Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No one has pulled any harder for KB.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,526

No one has pulled any harder for KB.

Sep 22, 2018, 7:35 PM

I'm ready to call the competition over though. TL has won the job IMHO. He gives us the most efficient attack. Kid is unreal and has the right attitude to handle the biggest stage.

Love ya, Kelly. You're a terrific young man and a superb athlete. I'm glad you're a Tiger and I love to root for you. Gotta admit, though, Trevor makes the offense potent, not just good. With TL in the game, we're liable to score on any snap from anywhere on the field.

I hope the coaching staff gets together tomorrow and makes the call. Should be Trevor's team from here on out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

As a Wren grad that watched him play ball in high school

Sep 22, 2018, 7:42 PM

I honestly think his muscle gain at Clemson has impacted his passing more than anything. He had a cannon that was on point in high school, but he was also 20+ lbs lighter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a Wren grad that watched him play ball in high school

Sep 22, 2018, 7:46 PM

I think the coaches will have a sit down with him and will let KB know before anyone else. Dabo has that kind of class. I bet he also brings up the chance to RS and have two years of eligibility remaining if he wants to transfer. Let TL take all the one reps and let Chase B get some more snaps in practice to be the number two. Obviously KB will travel the rest of the year should TL go down with injury. That is how I see the coaches handling this situation. You have to feel for KB. Such a great young man that has bled and worked so hard to come back, but there is no denying that we are better with TL.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he redshirts he still only has one year left

Sep 22, 2018, 7:48 PM

We need him this year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree why would he RS and transfer anyway?

Sep 22, 2018, 7:51 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he redshirted he could probably start someplace

Sep 22, 2018, 8:13 PM

else next year. He would still be part of this team this year and win with the team

But we will need him as an active player

Sep 22, 2018, 8:19 PM

Why do you think we will need him this year?

Sep 22, 2018, 10:27 PM [ in reply to If he redshirts he still only has one year left ]

Our offense is clearly better with Trevor. Unless you are planning on an injury, we would be fine with Trevor as starter and Brice as his backup.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 22, 2018, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: As a Wren grad that watched him play ball in high school ]

KB would only have one year of eligibility left at this point if he doesn't take another snap. One more snap in another game and he loses the ability to redshirt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2018, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: As a Wren grad that watched him play ball in high school ]

He would only have one season if he redshirted this year. I don't think he would transfer though.

Sep 22, 2018, 7:50 PM

I must be a slow typer.

Sep 22, 2018, 8:42 PM [ in reply to As a Wren grad that watched him play ball in high school ]

I think he still has a cannon. It just seems he has a problem timing the routes, reading coverage, and going through progressions. His ability to run is a blessing and it is his worst enemy. He flushes and runs too quickly. Honestly, I wanted him to be the starter because he is a senior and he has overcome a lot of health issues. Having said that, T.L. is the better q.b. we have an identical situation to what Alabama has. Nick made the switch a year late. I think Dabo will make it quicker than that.

You're a great booster D78

Sep 22, 2018, 7:45 PM

And you have been all KB up to now … TL gives us an opportunity to beat the biggest of the big boys. Meaningful post if TL met your high criteria. Go Tigers!

I feel bad for Kelly, but he's a great kid

Sep 22, 2018, 7:47 PM

He'll handle it and do whatever he can for his team

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I feel bad for Kelly, but he's a great kid

Sep 22, 2018, 7:59 PM

KB has one year left b/c he will be a grad transfer, wouldn't he have two years left if he redshirted this year (this year and his grad school year). I do hope he stays and we very well might need him, so I hope he stays. Whatever happens, we are lucky he is on this team and he has shown wisdom beyond his years.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2018, 8:37 PM

Kelly can't play another snap or he loses the ability to redshirt. He is a true senior so he can't graduate and transfer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2018, 10:24 PM

Don't you get a free year if you graduate and then you can transfer and play right away if you are in grad school like Russell Wilson did at Wisconsin ?

So, if he doesn't play anymore this year he would get this year back and would have an second year as a "grad student".

From the NCAA:
Student-athletes who have earned their bachelor’s degree also may participate in athletics as a graduate student at another Division I college provided they meet certain criteria (NCAA Bylaw 14.6.1) or obtain an NCAA waiver. This so-called “graduate transfer” rule was intended to assist academically high-achieving students in pursuing a degree of interest that may not be offered at their undergraduate college."

No.***

Sep 22, 2018, 10:36 PM

Agree with everything you said

Sep 22, 2018, 8:05 PM

except redshirting KB. He’s a great young man and ball player. Would NOT want CB as the #2! No way! TL is the QB that opens up the field of play!

I've been trying to stay unbiased

Sep 22, 2018, 9:02 PM

And out of the QB discussions for the most part, but I agree that today TL finally pulled away. The stats don't lie, and the offense was on a whole other level when he was in there.

Re: No one has pulled any harder for KB.

Sep 22, 2018, 10:31 PM

I have high respect for KB. I have been in the camp to let TL have a shot to see what he can do, but I know that takes away from KB who has performed well for us. I do not want him to transfer, because I want him to play for us. Just being selfish here, so I support anything he decides to do.

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,526
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic