Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone on this board call the Scar upset?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,670

Anyone on this board call the Scar upset?

Oct 15, 2019, 9:25 AM

I sure didn’t. I said it wasn’t gonna happen. Dawgs had way too much talent. These players were part of the #1 recruiting class of 2018. How can the best players in the nation lose at home to a team like Scar? Yes we lost to Pitt at home but we didn’t have the #1 recruiting class on the field. Dawgs have set a new standard for failure to launch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I certainly didn't...

Oct 15, 2019, 9:37 AM

and while I never pull for uof5c, watching the Leg Humpers crash and burn sure made me smile.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I certainly didn't...

Oct 15, 2019, 8:52 PM

Same here, I got over it quickly knowing The doggies went down. But actually I didn’t believe the Cluckers stood a chance until very late in regulation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone on this board call the Scar upset?

Oct 15, 2019, 9:39 AM

Nope, huge surprise. I figured UGA roster would beat coot roster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2019, 9:47 AM

did not call for upset but i would have taken the points.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2019, 10:03 AM

No, because I obviously underestimated how overrated they were.

I knew SCAR was desperate for a win and UGA hadn't looked good the previous couple of games, so I picked the chickens to cover. I never imagined they'd win.

UGA had an absolutely head-scratching game plan.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expected them to play at least one good team close

Oct 15, 2019, 10:14 AM

They always seem to have a knack for playing up to good competition and down to bad competition. I honestly was worried it might be us considering it will be at W-B and they would love nothing more than to kill our season. I think they used up all of their luck on the Dawgs though - that horseshoe fell out when goggles missed that kick.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I expected them to play at least one good team close

Oct 15, 2019, 8:39 PM

Definitely considered your idea as they will have all the motivation in the world to ruin our season. Now we have the Dawgs to thank for plenty of tape on how to game plan.

Oct 15, 2019, 10:17 AM

I did at work. Felt like they were playing better and UGA was complacent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

call me crazy but I don't care what the c00t5 do ***

Oct 15, 2019, 10:24 AM

Oct 15, 2019, 11:52 AM

I felt there was a chance the chickens could win. I felt if UGA played uninspired (which they did) and USuCk caught some breaks, they'd make it a game.

UGA had to try and lose that game....and they did. When Hilinski went out, the coots basically handed UGA the game.....and UGA handed it back.

Oct 15, 2019, 12:07 PM

Prior to the season starting I predicted UGA to lose 2-3 games (out of ND, UF, Auburn, TAMU), but UofSuc was not one of the games that I thought they would lose.

My reasoning was the loss of their 2 best receivers to the NFL, and the only other receiver with at least one reception in college was kicked off their team. I felt like teams that could stop the run would beat UGA. I still think that.

Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 PM

Credit where credit is due: Kornblut called the halftime score exactly, 17-10 SCar.

But even he thought the Dawgs would wear down the chickens in the second half. I still don't know how they didn't.

Well, 4 turnovers kinda get your defense off the field early, duh.

Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 PM

Credit where credit is due: Kornblut called the halftime score exactly, 17-10 SCar.

But even he thought the Dawgs would wear down the chickens in the second half. I still don't know how they didn't.

Well, 4 turnovers kinda get your defense off the field early, duh.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,670
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic