Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't think Elliot and Scott get enough ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I don't think Elliot and Scott get enough ...

Jul 12, 2017, 10:09 PM

credit for the outstanding jobs they are doing. What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Re: I don't think Elliot and Scott get enough ...

Jul 12, 2017, 10:11 PM

agree.hope they stay around for a good long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 12, 2017, 10:13 PM

I agree I think they get respect from fans and players but I don't think they get enough national credit. I think these next couple seasons they will finally start getting their due nationally. Think a lot of national talking heads thought of DW and them were Morris' players. They won't be able to use that excuse anymore so I think they will start to get more national respect like they deserve!!

Jul 12, 2017, 10:14 PM

They said they would take cash rather than credit .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2017, 10:58 PM

Crazy thing is like I think I read Carolinas oline coach makes more money than scott does. I was surprised when I saw he only makes like 250,000 a year if I'm not mistaken. Not 100% sure but he def needs to get paid more than any offensive assistant on Carolinas staff. I think he and Elliot are better than roper at carolina.i think they will start to get their credit and raise very soon. I love Elliot and Scott as our co-Ocs hope they stick around for a long time!!

Jul 12, 2017, 11:03 PM

I think I read where they're making more now . Seems like raises to close to $800,000 yr .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2017, 11:15 PM

That's good to hear they deserved it that's forsure. We need to keep them as long as possible. Scott learned under his dad and also hear Morris took him under his wing and taught him a lot like a mentor bc he knew he was going to take a job as a HC somewhere soon. Then I think we didn't want to lose elliot so we promoted him as well which was a brilliant move bc he's very smart and a great offensive mind. Plus ones a wr guy ones a rb guy so I think they mesh well and complement eachother very nicely!

Jul 13, 2017, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think Elliot and Scott get enough ... ]

they make $800k each. Doing well! THey are at CU for the long haul!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think Elliot and Scott get enough ... ]

Scott and Elliot made $275k and $265k respectively before taking over as co-OCs (2014).

Their first year as co-OCs (2015), they each made $400k.

Their second year as co-OCs (2016), they each made $625k (apparently $643k with signing bonus).

This year (2017), they'll each make $800k after signing to 2-year contracts

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/The-Numbers-Are-In-Coaches-salaries-released-13443
http://theclemsoninsider.com/2016/03/04/football-coaches-salaries-up-1-085-million/
http://theclemsoninsider.com/2017/02/02/clemson-football-coaches-receive-700k-in-salary-increases/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2017, 10:17 PM

Totally agree. Along with nationally too. There are a lot of unsung heros on staff, but all boils down to Dabo.

Jul 12, 2017, 11:28 PM

I remember a couple of folks on here saying that Dabo should decide on one OC , because as they said if you have 2 OC's you ain't got 1 good one .

They were wrong . They know who they are .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 13, 2017, 6:44 AM

I thought they did a great job at getting Stoudt ready for the Oklahoma game. Looked like they had come up with a game plan to play to his strengths.

^^^^first thought as well.***

Jul 13, 2017, 7:52 AM

DW4 def makes it easier but I saw significant improvements once

Jul 13, 2017, 12:37 AM

Chad Morris left. Chad could get stubborn and keep running plays that were "system" plays and not the adjustment or read that we needed. These guys use more common sense. but like I said they get to prove it big time if we put up good numbers on offense this year. And if we do have good numbers then I think one of them will get offered a job somewhere else.

Re: DW4 def makes it easier but I saw significant improvements once

Jul 13, 2017, 1:00 AM

Agree on Chad Morris and play calling. They will be up against some new offensive challenges for this year, it will be a testing year without an experienced talent like DW4 at the helm. I hope you're wrong about one of the two of them leaving anytime soon. However, it almost seems inevitable due to their resume and the teams that need " real coaches" in Div 1 FB. Standard bearers, again I hope they both stay for a while, great combination of coaching and play calling.

Message was edited by: ATech®

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic