Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How good will Texas A&M be?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

How good will Texas A&M be?

Apr 15, 2018, 8:25 PM

Seems like there a great unknown. Does anyone know how good they will be this year. And I wonder how long it take for Dabo to bench KB for TL. If KB can’t move the ball. I don’t know how good Texas A&M will be but I think it will be a tough game. Being at college station

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whale...it doesn’t matter..

Apr 15, 2018, 8:39 PM

They will not score on our D

Re: Whale...it doesn’t matter..

Apr 15, 2018, 8:55 PM

If KB can't get a first down, they will score and score often.

Dirtpecker alert!

Apr 15, 2018, 9:18 PM

Tell em, coot!

Jimbo recruited at FSU off FSU's reputation.

Apr 15, 2018, 8:45 PM

As soon as it becomes obvious to Dabo that TL is better than KB. I'm thinking yesterday.

AnM will be close whether they are good enough to play with Clemson or not. Dabo isn't going to run over a team so early in the year. It sends the wrong message to the players. There's too much work to do to have them up in the air that time of year.

When Dabo first came here he struggled to manage the team's emotions. Tajh was a major contributor to that problem. Those days should about be over now. If we run the score up on AnM it won't be Dabo running up the score it will be because they are in a rebuilding year and they suck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How good will Texas A&M be?

Apr 15, 2018, 8:53 PM

You’re right, can’t believe someone would td that post. Don’t think for a minute it won’t be a tough game., they’ve recruited pretty good and jumbo will have them ready.

Not like atm is coming in to the game not knowing Clemson. A tough venue to play in and it’s not like they were stinking it up.

I anticipate every bit as tough a game as awburn last yr.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they will win 7-8 games.

Apr 15, 2018, 8:54 PM

9 if the ball bounces their way. They won’t challenge us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I think they will win 7-8 games.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:06 PM

Oh, they can more than challenge us. We go out there with the tude it’s an easy game we’ll lose. We all thought Troy wasn’t a good team and look what almost happened. NC state ot game. BC game last year as well as others that were way too close.

We’ll have the D. Depends on what Offense we take out there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think they will win 7-8 games.

Apr 16, 2018, 12:48 AM

What you say is true, but you refer to Troy, BC, NC State, etc as examples of games when we weren't necessarily there mentally as a team. I think playing at home against a team like Troy is a much bigger "trap" game than going to an SEC West team like Texas A&M, where I believe the team will play in front of the largest crowd in program history. Kyle Field now holds over 102,000 fans. If we walk into Kyle Field with a "ho hum" attitude and lose as a result, our entire coaching staff, including Dabo & Venables, would deserve to be fired.

There's no doubt A&M is one of the biggest games on our schedule next year, so there's zero chance our team walks into Kyle Field sleepwalking.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:06 PM

Very good!

Their major loss is their best playmaker Christian Kirk, but they have almost everyone else back, plus the game is in College Station, which is a tough place to play.

The question is how quickly they adapt to a new coaching staff and offensive and defensive philosophy. Hopefully they'll still be working out the kinks in the second game.

They'll win 8-10 games, I think.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

About as good as South Carolina***

Apr 15, 2018, 9:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About as good as South Carolina***

Apr 15, 2018, 9:31 PM

LOL @ your user photo . I hadn't noticed it before . good Juan .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I've seen that same grin on Spurrier.....***

Apr 16, 2018, 12:08 AM

Re: About as good as South Carolina***

Apr 15, 2018, 9:57 PM [ in reply to About as good as South Carolina*** ]

They bet usc last year and have alot more returning starters coming back. The questions will be adapting to new coaches and philosophies.

I'm glad we get them early.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

They have more talent than $CU...

Apr 15, 2018, 11:58 PM [ in reply to About as good as South Carolina*** ]

and they'll be better coached.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:18 PM

Expectations among my aggie friends are very high after all the money they spent to get Jimbo.... They believe their offense will be good with 8 starters returning.... The key for them is how much will the defense improve with same number returning and a new D coordinator (Elko from Notre Dame.... They paid 1.8 mil per year for him).... It will be very hot and humid no matter what game time is, and they think that will be in their favor.... Of course, they smile and say they don't stand a chance against "the second best team in the country...." I don't think they have the right personnel, yet.... but they are off to a good start with the coaching change....

Apr 15, 2018, 9:52 PM

Thank you for speaking some truth around here. And for responding with an intelligent response and discussion.

Apr 16, 2018, 12:06 AM

We are really good on the road....

Apr 16, 2018, 12:06 AM

We are really good on the road....

Fighting Jimbos will be - by far - the best team we face next year***

Apr 16, 2018, 5:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about this year??***

Apr 16, 2018, 6:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 9:50 AM

They are an 8-4 9-3 team but have a sever lack of depth at skill positions

About as good as they are every other year.

Apr 16, 2018, 9:53 AM

Good enough to lose to wake forest.

Apr 16, 2018, 10:30 AM

The problem with Jimbo’s offense is that the routes are slow developing and put a premium on pass protection. This strategy has plagued him for the past several years with his o-line. Frenchy took a beating against every team with a good pass rush. If the o-linemen at A&M are not an upgrade from his FSU teams of late, then he will have problems getting time for his QB.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic