Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't understand why everyone is upset with Tanner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I don't understand why everyone is upset with Tanner

May 29, 2018, 10:30 AM

If the roles were reversed do you think DRad would give the nod to them? It's called a rivalry for a reason folks and don't think for one second that our AD wouldn't stick it to them. All we can do is play the hand we're dealt. A FSU super would be tough to handle but at this point it should be. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand why everyone is upset with Tanner

May 29, 2018, 10:51 AM

We should have beaten FSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhh...we let VT run down our Hill.

May 29, 2018, 10:53 AM

Do you think the dirt peckers would have let them run through their monoammonium phosphate spray?

May 29, 2018, 11:03 AM

We lost 7 out of 9 to UGA, FSU and NCSU. Only 1 game was on the opponent’s field.
We are where we belong. Time for big boy baseball.
We are the most conspiratorial fan base in college sports.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He77 yeah! DRad kept them out of the playoffs!

May 29, 2018, 11:14 AM

Wait....wut?

Re: He77 yeah! DRad kept them out of the playoffs!

May 29, 2018, 11:17 AM

That's not what I said. I said if the roles were reversed he would not give them a higher seed to have an easier rode to Omaha.

FSU lost 7 of 9 to UF, Duke and Clemson-- you can pull any

May 29, 2018, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand why everyone is upset with Tanner ]

stat you want and twist it. Unlike some of the conspiracy theorists, I don't think Tanner did anything specific to have CU at 10. What is ironic is that they point to conf results carry a lot of weight(Clemson not playing UNC, when vice versa is true, UK not making it with an RPI of 30 because they finished 13-17 in the SEC), yet Clemson finished 5.5 games ahead of FSU in the the conference and split with them but that seems to be ignored- especially the first half. 5.5 games is enormous. Let's put that in perspective. WF finished 3.5 behind FSU, UVA and GT 4.5 behind FSU, and Pitt finished 5.5 games behind FSU(the same gap as CU-FSU).

I'm not sure I would have put any of the 3 as national seeds. Maybe Stetson, TT and UGA in some order but Clemson would have been 1st out of the ACC. FSU finished 6th in the league and even if you added in the tournament record, they may have 4th best conf record?? They got swept by UF yet that's propping their RPI/SOS up.

Re: FSU lost 7 of 9 to UF, Duke and Clemson-- you can pull any

May 29, 2018, 12:34 PM

here is a stat no one is talking about. Clemson's OOC scheduled ranked in 80s. UNC was ranked in the teens. (15 I think) big difference.

also Tanner is good friends with Lee so don't think he would screw him. As much as I don't care for Tanner as our AD (I am USAC grad) he is an honorable man. He wouldn't do anything that would come back to bite him. Also, since he's an NCST grade, I don't think he'd give UNC any edge. You do realize we were on the bubble last year and his friend, Chad's job was on the line and we were the first out. As much as I don't care for Tanner as our AD (I am USAC grad) he is an honorable man. He wouldn't do anything that would come back to bite him.

Re: FSU lost 7 of 9 to UF, Duke and Clemson-- you can pull any

May 29, 2018, 12:38 PM [ in reply to FSU lost 7 of 9 to UF, Duke and Clemson-- you can pull any ]

here is a stat no one is talking about. Clemson's OOC scheduled ranked in 80s. UNC was ranked in the teens. (15 I think) big difference.

also Tanner is good friends with Lee so don't think he would screw him. He wouldn't do anything that would come back to bite him. Also, since he's an NCST grade, I don't think he'd give UNC any edge. You do realize we were on the bubble last year and his friend, Chad's job was on the line and we were the first out. As much as I don't care for Tanner as our AD (I am USAC grad) he is an honorable man. He wouldn't do anything that would come back to bite him.

out of conference SOS should be factored but at some point

May 29, 2018, 2:25 PM

you actually have to win some of those games-- UNC lost them and is benefiting(similarly, FSU did as well)-- I think that's one thing to do that when you're talking making the tourney-- it's another when you get a national seed from it. You would think UK would have been a shoe-in for the tourney. They scheduled tough OOC and they WON a bunch of those tough ones.

Clemson won 7 more games than UNC (45 to 38)

May 29, 2018, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU lost 7 of 9 to UF, Duke and Clemson-- you can pull any ]

a 76% winning percentage vs 68%.

At some point, actually winning the games on your schedule should count more than how hard your schedule is. We're not talking about UNC vs. Western Carolina schedule comparison - these are two same-conference teams.

In conference, Clemson played BC and Notre Dame while UNC played Duke and VT. Much difference? No (Would you rather play at Duke or at ND in 20 degree weather?)
OOC, Clemson played Dallas Baptist, SCAR and UGA (2) while UNC played ECU, South Florida and SCAR (1). Much difference? No
All other games are just bottom tier schools like Liberty, Austin Peay, Richmond, Wiliam & Mary, etc. Much difference? No (UNC LOST to Gardner Webb and twice to UNC-W)

Almost everyone would agree that Clemsons and UNC schedules could be interchanged and no one would really notice difficulty-wise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Duke(RPI 20) is considerably better than ND (RPI 97)

May 29, 2018, 2:46 PM

and UNC also played NC State 4x for some reason. Their schedule was a bit tougher than ours, but I'm not sure it was enough to account for the 5.5 (7 more wins, 4 less losses) games we finished up on them overall.

they actually lost the "non-conf" game vs NCSU, they

May 29, 2018, 3:32 PM

lost both to UNCW, lost their only 1 to Coastal, lost the series to ECU, lost to St Johns out of conference. Yep- Duke is better than ND but they lost 2-3 to them, lost to Pitt who we swept the prior w/e and lost to the aforementioned GW. They did take 2-3 against USF. They will be done quickly IMO.

I really doubt Tanner was actually trying to screw us

May 29, 2018, 2:30 PM

I further doubt that the other members of the committee would've gone along with it had he actually tried to screw us. Not everything is a conspiracy.

He screwed us with an irrational decision. He said that

May 29, 2018, 4:45 PM

we missed out because UNC was not on our schedule. Well, UNC was not scheduled to play us either. And UNC had much worse record and lost to Pitt in ACC tournament, a team we had demolished the weekend before at Pittsburgh!

I never said he was competent and did a good job.

May 29, 2018, 4:47 PM

I just don't the conspiracy angle.

Re: don't get the conspiracy angle

May 30, 2018, 7:25 AM

Most of the conspiracy theory guys post ALL the time. Sitting at the computer all day can make you paranoid. If Tanner hadn't been on the committee they would have found something else to throw out there.

May 29, 2018, 4:15 PM

Tanner is a classy guy and has high regard for Monty, I seriously doubt that he would do anything unprofessional against Clemson in the committee. Your seating is where the entire committee put you, not Tanner.

You guys have a good baseball team with a great coach. I think that there is a real good chance you make it to Omaha.

In his own words he screwed us! Irrational decision, he said

May 29, 2018, 4:48 PM

we did not get in because UNC was not on our schedule. Well the same applies to UNC and they lost more games than we did and to Pitt in ACC tournament. NOT CLASSY!

It is called expecting a rational objective professional to

May 29, 2018, 4:42 PM

make a right decision. Anybody like that would have picked Clemson over UNC. I noticed the Coaches poll in US Today had Clemson 7 higher ranked than UNC rightfully so.

May 30, 2018, 8:48 AM

UNC had a solid case for a national seed, built primarily upon its ACC Coastal Division championship. But we liked Clemson’s case — and even Stetson’s case — a tick more than we liked UNC’s. Clemson and UNC both went 22-8 in the regular season to win their respective divisions, but Clemson added a 2-1 showing in the ACC tourney, giving it a 24-9 mark against ACC opponents (compared with UNC’s 23-10, counting a midweek loss to NC State). UNC won just two series this year against regional teams: at South Florida in Week One, and a big road sweep of NC State. Clemson won series against Florida State, at Louisville, South Carolina and Dallas Baptist. Clemson was also 15-5 on the road, compared with UNC’s 12-10. And Clemson was red-hot down the stretch, going 19-3 in its final 22 games. UNC’s only real edge over Clemson is a three-spot advantage in the RPI (No. 8 vs. No. 11), but all the other factors should have given Clemson the nod.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic