Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do we justify raises at this point?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

How do we justify raises at this point?

Feb 5, 2021, 12:08 PM

Here are our number of wins over the past 3 years:

2018 - 15

2019 - 14

2020 - 10 [note: 29% decrease from 2019]

Given this disturbing trend, and the fact that each SEC team is bringing in $13M more per year than each ACC team, how do we justify giving large raises to our football coaches?

This doesn't seem to make good financial sense -- unless maybe NewSpring is covering the shortfall?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

You tell em coot.

Feb 5, 2021, 12:13 PM

SMH audibly

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: You tell em coot

Feb 5, 2021, 5:08 PM

The ‘audibly’ part wasn’t necessary. With the new audible version of tnet, most of us heard you’re head rattling when you shooked it.

hth?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

There's something going on behind the scenes

Feb 5, 2021, 12:16 PM

and I suspect it has something to do with the underground tunnel from NewSpring to the football complex.

Also, looking forward, our projected starting QB is only .500 as a starter... just like our win totals the past 3 years, we can only hope these are trends that won't continue, but it has yet to be seen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Brave Attempt

Feb 5, 2021, 12:18 PM

at sarcasm or the beginning of a downward pulse spiral? Good luck.

Re: A Brave Attempt

Feb 5, 2021, 12:19 PM

TNET doesn't have the manpower to send Bob's pulse in a downward spiral.

I just contacted the mods, he will be losing all of his

Feb 5, 2021, 12:19 PM [ in reply to A Brave Attempt ]

points soon.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I just contacted the mods, he will be losing all of his

Feb 5, 2021, 12:24 PM

He will probably find them soon after he loses them.

If his points are anything like my truck keys, they will be sitting right where he left them.

Oddly enough, they are not always in the last place I look because I enjoy the chase.

Re: A Brave Attempt

Feb 5, 2021, 12:26 PM [ in reply to A Brave Attempt ]

Maybe cycling out?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: How do we justify raises at this point?

Feb 5, 2021, 12:22 PM

On the other hand, the coaches probably saved the program a good bit of money on 10 extra days of COVID testing and protocols along with the expenses from a trip to Miami.

It's likely a push and the school wanted to reward the coaches for helping balance the budget.

It was either lose on January 1st or the 11th.

In true COVID-times trend, we took the financially responsible route.

Hopefully we can cut

Feb 5, 2021, 12:25 PM

XC & TandF a second time to make up some of the difference ? ? ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Feb 5, 2021, 12:36 PM

I get that this is sarcasm, but in all seriousness how can college football sustain 15-20% raises on salaries and renegotiating every year. This isn’t intended as a slight at Clemson. We are one of the best teams so our coaches should be the top paid. However, at this rate in 10 years the top head coaches will be making $10 million a year and the top assistants $5 million. Less than 10 years ago the first assistants were crossing the $1 million salary and they are now more than double that. At what point does it burst?

Feb 5, 2021, 12:43 PM

We now have New Spring satellite churches so money is not a problem. Have one located in Columbia so the coots can actually see what is going on. But then again, I doubt many are church goers . That is based on their behavior at football games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2021, 12:54 PM

The coaches took a cut in 2020 and I'll bet there is a reduction if season is shortened in 2021 in the new contracts. Plus Dabo wanted to keep TE and others were calling.

Feb 5, 2021, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: How do we justify raises at this point? ]

With the addition of salaries for the 10 on the field coaches, college football has added a core of individuals who support the 10 coaches. Those individuals salaries are fairly high. If you run a search of South Carolina state employees over $50,000 a year, you will find a good number of the support staff in that category. I don’t think it can be sustained without wealthy donors. We have a good staff and I’m grateful for how Coach Swinney runs our program, but it is clear that no one is watching spending. No one will say no.

Got a Clemson update saying fundraising tripled since 2013

Feb 5, 2021, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: How do we justify raises at this point? ]

I think they’re staying ahead of those pay raises.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Got a Clemson update saying fundraising tripled since 2013

Feb 5, 2021, 9:27 PM

Good to know that. Thanks.

Re: How do we justify raises at this point? w sell fewer tix

Feb 5, 2021, 12:52 PM

so I think we hope to make up for it in volume. HTH?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2021, 1:39 PM

Keep in mind those with the raises are gubbermint employees

They get raises when they provide lower results.

If they were politicians, they would get paid more NOT to coach like they do in Columbia.

Feb 5, 2021, 7:08 PM

Just for info the large portion of our coaches salary comes from athletic department iptay money not state or college funds. If you got good coaches you either pay up so they stay or you lose them

Feb 5, 2021, 3:30 PM

Tony Elliott's raise was easy to justify...... Dabo just took it out of Danny Pearman's check and added it to Tony's...... so no increase in total coaching salary.

Feb 5, 2021, 10:43 PM

IMO with all the obstacles Dabo and his staff had to overcome a lot, much caused from Covid. I think this is one of the best coaching jobs by Clemson’s staff with so may unknowns this year. I think the pay increases are well deserved. DRad is making a great investment in retaining TE and the other coaches.

Clemson Athletics was hit hard with injuries and Covid this season. I am proud of the way the Coaching Staff’s and the Player’s handled this season and the success they were able to have based on all of the obstacles they had to overcome.

Congrats to the Basketball team for a big Win over NC. Brad Brownell has done a good job based on the hoops he has had to clear. Let’s give him our support.

As far as the money shortage Bob can just write a check to make up the difference. Lol ?? if I wrote such a large check it would bounce and bounce and bounce and bounce. ??

Seriously though if each Clemson Alumni or Fan who does not contribute to Clemson Athletics could do so this year which would really help the AD rebound from Covid 2020. I pledge to make a contribution to the Clemson’s AD and to Winthrop University. I am not posting this for bragging rights for donating money. It’s a challenge to all Clemson Tiger fans who normally do not donate to do so this year. They really need the extra money this year.

All though I am not a Clemson Alumni my daughter is, Class 2015. Since I was a kid I have been a big time Clemson fan. I love Clemson as much as anyone.

Let’s show the coots what The Clemson Family can accomplish! ??????

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What would you know about raising?***

Feb 5, 2021, 11:07 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is probably the last post of yours I'll ever have to...

Feb 5, 2021, 11:16 PM

read. Thanks for making this decision an easy one for the mods.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It’s through the drug money

Feb 5, 2021, 11:51 PM

They are funneling in from Tijuana. It’s going be ok. Te lo prometo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic