Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I cannot wait to hear the libs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,072

I cannot wait to hear the libs

Mar 25, 2021, 8:38 AM

justify two sitting Senators announcing they will not vote for any more white people on the Cabinet.

Okay, calm your jets libbies, I have the quote right here:

"At this point, they can ... call me and tell me what the proposal is," she said. "But until then, I am a no vote on the floor on all non-diversity nominees. You know, I will vote for racial minorities and I will vote for LGBTQ, but anybody else, I'm not voting for."

Of course there is more, but the essence of the message is until you put more people that look like me on the cabinet I am not voting for any more nominees.

What kind of BS has this country regressed into? This is 100% left-wing progressive BS that is ruining the country. What they said is clear violation of the civil rights act.

It is coming for you, white people liberals, and I hope to God you are the first ones to lose your job, home, savings, have your kids/grandkids work at the 7-eleven because college ain't for crackers any more. I hope you are in the bread line while protected classes are allowed to shop normally b/c a government official doesn't like the color of your skin.

This chit ain't right and if you have half a brain you can see it getting worse day after day, year after year. Saying it is not headed that way is burying your head in the sand.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/key-dems-demand-diversity-biden-cabinet-oppose-diverse/story?id=76638843

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I cannot wait to hear the libs

Mar 25, 2021, 8:41 AM

BTW: it is this kind of bat-chit craziness that also makes any type of left-wing proposed gun control reform unacceptable to the right because the left is a bunch of loonies that have lost their mind. There is no credibility on the left, period.

Mar 25, 2021, 9:14 AM

Justify it?

This is exactly the intrinsic weakness of the Democratic Party that you might have noticed I've pointed out about a dozen-odd times here: it's not a cohesive unit. It's actually a squabbling Big Tent of discordant groups of Identity Politics without really a defining or coherent philosophy and they're really prone to circular firing squads.

The Asians on the group realized that Asian Hate is a Now and trending topic right now, so they're seizing on this moment to leverage more gigs for their own, is all. Identity politics. And Joe is going to have to swallow hard, grit his teeth, and bump one of his own (white) candidates in favor of an Asian one, or his two Asian Senators, with their sudden leverage, are going to blow Joe the eff up because right now they can.

Right or wrong, it's how the game works. Duckworth's got the high cards right now and Joe is going to have to grin and bear it.

Lest you cast judgment, the GOP is currently engaged in the business of suppressing every black vote they can reach, in every state they currently hold sway in, and trying to literally steal the House of Representatives for the next 10 years (again) by racially gerrymandering it (again) after literally racially gerrymandering it to the tune of about 60 seats in 2011, so stones in glass houses, and all that....

Mar 25, 2021, 9:17 AM

Suppressing black votes?? Oh yeah, voter ID , I forgot. Lol.

Mar 25, 2021, 9:48 AM

Whole lot more to it than that.

It's a numbers game and the way the votes are suppressed is around the edges. A few percentage points here, a few there, and it's the election, and the black/Latino vote is targeted in red states with almost surgical precision...especially red states that are trending blue, like Georgia, Arizona, and now Texas. There's just a raftload of voter measures...all strangely targeted at making it harder for people of color to vote in cities, especially Houston, Phoenix, and Atlanta?

Gosh, I wonder why?

This ends either one of two ways. Either 1) HR.1/S.1 is passed and this crap gets knocked down and the Pubs start getting creamed in elections and knock the racial crap off, and start trying to win elections the right way, you know, by persuading people to vote for them...or 2) the US of A ceases to be an actual Democracy.

There really is no middle ground. Because if the GOP continues down this path it's going to have to continue to mutate minority rule worse and worse until we're living in an outright autocracy. Some rowdy citizens had an outright go on January 6th but if we continue to allow state legislatures to do, say, what Arizona is trying to do - which is give the state legislature to override the voters if they don't like the results and send their own electors to Congress! - then at that point Democracy in this country is literally done anyway.

One person, one vote. As close as possible to equal representation for all. No matter how inconvenient it may be for you personally. Or this whole thing is pointless.

Mar 25, 2021, 11:12 AM

Don't disagree with gerrymandering.

But, it's not like the dems have never done it. They just don't like it now b/c the Rs have so many state houses.

Also, it is not like the Rs are getting up on the podium SAYING this is how we are redistricting - to minimize the black (or whatever) vote.

What is the solution go gerrymandering? Use county lines?

If there is an entity drawing lines, seems impossible to have an unbiased entity do it.

Mar 25, 2021, 12:19 PM

I think there's some software that does it best.

The idea is to have software that designs districts that gives the best ratio of representation so there's a even number of representatives per voter. That's fair.

Basically, the idea is, you have to let the citizens choose their reps. You can't let the reps choose their own voters, and that's what you've got going on now. Which is not in fact democracy.

http://autoredistrict.org/

I don't agree with her, obviously, but to be fair,

Mar 25, 2021, 10:05 AM

This is not "the country". This is two very liberal Senators. They are obviously in a very small minority. I thought I've even read that they've backed off of this, anyway.

Don't think it's worth any hand-wringing about "the country".

Re: I don't agree with her, obviously, but to be fair,

Mar 25, 2021, 10:08 AM

Did they back off already?

Wonder what kind of marker Joe had to hand Duckworth for that one? Tammy had him well and truly over a barrel, can't see him getting off cheap.

I think I read that here, so may not be accurate.

Mar 25, 2021, 10:10 AM

I don't think I've read it on an actual news site.

Mar 25, 2021, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't agree with her, obviously, but to be fair, ]

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/politics/duckworth-hirono-aapi-nominees/index.html

Mar 25, 2021, 11:16 AM

Are we all going to support Luka Don?i? when he announces he will not play basketball until more whites are on the team?

Or, how about Tom Brady says he thinks TB needs more whites, like running back like Christian McCaffrey? How would that go over?

Mar 25, 2021, 11:23 AM

As long as they "back off their threat" within a day or two, apparently it'll be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty much apply that to every political post made here

Mar 25, 2021, 5:42 PM [ in reply to I don't agree with her, obviously, but to be fair, ]

My favorite is when some posters on here take random twitter users' posts as evidence of a greater belief by the opposite party.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,072
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic