Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today's Baseball Uniforms
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Today's Baseball Uniforms

Apr 24, 2016, 6:40 PM

I didn't care for the "high purple socks" uniform today. What do others think?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

Apr 24, 2016, 6:48 PM

It didn't help either

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

GT liked them***

Apr 24, 2016, 7:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GT liked them***

Apr 24, 2016, 8:53 PM

I loved the uniforms. Nice to see something different than the tight ### pants!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today's Baseball Uniforms

Apr 24, 2016, 7:23 PM

Not at all. Clemson doesn't do that, and I hope we don't do it again. It's kinda like changing the football helmet, that's Clemson tradition.

Do NOT want to see the tradition go by the wayside on this****

Apr 24, 2016, 7:45 PM

Re: Do NOT want to see the tradition go by the wayside on this****

Apr 24, 2016, 7:50 PM

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do NOT want to see the tradition go by the wayside on this****

Apr 24, 2016, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Do NOT want to see the tradition go by the wayside on this**** ]

monte is really into tradition. he!! he left omaha on the hats. the socks were purple. not bad once in awhile but dont see this as any kind of change.

Just win. I like our traditional baseball uniforms but I'm

Apr 24, 2016, 8:00 PM

not against changing it up.

I want to win. I want to get the best players at Clemson. In the end, I don't think our BB uniforms is what sells the program to HS players. It's the product we put on the field.

Apr 24, 2016, 8:02 PM

I liked them.... I'm sure the guys like to wear something a little different

I don't like it because we kind of originated the

Apr 24, 2016, 8:15 PM

Long pants look, however I could've overlooked it if we had won. Probably just something the team was doing today for luck or something. Not reading too much into it

Message was edited by: TigersRoarMayEcho®

Re: I don't like it because we kind of originated the

Apr 24, 2016, 9:11 PM

I know we did and I like it ok but its not my favorite look. I like to see the socks because I'm a traditionalist. Plus it is a cleaner look with socks than a few inches of pants falling over your shoe tops. Again just an opinion. Which I am entitled to

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2016, 9:15 PM [ in reply to I don't like it because we kind of originated the ]

Breaking tradition to change our luck is a scary proposition. I thought Clate turned it one of the more gutsy performances of the day and noticed he stayed tradional. Just saying.

Apr 25, 2016, 6:00 AM [ in reply to I don't like it because we kind of originated the ]

I agree but suspect had they won they would have decided it was thier "lucky" uniform and kept it. Hopefully the loss means it never comes back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2016, 8:11 AM

It looked odd to me.

Apr 25, 2016, 8:25 AM

It is probably because of seeing the long pants for years.

I think we should wear all orange like the football team! :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of 2008
Go Tigers!

Apr 25, 2016, 8:47 AM

Yeah, not a fan. Clemson has always done a great job of staying pretty true to their baseball uniform. Dating back to at least the 70s we have had the same logos on the cap, font on the jerseys, and striped long pants. They're even called "Clemson Cut" pants at this point. Some tweaks are ok, the high socks once in a while, camo unis for military appreciation, or the ones without buttons that we wore for a midweek game a few weeks back are all fine by me, if done in moderation, but our uniforms are timeless. Google "Clemson Baseball" and insert any year after it and you will see us wearing those same uniforms, and I hope we keep it that way.

Apr 25, 2016, 8:56 AM

pretty much what i said but you said it better. lol

Apr 25, 2016, 9:55 AM

Who cares

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not "anti-change" when it comes to uniforms

Apr 25, 2016, 10:09 AM

but I am a traditionalist. There are very few things that are not open to change, but the baseball pants are one of them. The long baseball pants are to Tiger baseball as the white paw/orange helmet is to football. The manufacturers even call that style the "Clemson cut". Going away from something that Clemson "invented"? Just doesn't seem proper.

http://www.uniformsexpress.com/pants.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Easton-Mens-Rival-Piped-Pant/dp/B00FJWVMJ2

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/100715_mlb_pants

2. The Clemson cut. While Hendrick is probably the most influential figure in the history of big league britches, he was actually beaten to the low-cuff punch by a college team: the 1978 Clemson University squad. Of course, college baseball was practically invisible back then, so hardly anyone noticed when Clemson coach Bill Wilhelm decreed that his players would wear long pants. Over the years, though, the low-cuff look has become Clemson's signature style (some sporting goods outlets even refer to the Tigers' long pants as the "Clemson cut") and was undoubtedly one of the earliest influences to give legitimacy to the pajama look.

I'd actually like to see us come out with a gray road uniforms as we realy don't have any "road" unis - we wear orange or purple on the road, same as we do at home.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic