marbles.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like we always look out of sync on our first offensive

Dec 23, 2019, 2:36 PM

possession in big games. We will probably go 3-and-out and then start moving the ball on the 2nd possession.

Re: I feel like we always look out of sync on our first offensive

Dec 23, 2019, 2:41 PM

Yes we def do seem come out too juiced up on the first series on occasion. I remember last year in championship game TL came out throwing 96 mph and one of his short screen type passes went about 12 feet over Ross head into the stands lol.

Dec 23, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to I feel like we always look out of sync on our first offensive ]

That's what we usually do. I expect a short run then a short incomplete pass, 3 and out, next possession we are relaxed and the beat down starts.

We haven’t gone 3-and-out to open a game since Syracuse

Dec 23, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to I feel like we always look out of sync on our first offensive ]

in week 3. I don’t think we’ve been held under 40 yards since that game on our opening drive. Of course, Ohio State will be a tough defense so it wouldn’t surprise me if we did, but I don’t think we’ve been especially off on our opening drives.

null

Re: We haven’t gone 3-and-out to open a game since Syracuse

Dec 23, 2019, 4:58 PM

Well maybe we're sandbagging or maybe I've just watched last year's championship too many times!

Dec 23, 2019, 4:09 PM [ in reply to I feel like we always look out of sync on our first offensive ]

That's called a "set up".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems to be our MO - defense also on many occasions.

Dec 23, 2019, 5:20 PM [ in reply to I feel like we always look out of sync on our first offensive ]

We apparently run a lot of scripted plays both ways early on to hone in on what we can exploit all night long from there. All. Night. Long.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First play series on offense

Dec 23, 2019, 2:39 PM

Looking forward to see how we scheme against CY. Media seems to think we will collapse at the sight of his mighty presence...pshh. No disrespect to him because he is a great talent, but there is a plethora of things that can be done to keep him in check.

Re: First play series on offense

Dec 23, 2019, 5:02 PM

flea flicker pass to our secret weapon TE down the seam

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic