Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nuk headline
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Nuk headline

Oct 26, 2020, 1:13 PM

Not condoning what he did and his comments and behavior since he left CU have been off-putting for sure....BUT.....has anyone asked him of his side of the story? Was he provoked? IDK it just seems odd he would just randomly flip someone the bird. Maybe he would IDK...but I just know there are two sides to the story....

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How the heck did he go from getting dunked

Oct 26, 2020, 1:22 PM

by Perry freakin Noble in the middle of the practice field to this? lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How the heck did he go from getting dunked

Oct 26, 2020, 1:26 PM

I know, weird right!

He's got to be the first Christian in history to have a lapse in judgement and give a group of people the finger.

I can't believe this is the story everybody is stuck on instead of him being the leading pass catcher in the NFL at the moment and his team getting a huge upset on Sunday Night Football.

I guess once everybody stopped watching the NFL, their only connection to our former players is reading tabloid headlines.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 1:35 PM
this.jpg(83.6 K)

oh yeah, THIS - well said

Maybe because being the best football player he can be

Oct 26, 2020, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: How the heck did he go from getting dunked ]

is his job. You know, the one he gets paid many millions of dollars to do.

Being a class A jerk isn't his job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Maybe because being the best football player he can be

Oct 26, 2020, 1:50 PM

Have you ever met Nuk? Had a conversation with him?

Do you have any context to this story that's been running today?

Have you ever seen his teammates interact with him?

What is your evidence of him being such a jerk besides him saying Daniel HS in intros and a few comments about his time at Clemson not being perfect?

Oct 26, 2020, 2:00 PM

I can't blame the guy for being a little salty. He came in his freshman year and made a good name for himself then became 2nd fiddle once Sammy got on campus. I remember him catching a lot of flack from the fan base when he decided to go pro early...a lot of "think of what you could do for US"

Oct 26, 2020, 2:05 PM

I think more of his frustration related to being in Watkins' shadow came when Sammy had a fairly down sophomore year and Nuk carried the receiving corpas a junior.

All the questions still revolved around "what was wrong with Sammy" and "was Sammy healthy" instead of the major headlines being about Nuk's dominance on the field.

Him being upset was not just fans wanting him to stay for selfish reasons but he said Dabo tried to talk him into staying and told him that he thought he could be a sure 1st rounder with one more year in the program.

Nuk thought he was already a 1st rounder and was mad that anybody would suggest different. Turns out he was a 1st rounder and he resented the doubt for a while.

Oct 26, 2020, 10:36 PM

Well, I’ve heard stories of Dabo telling players to stay or go and I’ve never noticed any of them resenting his advice publicly. I don’t feel sorry for him that he didn’t like the advice. His to leave which he did so, there. Everyone is great., right??? Weird.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't blame him for going pro early.

Oct 26, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe because being the best football player he can be ]

It's obviously worked out well for him.

But it seemed silly that he complained about not getting the ball enough at Clemson, considering the fact that he left Clemson as our all-time leader in receiving yards and touchdown receptions.

Sammy was a better college receiver in my opinion. Nuk was great, but Sammy was on another level.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Well, there's a lot of evidence based on his public actions.

Oct 26, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe because being the best football player he can be ]

Several things call his character into question:

-Complaining that he wasn't treated fairly by multiple coaches (Dabo in college, and O'Brien in Houston)
-Calling Clemson University racist, with an oppressive environment, for having names like Tillman Hall and Calhoun Honors College
-Having a significant number of missed practices with the Texans for non-injury reasons
-Threatening to hold out if the Texans didn't give him the contract he demanded

I don't doubt that he is nice most of the time, but that doesn't mean that he can't also be a jerk. We obviously don't know the details of this latest news story. Honestly though, does it matter? He's a well paid professional athlete, which means he's a role model whether he likes it or not. He's also a Christian, which means that he should hold himself to a higher standard.

Based on what I've seen, Nuk has a lot of growing up to do. I hope these situations are a departure from his normally polite and respectful personality, and not how he normally treats people who he disagrees with.

Re: Well, there's a lot of evidence based on his public actions.

Oct 26, 2020, 2:16 PM

I just addressed his thoughts on Dabo and his reasoning in the post above. Based on comments since then about Dabo and the program I think those feelings are long gone.

Bill O'Brien is an idiot. Nuk got off of the sinking ship by creating a wall between himself and his coach the aforementioned "idiot".

Nuk was not the only person making those statements, but he was the most notable. I hate that he felt that way if he did, but I'm not sure that it makes him a jerk to join in with tons of people who were clamoring for the names to be removed from campus.

If the reasons for missed practices were not stated and did not negatively affect his relationship with his teammates then it is wrong to determine that he was out of line.

Athletes hold out all the time. Nuk should not be vilified for the same behavior. Maybe Dak Prescott should have held out instead of accepting the franchise tag. Nuk either wanted to get paid a ton of money to put up with O'Brien's garbage or he wanted out of town. He ended up getting the money and the plane ticket after negotiating his own contract with the Cardinals.

Being a professional athlete does not make giving someone the finger any different than you or I doing it. It's wrong either way, but not a major deal. If he does it on the field, that's a different story.

What frustrates me is everyone on the board making Nuk the easy target for things that are changing that they don't like. He is outspoken and has said some negative stuff regarding Clemson and now everybody makes him out to be an absolutely terrible person.

I will stand by my statement that if his teammates love him, he must be doing what he needs to do on a regular basis. Dabo also speaks highly of him whenever he is mentioned, which means any issues there have been put to bed as well.

Remember when Nuk tweeted this?

Oct 26, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Well, there's a lot of evidence based on his public actions. ]

https://twitter.com/DeAndreHopkins/status/1270760134591954944

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 26, 2020, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Well, there's a lot of evidence based on his public actions. ]

NUK just bragging about his IQ. a fella that gets into Clemson with the NCAA Clearing House Rules not like regular students , gets free schooling while playing football,goes pro makes millions but will not acknowledgement Clemson because names of buildings while high school name ok but in same category, then comes back and tells us how much names on buildings upset him after hes making millions so we change them,so no surprise here toward Trump supporters just another DEM complaining and trying to tell people what they should do

Oct 26, 2020, 2:45 PM

And by the way since dabo and team want equality dabo is gonna talk to the NCAA about abolishing the NCAA Clearing House Rules right, so everyone has equality getting into Clemson.Look up the rules and see for yourself but of course only full athletic scholarship offers can use these rules while cross country ,tennis etc use academic scholarships. These rules are normally reserved for football and basketball so no equality in athletic dept. either.

Oct 26, 2020, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, there's a lot of evidence based on his public actions. ]

Get off my lawn!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to where he said he wasn't treated fairly by Dabo?

Oct 26, 2020, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Well, there's a lot of evidence based on his public actions. ]

I hadn't heard that before.

Re: Link to where he said he wasn't treated fairly by Dabo?

Oct 26, 2020, 3:17 PM

Scroll up and see what he tweeted about Dabo.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Honestly i couldn't give a rip whether or not Nuk is

Oct 26, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: How the heck did he go from getting dunked ]

flipping off some randos. This only a story because of politics.

Oct 26, 2020, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: How the heck did he go from getting dunked ]

"He's got to be the first Christian in history to have a lapse in judgement and give a group of people the finger."

Now that's funny. Thanks for the laugh.

I've absolutely stopped watching NFL for these exact reasons

Oct 27, 2020, 3:24 AM [ in reply to Re: How the heck did he go from getting dunked ]

How's the saying go? You can take the boy out the trailer but not the trailer out the boy? Beverly Hillbillies? Anyone? Can we substitute "hood" for "trailer"? Or will I be called a racist? Aww, shucks, who cares.

I've been saving lives for 10 years in my profession and he gets paid to play a game. Wanna guess who makes more money? I can't even compute the fraction of what my salary is compared to his.

Trump is the polar opposite of what the Bible teaches...

Oct 26, 2020, 9:05 PM [ in reply to How the heck did he go from getting dunked ]

Maybe that’s part of it.

Re: Nuk headline

Oct 26, 2020, 1:33 PM

This was my question as well. I've honestly only seen the photo and the headline that he was flipping off some Trump supporters, so maybe there's more to the story that provides evidence of this. However, if there isn't more to it then why are we all taking this story at face value? He could've been flipping off a car full of hood wearing KKK members for all we know based off of the photo. Or he could have been returning the favor of someone in the other car who flipped him the bird first. Honestly, he would still be guilty of allowing random people to get that sort of response out of him, but it wouldn't simply be him targeting people due to the political beliefs.

If imma driving to work to collect my 2 MILLION $$ paycheck

Oct 26, 2020, 1:44 PM

for that week’s work, in a convertible Ferrari - and somebody flips me off . . . . I'm laughing my head off . . . seriously to the point of tears.

NOT reciprocating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Oct 26, 2020, 2:03 PM

Everyone knew exactly what DeAndre Hopkins was/ is before this incident. Nothings changed

Oct 26, 2020, 2:17 PM

And how do you know all that 2003 ? Where is your evidence to that ?

For all we know, Nuk could have been waving at Bill O'Brien.

Oct 26, 2020, 3:46 PM

:)

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic