Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tennessee fans have zero respect for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Tennessee fans have zero respect for Clemson

Jun 18, 2016, 11:34 AM

The fan base is in denial...

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/228702-17-tn-ath-tee-higgins-former-ut-commit-8-24-15-a-168.html

Very cocky for team that has been irrelevant on the national scene and has sanctions coming down the road most likely. They speak poorly our our past, present and future. Pathetic group.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Re: Tennessee fans have zero respect for Clemson

Jun 18, 2016, 11:45 AM

I lived in Nashville for a few years and most UT fans are almost(not quite but almost)as trashy and delusional as the idiot, white-trash loser coots. In my admitted recruiting ignorance I have nothing factual to base this opinion on but in reading several articles he's going to UT and seems to be "playing" with our coaches. We'll be just fine reqrdless of the outcome. If he does ho to UT Big Daddy Red-face Butch won't be there long....Title IX investigation is looming.....can't wait to see them fall!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2016, 11:52 AM

They have won one national championship in the last 50 years. They are right that kids these days don't care about their 4 national titles prior to 1951, nor should they. Remember the last time Clemson played Tennessee? I do. Clausen does.

We're in our prime right now and UT hasn't had a good run since the late 90s.

Ha..lived that TN beatdown in Chick Bowl since their fans leaving

Jun 18, 2016, 11:58 AM

After game were upset..especially when we yelled T I G In Cadence Count time after time..

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oops..Busted iPhone cover & trigger finger sent it out too soon

Jun 18, 2016, 12:00 PM

But meant: C L E M in Cadence Count...and sadly we shouted out some ACC chants!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing they have over us is the SEC

Jun 18, 2016, 12:04 PM

We beat them in academics, tradition, recent success, campus, developing NFL talent, atmosphere. One of their posters said they beat us on resources, but I'm pretty sure IPTAY is the #1 donor program in the country. The only thing bringing in money there is the SEC network and Bama.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: The only thing they have over us is the SEC

Jun 18, 2016, 12:10 PM

How is having an SEC affiliation percieved as being superior to Clemson .
The Coots are in the SEC . Get my point ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Are you saying Vandy isn't a football powerhouse?

Jun 18, 2016, 12:12 PM

If so, what about Kentucky????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not what I said at all. The conference as a whole is better than ours.

Jun 18, 2016, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: The only thing they have over us is the SEC ]

But that doesn't make UTjr even close to being as good as Clemson.

Re: Not what I said at all. The conference as a whole is better than ours.

Jun 21, 2016, 7:48 PM

Tennesee plays in the worst division of all the power 5. Their division champion, Florida, would finish no better than 4th in the ACC Atlantic.

Right now Clemson is fire to HS kids

Jun 18, 2016, 12:11 PM [ in reply to The only thing they have over us is the SEC ]

These kids aren't old enough to remember Tennessee being good in football. They watch the NFL and see all kinds of players coming out of Clemson. Our football team wins 10+ games a year. The facilities are dope. The paw is DOPE. The purple is dolomite.

Dabo to mama: "I'm here for your son. We want to get him an education and let him grow as a person. Shucks, we put a lot of kids in the NFL but my main goal is making your kid an outstanding graduate. If he makes the pros, which a lot of our kids do, then so much the better."

Dabo to kid: "We put dudes in the NFL and we win a lot of games. See this tombstone when we pummeled Tennessee? Yeah, it would be worse if we played today"

I agree. Clemson is the hottest thing on the market.

Jun 18, 2016, 12:22 PM

And unlike Oregon, we have serious staying power.

They have a better tradition than us.

Jun 18, 2016, 1:04 PM [ in reply to The only thing they have over us is the SEC ]

Yes they have been bad recently, and we are definitely a superior program right now, but it's ignorant to think we have a better tradition than them.

Enlighten us...

Jun 18, 2016, 2:00 PM

What traditions do they have that are so much better?

Re: They have a better tradition than us.

Jun 18, 2016, 5:14 PM [ in reply to They have a better tradition than us. ]

What's ignorant is having a 40% pulse and still pretend to be a Tiger fan. Come on, not sure exactly what "better" tradition they have. They certainly take a backseat to Clemson now and has for a while.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only thing they have over us is the SEC

Jun 21, 2016, 7:43 PM [ in reply to The only thing they have over us is the SEC ]

Being In the pillowfighting The SEC-easy division is not something to be proud of. ACC Atlantic runs circles around that pathetic division.

They should have zero repect for their own program. They

Jun 18, 2016, 12:07 PM

haven't beaten Florida in 12 years and Florida has sucked lately. Even Georgia Southern can say they've done that. And yes, Florida sucked last year. Look at all the blowouts at the end of the year. How many years has it been since Tennessee has played in the SEC title game? What is Tennessee's record against the ACC in bowls. I know they've been blown out a few times recently by Clemson, Maryland, North Carolina etc.

And lets not forget the big scandal that could blow up Baylor style at any moment.

I have zero respect for Tennessee for very good reason. They have zero respect for us because they are jealous and would like to talk us down for recruiting purposes.

Jun 18, 2016, 12:07 PM

Last time I was around some UT fans King Charlie and the gang had just wiped the field with a #4 ranked Vol unit , and they were rather in disbelief of it all .
It's tough when your regarding of a thing is based on it's past performance that in no way reflects what it is at the time that you're assessment of it took place .

DB23

Why do we give a s%#@? They can barely finish above .500***

Jun 18, 2016, 12:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

they have been below .500 - 3 out of the last 5 years

Jun 18, 2016, 12:56 PM

in the last 5 years they have 31 wins and zero titles except for taxslayer bowl and a win over Northwestern in the outback bowl

in the last 5 years Clemson has 56 wins 2 ACC Championships, 3 Division Titles, 2 BCS bowl wins, 3 BCS appearances and 1 appearance in the National Championship game.

Plus we have Clemson girls and they have inbred rednecks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of these idiot fans of lesser SEC teams have convinced

Jun 18, 2016, 1:03 PM

themselves that no matter how bad they are, it's only because they play in the SEC. South Carolina would've been 9-3 in the ACC last year if you listen to their fans.

its mutual.....

Jun 18, 2016, 12:23 PM

difficult to respect anyone connected with an athletic dept. that has cheated as much as the pissorange and who continues ad infinitum

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: its mutual.....oh so amen

Jun 18, 2016, 2:56 PM

exactly my thoughts

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tennessee has been irrelevant since these recruits

Jun 18, 2016, 12:41 PM

have been alive

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2016, 12:58 PM

Tenn fans are getting close to being just like Coots.
Saying stuff like playing with the big boys in the SEC.
Except for Bama the SEC is a bunch of coat tail riders.
I can't wait for them to lose about 4 games this season.
They will be decent this year but not a big boy like Clemson is.

Well nobody has ever accused UT fans of being intelligent***

Jun 18, 2016, 1:01 PM

Jun 18, 2016, 1:26 PM

How do they think Death Valley doesn't compare to their house?? I understand every place thinks they are best but gameday says Clemson is amazing. Everybody knows we are up there with the best. Most stadiums in the southeast are hype and Clemson is at or near the top of that list.

When TN actually does something this century

Jun 18, 2016, 1:50 PM

maybe they can talk.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I remember they played for the SEC title in the early-mid

Jun 18, 2016, 2:10 PM

2000s. Also, when we beat them in the Peach Bowl in 2003 they were still considered a "powerhouse" program and ranked #6. Many UT fans believed we won that game b/c they thought they should have been awarded a New Years Day bowl or a BCS and "didn't want to be there."

Basically, firing Fulmer and hiring Lane Kiffin was the most idiotic decision in college football coaching. Following with the hire of Derek Dooley didn't help much either. Frankly, I don't see how this Butch Jones hire has led to anything either. I've never seen a fan base get so pumped up about wining 7 and 8 games in a season and then thinking a national title is a possibility. It's lunacy.

The only season this century they have had less than 3

Jun 18, 2016, 2:32 PM

losses is 2001 (11-2). Take a look at the last eight years.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/tennessee/

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Where's Tennessee Lady Tiger she'll

Jun 18, 2016, 1:51 PM

whoop some respect into their dumb azzes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Where's Tennessee Lady Tiger she'll

Jun 18, 2016, 2:25 PM

Bless their hearts...... ??

They have had a rough time ever since losing to Clemson in the Peach Bowl.

I work with mostly Vol fans......they used to tease me all the time especially after that loss to West Virginia. Now....they have little to say.....except to complain about how we are stealing the in-state talent.

That's a legitimate gripe.

Jun 18, 2016, 5:17 PM

Jay Guillermo was a back breaker for the Vols program. We don't even know how good that kid will be right now but he played a vital part in our run last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2016, 1:58 PM

I lived in Memphis when U of Memphis beat UT in Knoxville. My tennis partner wore a U of M hat with the score on it year round to tick off all UT fans.

Jun 18, 2016, 4:55 PM

I was living in Memphis that year too .
My bosswas a UT grad , and that was a grand time .

DB23

Jun 18, 2016, 2:14 PM

This sh*t is baffling to me...

Unless Lawrence heads to UT as well and aside from being a home town team, I don't know why in the h3ll he's Higgins is even considering them! They are literally a WRs last stop before the end of their playing career. They have put MINIMAL talent at that position in the league with any success. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't Jason Whitten be considered the most successful...EVER? And he's at TE. They have no other decent QB on the roster other than that last min signee 4 star out of Jersey. NCAA needs to hurry and blow the lid off of Jones and that program.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I just read a bunch of scared kids whistling past the

Jun 18, 2016, 2:16 PM

Graveyard.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

choklahoma ran their pie hole as well. We know how that

Jun 18, 2016, 3:38 PM

Turned out.

Reasons a recruit would choose UT over CU

Jun 18, 2016, 4:17 PM

1. He wants to be closer to home.
2. He wants to play two sports instead of focusing on football. Not exactly sure why Clemson doesn't seem to be open to this option. Most recently, Parker did it with baseball and Nuk did it with basketball.
3. He doesn't think he can compete with other players at his position on the roster to earn playing time early or he's fearful of a redshirt. Although, if he truly has 5-star talent, I seriously doubt he would be redshirted.
4. He simply prefers to be affiliated with a program that tolerates/condones thug behavior and whose coach doesn't hold players accountable.

Let me say this again.

Jun 18, 2016, 5:13 PM

Players need to make up their minds which sport they are planning on pursuing after college. Had Nuk continued to play BB he may not have been a first rounder.

The difference between UcheaT and Clemson, other than the obvious academic standards, is that our coaches may not entertain the delusion that a kid can handle our academics and two sports. Tennessee will promise them the moon until they get them in class but I'd say they would pressure a two sport athlete to drop BB. The main difference is the lie.

Being closer to home might be an issue. I also believe that kids raise in the city may not like the down home feel of Clemson. That could be another issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reasons a recruit would choose UT over CU

Jun 18, 2016, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Reasons a recruit would choose UT over CU ]

Actually, none of those will apply to Tee. The ones that will apply is booster pressure and Benjamin's from aforementioned boosters. Players pick colleges for different reasons. We will see where he goes, I'll let Dabo handle it, and if he IS playing Dabo, Dabo will figure it out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They talk a lot of chit online.

Jun 18, 2016, 5:00 PM

I spend a decade of the past 15 years living in Tennessee. I grew up there, for the most part, and have much family who remain there.

I was at a bar in Chattanooga called Highlands the night before that Peach Bowl we played in against the vols. Of course I was wearing a Paw cap. When someone took notice they played Rocky Top in honor of my presence. (as if anyone was intimidated by rocky top at the time, or now for that matter)

The following evening I returned to Highlands and check in with all the chit talkers there. They played rocky top again but the celebration had a different flavor.

Hey Ric...

Jun 18, 2016, 5:19 PM

No offense..
But who cares what they think.
(Tenn)

Re: Hey Ric...

Jun 18, 2016, 11:00 PM

Whooooooooooo!

I don't care what they think, but want to let the board know that we are taking their recruits from right under them and they still don't respect Clemson. Whooooooooooooooooo!

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Jun 19, 2016, 12:25 AM

When I was living in Brasil, one of my good friends was a Tennessee grad/fan, so I can confirm they're not all bozos. He & I watched a lot of each other's team & sort of became fans of one another's team since we didn't have many other Americans to watch with, so I can also say Tennessee has tons of potential and talent. They are absolutely in a great position to win the SEC East and wouldn't be surprised to see them go undefeated this year...

...with all that said, the lack of respect for our program on that thread seems a bit misguided. They talk about their advantage in history, but we're very similar. Our overall win % is close (though they're higher), we have more conference championships and they have more national championships...but the same number of national championships since black people started playing football at Tennessee (1968, coincidentally 1 year after they won the natty).

Beyond that, most of these recruits are 16-17 years old. For the last 8 years, or half their life, let's see what these recruits have seen of these programs:

Overall Record:
Tennessee: 49-51 (49% win)
Clemson: 79-29 (73% win)

Losing Seasons:
Tennessee: 5
Clemson: 1

10-win Seasons:
Tennessee: 0
Clemson: 6

Conference Championships
Tennessee: 0, 0 appearances
Clemson: 2, 3 appearances

Bowl Record:
Tennessee: 2-2
Clemson: 5-3

BCS Wins:
Tennessee: 0 (0 appearances)
Clemson: 2 (3 appearances)

We made it to the National Championship last season, and were a play or two away from winning the whole thing. The past 2 years Tennessee has had 0 players drafted into the NFL, while Clemson has had 3 first-round picks & 14 total picks. Clemson has 27 NFL draft picks in the past 5 years to Tennessee's 8. Do they not realize that resonates with recruits?

On top of that, while the SEC is the best conference in the nation, the power is concentrated in the West. The SEC East has been a bad division for the past few years, which explains why the West has won the last 7 titles, 6 in blowout fashion.

Tennessee has a lot to be excited about, and they've got tons of potential. However, to downplay Clemson's success, draw & power is foolish, IMO.

Jun 21, 2016, 1:04 PM

If Tiger Woods' post suggesting Tee may commit to Clemson today is accurate, that would be absolutely hilarious given the obnoxious behavior in the thread from the first post.

Oh no! What are we going to do without the respect of Tenn?***

Jun 21, 2016, 1:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Inbreds***

Jun 21, 2016, 7:21 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are in denial, but who cares. They sucked for years..

Jun 21, 2016, 7:23 PM

and still do.

They sound a lot like coots Dwayne Coleman needs to pop

Jun 21, 2016, 7:34 PM

them in the head again

Duane.***

Jun 21, 2016, 7:41 PM

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic