Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I detest Hillary, but find it next to impossible
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 160
| visibility 1

I detest Hillary, but find it next to impossible

Mar 3, 2016, 8:25 PM

to vote for Republican candidates (and I'm not saying it's all of them but a large enough percentage to be troublesome) who deny global warming and/or believe the Earth is 6,000 years old and that God placed fossils to test people's faith.

I know it exists in both parties (although in different forms) but the brand of anti-intellectualism that is embraced by a sizable portion of the GOP base is very troublesome.

I'd vote for Kasich over Hillary, and Rubio it'd be a tough call. Cruz and Trump though, not even close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I detest Hillary, but find it next to impossible

Mar 3, 2016, 8:32 PM

it wasn't always this way. But when the dems latched onto equal rights for blacks and women, the good christian people of the south and midwest latched onto the republican party. It is rather convenient to have all the backwards regressive thinking mouth breathers lumped into one political party though. I am not saying that all republicans are that way, just that those people are all republicans.

:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

point from a moderately conservative pub.

Mar 3, 2016, 9:06 PM

but not sure on global warming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: point from a moderately conservative pub.

Mar 3, 2016, 9:12 PM

Deniers just need to ask themselves, what if I am wrong? At the very least we need to explore alternative forms of energy that do not require poisoning people or invading foreign countries. If the political will existed, we could get off fossil fuels almost entirely in 20 years. And there really is no rational argument against cleaner cheaper fuel sources, unless you own stock in an oil company.

Mar 4, 2016, 10:09 AM

I actually agree with how you said this, but I think most that are against this movement (and not tied to oil, like you said) are more against the cost proposals to "fix" the problem. The questions isnt is the earth getting warmer... Its why. And furthermore, is there a "fix"? Im not a proponent of ignoring it and pretend it will go away, but we dont have sufficient answers to go throwing billions of dollars we dont have at a problem we dont know that we can fix. AND more important than any of this- Global warming isnt just a US problem to fix!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2016, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: point from a moderately conservative pub. ]

Is the Earth warming? Yes. How much has influenced it? That's the debate.

Why do Democrats need to tax everything to 'help' climate change while making sure developing nations are exempt from pollution control? Shutting factories in the US and allowing them to go to India, China, or some 3rd world country is going to help the planet? I'm sure they are very concerned about sulfur and NOx in the Congo.

Why can't we just raise the standard requirements for efficiency in a sensible approach instead of taxing the #### out of everything?

And perhaps CARB/CAFE/EPA could actually write fuel efficiency standards that are simple instead of catering to lobbyists using voodoo math to make fleet averages totally irrelevant to consumers. Perfect example.... you car burns E85. You went 20 miles on 1 gallon of E85. So it took you 0.15 gallons of gasoline to travel 20 miles. Your car gets 133 MPG!!!! Awesome!!!! That is what the EPA allows for fleet average calculations. So clear cut some more forest to plant corn to make more E85. You're doing a great job helping the environment.

And let's talk about alternatives. As a principal of an engineering firm (MEP) I've seen 'green' supporters block almost all the alternatives. Wind? Kills birds. Solar? Kills birds. Tidal? Kills fish. Want to save the world? Let's let the DNR issue kill permits for Bald Eagles so we can build windmills. Yeah, really good for the environment.

Mar 4, 2016, 2:09 PM

Agreed.

The US can't be expected to be the leader in fighting climate change. The entire world needs to get on board with the same regulations, etc.

A factory shutting down in the States and moving to Mexico doesn't solve climate change.

And I've said it before and say it again, WE can't stop climate change, we can only stop our part of climate change. Any leftist who claims humans are 100% to blame for climate change is as dumb as young earthers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2016, 2:22 PM

we are far behind other developed nations in renewable energy investments and the ONLY developed nation that has a political party in complete denial that there is a problem. Even China admits that it is caused by man and has invested far more in solar than the US.

The entire, "I needs more study" concession is just a way to further delay the inevitable. It cant be all that difficult to at least acknowledge that the GOP is heavily lobbied and funded by the fossil fuel industry, thus the reluctance to address the problem to the american public.

Mar 4, 2016, 2:30 PM

There is a lot more to tackling climate change then renewable energy investments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2016, 2:32 PM

denial and doing nothing is far from a solution. And putting James Inhofe in charge of the senate committee of environment and public works is a slap in the face to the american people.

And I only see one political party doing the damage here

Mar 4, 2016, 2:35 PM

To point out The Climate Change Performance Index 2016 (CCPI) ranks the US well ahead of China in combatting climate change.

Oops.

I use China since you brought China up.

Mar 4, 2016, 2:37 PM

That is because they manufacture all of our disposable consumer goods. Their entire economy is centered around accommodating our wasteful consumer culture.

And It does not change the fact that they acknowledge the problem and we are still in a baseless wait and see holding pattern.

Mar 4, 2016, 2:39 PM

But that's not what you said above. You said we were doing "nothing" yet we are ranked well ahead of China.

Maybe nothing has a new meaning, idk ;)

Mar 4, 2016, 2:42 PM

I said china ranked ahead of us in solar investments. This is a fact

...and India is trying, but the US corporations aren't

Mar 4, 2016, 2:43 PM

getting their cut... Link:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/wto-panel-rules-against-indias-solar-program-1441112645

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ...and India is trying, but the US corporations aren't

Mar 4, 2016, 2:46 PM

nothing to see here, it is just a massive conspiracy concocted by scientists across the globe to tax and regulate the oil industry,

Did you read the article...? Your response makes no sense.***

Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you read the article...? Your response makes no sense.***

Mar 4, 2016, 2:55 PM

I dont subscribe the WSJ, and can only be left to assume the WTO does not want the cost of solar to come down in the US.

According to the article, they don't want India making

Mar 4, 2016, 3:02 PM

their own panels and excluding outside 'suppliers'... Local supply is a key contributor to reducing carbon footprint but obviously someone's profits are more important.

Mar 4, 2016, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: point from a moderately conservative pub. ]

By the way, the US ranked #2 in renewable energy investments in 2014. (Latest year I could find)

#2..

Far from doing "nothing" right?

Mar 4, 2016, 2:46 PM

link?

Mar 4, 2016, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: point from a moderately conservative pub. ]

"We are far behind other developed nations in renewable energy investments."

We're #2 as of year 2014

Mar 4, 2016, 2:47 PM

link?

Mar 4, 2016, 2:51 PM

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us-navy-solar-farm-arizona_us_55e5e235e4b0b7a9633a6406

The US is also about to have the world's LARGEST solar farm

Mar 4, 2016, 2:52 PM

http://fs-unep-centre.org/publications/global-trends-renewable-energy-investment-2015

Mar 4, 2016, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: point from a moderately conservative pub. ]

maybe I should have said per capita investments.

and of course this does nothing to change the OP's premise that the GOP is backwards on this issue.

Mar 4, 2016, 2:56 PM

No it doesn't change the OP. But I won't speaking to the OP.

Mar 4, 2016, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: point from a moderately conservative pub. ]

> we are far behind other developed nations in
> renewable energy investments and the ONLY developed
> nation that has a political party in complete denial
> that there is a problem. Even China admits that it is
> caused by man and has invested far more in solar than
> the US.
>
> The entire, "I needs more study" concession is just a
> way to further delay the inevitable. It cant be all
> that difficult to at least acknowledge that the GOP
> is heavily lobbied and funded by the fossil fuel
> industry, thus the reluctance to address the problem
> to the american public.
>
> .

Balm, the pro-union blue-collar midwestern democrats

Mar 3, 2016, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I detest Hillary, but find it next to impossible ]

on balance are the most bigoted and gender biased group of white people around. Problem is, that doesn't fit the liberal narrative, and would cost them votes, so folks like you continue to perpetuate STEREOTYPES such as the one you just vomited above.

The yellow dog democrats you just gave a free pass to aren't far behind either. Your statement is a glaring example of the type of brainwashing that has us in this anti-tolerant mess we're mired in right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

More pubs voted for the civil rights act than dems***

Mar 4, 2016, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I detest Hillary, but find it next to impossible ]

Mar 3, 2016, 8:54 PM

Yep...pretty much what you said.

Kasich confesses to be a strong believer.

Mar 3, 2016, 8:54 PM

Even with his bronze-age faith, the other candidates pale in comparison. From what I've learned, I really like the guy. He's the only one who seems competent and level-headed. A Rubio/Kasich ticket would have some validity...considering Kasich has no chance for the nomination. Pretty sure Rubio has no chance either.

Why does this political race feel like a football season?

Do good guys really finish last?

Sorry-more questions than answers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know what you mean...

Mar 3, 2016, 8:57 PM

I don't like a whole lot of Republicans these days, but find it impossible to vote for candidates who think it's OK to tear children apart limb by limb if you don't want them around.

What do you think the criminal penalties should be

Mar 3, 2016, 9:00 PM

for abortion doctors and women who have abortions?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know.***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:02 PM

I think you would find the alternative equally troubling.

Mar 3, 2016, 9:09 PM

You do realize that abortion has been around since long before Roe v. Wade, right?

Myself, I'd classify as pro-life, and I don't like that abortion exists. I would not support a ban mainly due to what abortion was like before Roe.

Personally...I just don't like

Mar 3, 2016, 9:11 PM

killing children.

Don't think you'll find anyone that's for killing children***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Don't think you'll find anyone that's for killing children***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:20 PM

Unfortunately...

Mar 3, 2016, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Don't think you'll find anyone that's for killing children*** ]

I believe a majority of Americans, or close to it, are in favor of it.

Your assertion lacks nuance.***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:23 PM

Yes.***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:24 PM

And yours is far too nuanced***

Mar 4, 2016, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Your assertion lacks nuance.*** ]

How so? I stated that I'm personally against abortion but

Mar 4, 2016, 3:16 PM

wouldn't support a ban on it due to what it was like pre-Roe. Seemed pretty straightforward.

Re: How so? I stated that I'm personally against abortion but

Mar 4, 2016, 3:27 PM

Same here. I'm prolife but don't want a total ban.

I have no issue with education, etc though as long as it cuts down on abortion.

What about if Pakistanis were the one's getthing them?

Mar 3, 2016, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Personally...I just don't like ]

nm

Oh sweet an abortion conversation?

Mar 3, 2016, 9:07 PM [ in reply to What do you think the criminal penalties should be ]

How many of these have we had in the last 15 years?***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many of these have we had in the last 15 years?***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:27 PM

IDK, how many threads have you jacked?

Actually, that was Prodigal.***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:29 PM

my bad jg

Mar 3, 2016, 9:30 PM

ha, dont have my contacts in.

I posted the same thing the OP posted...

Mar 3, 2016, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Actually, that was Prodigal.*** ]

Just from my perspective. I don't know what your definition of "threadjack" is, but my post was highly related and consistent with the thread, to me.

Re: I posted the same thing the OP posted...

Mar 3, 2016, 9:33 PM

odd, because the OP never mentioned abortion.

Also didn't mention "blacks and women"

Mar 3, 2016, 9:34 PM

So did you threadjack?

Re: Also didn't mention "blacks and women"

Mar 3, 2016, 9:35 PM

I am just giving the backstory on how the regressives managed to take an entire political party hostage.

I shared with the OP how much his post

Mar 3, 2016, 9:37 PM

resonated with me, and explained why.

Re: I shared with the OP how much his post

Mar 3, 2016, 9:39 PM

fair enough, and I do not lump you into the category mouth breathing regressive. So no hard feelings?

Never had any hard feelings about anything on this board.***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:40 PM

Re: Never had any hard feelings about anything on this board.***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:41 PM

you at least practice what you preach, I respect that.

"I ####### love science, and you're dumb" is even more fun***

Mar 4, 2016, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Oh sweet an abortion conversation? ]

So the anti-Gore sentiment which led to becoming

Mar 4, 2016, 12:40 AM

one of the only political movements on the planet that overwhelmingly deny climate change isn't troubling to you?

I really couldn't care less

Mar 4, 2016, 12:40 PM

Scientific facts are scientific facts. They have no political upshot until somebody comes along and politicizes them. So I don't care at all how old somebody thinks the Earth is or what they think the average temperature will be 50 years from now.

While I agree that some Republican voters only paid any attention to climate change because of Al Gore, let's not forget that it was the left that tried to draw a straight line from climate science to their politics in the first place. There's nothing wrong with incorporating scientific facts into your politics, but let's not pretend that our politics are straightforwardly about something as objective as facts rather than being about how we respond to facts and about how we want to associate ourselves with the authority of science.

The thing is, nobody should care about a brute scientific fact. We should care how those facts might affect our lives, though, and we should be able to respond politically to those effects. The problem with left-wing co-opting of climate science is that, to many on the right, it looks like they're just using the alleged facts to get everybody else to do what they've always wanted to do anyway. Climate change is the permanent crisis that justifies greater government control over everything.

Leftist rhetoric about science, in my opinion, is the reason why so many people are skeptical of things like climate change. If you really want to convince people to become more responsible stewards of the environment, then we need to stop making abstract arguments based on the authority of scientists which nobody but other scientists can evaluate. Instead, we need humanistic rhetoric (like you can find here: http://www.rogerscruton.com/articles/9.html) that's less concerned with lording scientific authority over people.

If all that is the case, then disagree with the proposals

Mar 4, 2016, 10:23 PM

not with whether it exists. You've mentioned wanting to see a party in the US similar to the Conservative party in the UK. I'd like to see that as well.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn27499-uks-conservatives-to-fight-climate-change-but-shun-wind-power/

haven't had time to chime in on Marshall Tucker thread.

Mar 3, 2016, 9:11 PM [ in reply to What do you think the criminal penalties should be ]

but geez, now the debate is on.

Wonder what Toy Caldwell's stance on abortion is?***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:18 PM

never mind that. does his wang size relate to his hand size?***

Re: never mind that. does his wang size relate to his hand size?***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:34 PM

ask trump, he seems to get pretty upset when it is mentioned.

He's dead, ya know?***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:54 PM [ in reply to never mind that. does his wang size relate to his hand size?*** ]

so***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:56 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always thought the old hand to wang thang would

Mar 3, 2016, 10:17 PM

only work if hard.

depends on how long dead***

Mar 3, 2016, 11:15 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what I gather from this, they have forefeited their

Mar 4, 2016, 12:56 PM [ in reply to What do you think the criminal penalties should be ]

right to life.

Is this what you mean here, Prod? You have consistently called abortion murder, so logically, it follows.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19028931

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19028898

Can you name who these people are? Which candidates?

Mar 3, 2016, 11:01 PM [ in reply to I know what you mean... ]

are for tearing children apart limb by limb? And specifically to do so because "they don't want them around?"

To lump those who believe the earth is 6000 yrs old...

Mar 3, 2016, 9:20 PM

in with those who question man-made global warming is ludicrous.

Re: To lump those who believe the earth is 6000 yrs old...

it is kind of hard to support 160 thousand years of climate data trapped in ice cores when you refuse to acknowledge the first 154 ever happened.

it's almost like you understood my post....

Mar 3, 2016, 9:42 PM

almost

59% of Republicans deny climate change. 58% of Republicans

Mar 3, 2016, 9:35 PM [ in reply to To lump those who believe the earth is 6000 yrs old... ]

believe God created humans in their present form in the last 10,000 years. Coincidence?

you sure about that? based on a sample size of what?....

Mar 3, 2016, 9:41 PM

further...do you think 59% deny the climate is changing or do they, perhaps, not believe that man is the major cause of these changes.

Re: you sure about that? based on a sample size of what?....

Mar 3, 2016, 9:44 PM

can you at least acknowledge that there are more human beings alive now than have ever existed through human history, whether that be 6000 or 150 thousand years?

of course and I don't believe the earth is 6000 yrs old...

Mar 3, 2016, 9:53 PM

either.

Surely you're not an "ergo propter hoc" 'er

no,

Mar 3, 2016, 9:59 PM

and what has allowed for this incredible population growth, and should it be seen as a coincidence that we have seen historically unprecedented warming of the planet during this time?

was there a huge population spurt when the earth warmed...

Mar 3, 2016, 10:07 PM

dramatically last time?

Re: was there a huge population spurt when the earth warmed...

Mar 3, 2016, 10:23 PM

in the last 160k years, it has not warmed to this extent over a 50 year period.

weren't all of the major ice ages earlier than 160k yrs?***

Mar 3, 2016, 10:28 PM

Re: weren't all of the major ice ages earlier than 160k yrs?***

Mar 3, 2016, 10:33 PM

the last one technically ended 11 thousand years ago and took hundreds of thousands of years to transition out of.

and global averages have never shifted at the rate they are now, we are only 150 years into industrialization. I doubt it is a coincidence that this has occurred at the exact same time as unprecedented population growth due to the burning of fossil fuels.

I believe you may not understand what...

Mar 4, 2016, 2:24 PM

you're talking about (this sounds like our discussion on wind energy in the past).

The last ice age was about 300 million yrs ago. The current one (Quaternary) started about 2.6 million yrs ago.

I think you're confusing the scientific definition of "ice age" with the last "glaciation period", which many incorrectly refer to as "the ice age".

Point is that, statistically, we don't have enough information over the entire age of Earth to say this is the fastest rise in surface temps...we simply don't.

What we do know is that the acceleration in recorded

Mar 4, 2016, 2:57 PM

history is unprecedented. Who give's a rat's whatever about "the entire age of Earth"?

Re: What we do know is that the acceleration in recorded

Mar 4, 2016, 3:09 PM

I don't give a rat's ### about people who think the earth is young. ;)

What we do know so far... Link:

Mar 4, 2016, 3:19 PM

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/first-pictorial-representation-gobekli-tepe-found-003862

Re: What we do know so far... Link:

Mar 4, 2016, 3:28 PM

That can't be right. The earth is only 6,000 years old ;)

... "but according to Ancient Astronaut Theorists"... ;~)***

Mar 4, 2016, 3:39 PM

it's called statistical perspective...

Mar 4, 2016, 4:00 PM [ in reply to What we do know is that the acceleration in recorded ]

Which is more impressive?

fastest 40 yd dash in the last 5 weeks

fastest 40 yd dash in the last 6 months

fastest 40 yd dash ever

I'm going to go with current affairs... NOAA and NASA. Link:

Mar 4, 2016, 4:19 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/20/us/noaa-2015-warmest-year/

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

Had one 41,000 years ago..

Mar 3, 2016, 10:37 PM [ in reply to weren't all of the major ice ages earlier than 160k yrs?*** ]

But, you aren't going to get these morons to believe NASA research. Believed to have taken only 250-440 years to complete 'the cycle.'

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Sourced from Gallup polling data surveying at least

Mar 3, 2016, 9:48 PM [ in reply to you sure about that? based on a sample size of what?.... ]

6,000 Americans.

Re: Sourced from Gallup polling data surveying at least

Mar 3, 2016, 9:53 PM

yeah, I've seen that poll...

Mar 3, 2016, 9:58 PM

many have suggested...and I agree...that the question on evolution is flawed. It's flawed because many believe God created man and don't believe in evolution. If they believe that, but don't believe it happened within 10,000yrs, which answer do they give?

In other words, that figure speaks more to creationism than to specific timing.

OK, so then some of them think the planet is a bit older

Mar 3, 2016, 10:00 PM

but still don't believe in evolution. Equally troubling.

I also included an 'and/or ' in my original post.

----------
The climate change poll doesn't bring human involvement into the question, just simply 'is it happening right now?' 59% said no. 41% also said it will never happen.

Curious...do you think people who believe in creationism....

Mar 3, 2016, 10:04 PM

are stupid?

Specifically, many people believe in the idea of "microevolution" (changes within a species), but not in "macro evolution" (changes above the species level)...are they stupid?

I wouldn't call them intellectual.***

Mar 3, 2016, 10:06 PM

that's fine...I would agree with you....

Mar 3, 2016, 10:08 PM

but then we'd both be wrong :)

So are your beliefs that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old

Mar 3, 2016, 10:12 PM

and macroevolution doesn't exist, but microevolution does? Also that climate change is happening but is not caused by increased greenhouse gas emissions from man?

For the sake of discussion...yes...

Mar 3, 2016, 10:17 PM

specifically, I believe current warming trends are more a result of natural changes than they are of man-made causes.

So you must believe that the earth is only 6,000 years old

Mar 3, 2016, 10:43 PM

too. ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

for sake of discussion...

Mar 3, 2016, 11:08 PM [ in reply to For the sake of discussion...yes... ]

what is the natural reason for climate change currently occurring outside man's involvement?

Re: yeah, I've seen that poll...

Mar 4, 2016, 7:55 AM [ in reply to yeah, I've seen that poll... ]

We've discussed that poll on here just a few months ago.

That number drops significantly when questions are more in-depth.

Very few people actually believe the earth is young.

which poll are you referring to?***

Mar 3, 2016, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Sourced from Gallup polling data surveying at least ]

Of course it's ludicrous.***

Mar 3, 2016, 10:39 PM [ in reply to To lump those who believe the earth is 6000 yrs old... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

What do you believe, Little One, that causes

Mar 3, 2016, 10:31 PM

Global Warming?

-Doc

Your mom's ######.***

Mar 3, 2016, 10:35 PM

Intelligent...She's dead, two decades

Mar 3, 2016, 10:41 PM

I didn't think you'd know what causes it. And it happens over and over. Long before there were cars and 3 billion people farting. But, you like to swallow that palaver from Al Gore, et. al.

-Doc

The dead mother line. Classic.***

Mar 3, 2016, 10:42 PM

Re: The dead mother line. Classic.***

Mar 3, 2016, 10:44 PM

careful, you are building an argument for abstinence, and that would be a ###### world to live in

You haven't stayed on topic.

Mar 3, 2016, 10:46 PM [ in reply to The dead mother line. Classic.*** ]

Shows that you have belief but no justification. I do and global warming is just a fraction of the things caused by the one thing that initiates it all...

Do you know what it is, Junior?

-PhD

I'm not going to respond to your question because you're

Mar 3, 2016, 10:48 PM

just trolling as usual. You never add anything worthwhile to the discussion.

I'm still waiting for an answer to where Tesla got his doctorate and whether or not you endorse his views on eugenics.

Gutless wonder with beliefs that are baseless

Mar 3, 2016, 10:50 PM

2 Rounds..white flag from Robert.

You're too easy..

-DNT

I've responded to others, just not you.***

Mar 3, 2016, 10:51 PM

Re: You haven't stayed on topic.***

Mar 3, 2016, 10:49 PM [ in reply to You haven't stayed on topic. ]

But we know why those other changes occured

Mar 3, 2016, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Intelligent...She's dead, two decades ]

and ruled out the variables that caused them (sun,volcanoes,etc) which has only left us with rising C02 levels caused by man.

Wrong, not a damnthing to do with it

Mar 4, 2016, 3:24 PM

Only idiots think it's man made.

-Doc

Re: Wrong, not a damnthing to do with it

Mar 4, 2016, 3:26 PM

Bull butter.

^^^ Well versed in "idiocy" ^^^***

Mar 4, 2016, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Wrong, not a damnthing to do with it ]

Fer damnsure

Mar 4, 2016, 3:43 PM

-Nikoli

Re: Fer damnsure

Mar 4, 2016, 4:17 PM

Since you didn't answer the easy question, I assume that yes you believe natural forest fires contribute to climate change. But, are too dumb to think man made forest fires don't do the same.

;)

You too much of an idiot.

Mar 6, 2016, 5:23 PM

You got a truthful answer to your direct question. Just because you didn't like the answer because it isn't in line with your #### head beliefs, doesn't mean you have the right to get an answer to another question.

Keep inventing reality in your head. It'll keep you from getting fit for a tight white, sleeveless coat.

-Doc

Re: You too much of an idiot.

Mar 7, 2016, 11:09 AM

"You too much of an idiot?"

It should say, you're too much of an idiot.

He's simply not worth the time...***

Mar 7, 2016, 11:12 AM

Re: Wrong, not a damnthing to do with it

Mar 4, 2016, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Wrong, not a damnthing to do with it ]

Question. Do you believe natural forest fires contribute to climate change?

There's NOTHING man can do or not do

Mar 4, 2016, 3:42 PM

That can stop this which causes in addition to global warming, swamps to become deserts and vice versa.

Can you F'n read? I stated this THREE times.

Watch your NASA channel instead of those homophobic-driven reality shows.
-DNT

Re: There's NOTHING man can do or not do

Mar 4, 2016, 3:44 PM

I can read. I can read well enough that I have a degree in Physics, with a concentration in meteorology.

I haven't read a few books and websites and think I'm some expert.

I'm no climatologist but I can see results of climate change.

Yea, or maybe just talk to granddad... I'm old enough to

Mar 4, 2016, 3:48 PM

have seen the changes personally. Nobody is going to convince me otherwise. How much is caused by humans may be up for debate... That it's happening ISN'T....

Re: Yea, or maybe just talk to granddad... I'm old enough to

Mar 4, 2016, 4:11 PM

Exactly

Three if these events occurred in the last 2.2M years

Mar 4, 2016, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Wrong, not a damnthing to do with it ]

With all three lasting each only a few years.

Weren't no 3 billion humans and their farts and farting cars, moron....

-PhD

So 4.4 billion humans don't fart...? Interdasting...***

Has anyone drawn brain fluid from you, or

Mar 4, 2016, 6:13 PM

are they too afraid of the pressure behind its density?

-Doc

Re: So 4.4 billion humans don't fart...? Interdasting...***

Mar 4, 2016, 6:24 PM [ in reply to So 4.4 billion humans don't fart...? Interdasting...*** ]

I'm now convinced that the dr is nothing more than a troll.

I really can't believe there are still people that deny this

Mar 7, 2016, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Wrong, not a damnthing to do with it ]

The data has proven conclusively that man has had an extremely significant impact on climate change. I understand that there are many Americans that have lower than a high school education level that buy the denial nonsense, but anyone that's taken even a 100 level science course cannot possibly deny man made climate change without denying the scientific method.

The fact that people that deny a scientific fact that has been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt because of their political beliefs and bias have a vote that counts the same as mine that absolutely scares the crap out of me.

Tramp's 35% and then it depends on who is backing their

Mar 8, 2016, 6:43 AM

SuperPac...

I find it humorous that in one post...

Mar 8, 2016, 8:43 AM [ in reply to I really can't believe there are still people that deny this ]

you cite 100 level science course and the Scientific Method, and then use the term "Scientific Fact that has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt".

Kudos to you sir!!

If you're an intellectual conservative

Mar 4, 2016, 10:02 AM

You would be stuck now supporting Carson or Cruz. The rest are either not very conservative (malleable by the establishment), or they're Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To say that Kasich or Rubio are not conservative...

Mar 4, 2016, 2:44 PM

is kind of crazy in my opinion.

I still can't comprehend how anyone can look at Kasich's record and not think him to be conservative.

2-words....BALANCED BUDGET. Isn't the current federal budgetary issue the BIG issue of our day in terms of conservativism?

Mar 4, 2016, 10:15 AM

I would expect Billary to get your vote if two of your biggest concerns are Global Warming and the age of the Earth (or religion).

To be fair- If I told you that two of my biggest concerns are the economy and keeping this country safe, who do you think is getting my vote?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm actually curious, who would be getting your vote?***

Mar 4, 2016, 10:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

The candidate

Mar 4, 2016, 10:21 AM

not named Hillary

Mar 4, 2016, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I detest Hillary, but find it next to impossible ]

Climate change concerns me as well, but it isn't a top issue. I don't really give a rat's ### who believes the earth is young.

The economy is #1 for me.

It's not that it's my biggest concern, but education is near

Mar 4, 2016, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I detest Hillary, but find it next to impossible ]

the top of my list.

Re: It's not that it's my biggest concern, but education is near

Mar 4, 2016, 3:25 PM

I'm thinking it's mainly older people and conspiracy people who are steadfast against climate change.

The numbers of people believing will improve.

I sure hope so. I think a big problem we've had in this

Mar 4, 2016, 3:28 PM

country that is exacerbated by the media is the thought that both sides of each issue deserve equal weight in a discussion.

Re: I sure hope so. I think a big problem we've had in this

Mar 4, 2016, 3:34 PM

I have no problem hearing both sides of an issue.

Otherwise we run into media pushing their belief on us. And that happens even in local media, I was apart of it for 12+ years.

If 95+% of the scientific community is in agreement on an

Mar 4, 2016, 3:38 PM

issue, yet everytime you have a debate on it you bring in one person from each side, it can be problematic.

From recent polling, a significant percentage of Trump voters in SC believed whites were superior to other races. We shouldn't have a debate on this with a representative from each side and act like both positions are equally valid.

Re: If 95+% of the scientific community is in agreement on an

Mar 4, 2016, 3:41 PM

I can see your point there. There are some issues that should be settled. But, I meant in general I'm against hearing only one side.

Agreed. Climate change deniers typically will say they are

Mar 4, 2016, 3:43 PM

climate change skeptics. This doesn't hold much weight since skepticism is at the base of the scientific method.

But the politicization of certain scientific fields corrupts

healthy skepticism and can lead to group-think.

Re: But the politicization of certain scientific fields corrupts

Mar 7, 2016, 9:44 PM

Group-think among the general populace yes, but any legitimate scientist conducting independent research has to go along with what the data shows otherwise their work will get debunked by the rest of the scientific community that validates their conclusion when an article is in a scientific journal.

Literally every element of scientific knowledge we now have

Mar 4, 2016, 3:43 PM [ in reply to If 95+% of the scientific community is in agreement on an ]

at one point overturned what 95%+ of scientists thought at an earlier point.

That's not true at all.

Mar 7, 2016, 9:53 PM

We know that the acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s^2. This calculation didn't involve discrediting a prior consensus among 95 percent of the scientific community.

In fact, the entire field of rectilinear kinematics is self-evident to an extent. The discovery of the exact formulas, relationships, and constants weren't very different that what was already logically believed through observation.

That's just one very specific area where your statement doesn't hold true.

Your statement isn't true for the field of thermodynamics either.

It's not even true for a previously mysterious force like electromagnetism because before Maxwell formulated his famous equations, there was absolutely zero consensus about the specific nature of electricity and magnetism.

The list of examples is virtually limitless. There are actually very few instances where your statement would hold true, and I'm actually not sure of any specific examples.

If the press discredits one side with truth then they don't

Mar 4, 2016, 4:10 PM [ in reply to If 95+% of the scientific community is in agreement on an ]

get an argument that boosts ratings.

if the economy is your primary concern, there is no way you

Mar 4, 2016, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I detest Hillary, but find it next to impossible ]

should vote for a Republican. Supply side, trickle down economics has been proven a farce over the last 30 years. We have ample evidence over the last 8 years alone.

Thanks to Clemson University for helping educate me on economics so that I could see through the quackery.

'Tinkle on' economics is about 1%er consolidation... Even

Mar 7, 2016, 10:38 AM

the Clinton Clan has been bought... Slick Willie and Larry Summers helped push through the repeal of Glass-Steagall. The claim of 'centrist' is far from being anywhere near the true center...thus the super-pac backing of Billary that she prefers to disavow. If there's not some sort of populist revolution, this country will be on course for a destruction of the middle class... and, this time, a true Depression.

Well the good news about denying global warming is that....

Mar 4, 2016, 2:33 PM

there isn't anything anyone can do about it now anyway.

Only nature can save itself by killing a bunch of us off. It's super good at that.

I know. The choices will suck in November.

Mar 6, 2016, 7:51 PM

For the second time in two election cycles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 160
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic