Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A couple of things I saw after rewatching the game:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,121

A couple of things I saw after rewatching the game:

Sep 8, 2016, 1:05 PM

We could have put another 14-21 points on AU...easily. Williams had two sure TD's that he flat out dropped, and we were driving for another probable score when they called a fumble that was questionable because of the player that stripped it being out of bounds.

Another glaring thing I saw was all the late hits on Watson that were never called. BS. At least 4-5 times.

Saw it during the game, but even more so when I rewatched it....Dex Lawrence is a MAN. He is going to be a good one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A couple of things I saw after rewatching the game:

Sep 8, 2016, 1:12 PM

Just to clarify a little on your comments... on one dropped TD pass, we scored a TD to Renfrow two plays later, and on the other, we kicked a FG. So that's only an extra 4 points. You do make a good point on the Mike Williams fumble that probably should have been overturned. Let's say we kick a FG on that drive, and then we kick a FG at the end of the game. That's an extra 10 points, and there'd probably be a lot less b!tching if the final score was 29-13.

If anyone is worried about this offense, they don't know football. We're going to light up the scoreboard this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

True ...

Sep 8, 2016, 1:15 PM

I still think our offense is elite and will show it over the course of the season.

Normal to be a little rusty and tight on the road, first game of the season.

Also I'd like to add that the back shoulder throw to Williams is almost unstoppable. Watson was making those throws look easy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2016, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: A couple of things I saw after rewatching the game: ]

I thought that our guys looked to have gridiron rust, or maybe they were tired.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was also interesting how....

Sep 8, 2016, 1:15 PM

the Auburn defenders were permitted to molest the Clemson receivers all night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

they were grabbing and pulling all night

Sep 8, 2016, 1:52 PM

they were also lined up right over the receivers. big reason why we didn't do many sweeps and bubble screens

I'll give Auburn credit...

Sep 8, 2016, 2:07 PM

they have really good team speed especially on the corners and Kevin Steele used every second of the time he had in the preseason to prepare his defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Did you notice that Auburn should've scored a little more as well?***

Sep 8, 2016, 1:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2016, 1:43 PM

Did you watch the entire game bc, I thought I saw more than 4 or 5, with a ref standing right there and does nothing. I actually thought that there was one hit that looked as the tackler was trying to take DW4 out... If I watch the game again, i'll tell you the time mark.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHat I could find about the rule on an OB defender

Sep 8, 2016, 1:59 PM

Defenders can be OB and come back in no problem. there is no restriction or penalty, that's why defenders don't tiptoe the line.

The only way that fumble would be overturned is if the defender touched a loose ball while OB. Then, the ball is dead by being OB. But defenders can make tackles and strip balls all they want near the sideline with no problem.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WHat I could find about the rule on an OB defender

Sep 8, 2016, 2:15 PM

Offense had a little rust, but Auburn played like a team that had been told for 8 months they'd be fortunate to not get blown out. Our Tigers played like a team that was told all summer they'd be back in the national championship just by showing up every week.

No matter what coaches tell these guys, they're human. And they watched film that showed a really, really bad Auburn team last year. Meanwhile, Auburn played with something to prove. And their defensive line is as good a group as you'll see.

We left a few points on the table, but most importantly we got out with the W, even with a few mental lapses late.

I was curious about the rule

Sep 8, 2016, 2:38 PM [ in reply to WHat I could find about the rule on an OB defender ]

and about how it would be possible to be out of bounds, strip the ball, and not touch the loose ball while out of bounds. I guess there's no telling for certain when the ball becomes loose but it would seem logical that if they guy is out of bounds and strips the ball that he likely was touching it when it transitioned from controlled to loose.

Here's the rule on that out of bounce player stripping the

Sep 8, 2016, 2:16 PM

balls

The defensive player can force a fumble while out of bounds. However, if the ball is loose, the defensive player must be in bounds to be able to gain control of the fumble. If he is out of bounds and touches a loose ball, the ball becomes dead immediately.

Thanks Shorty

Re: Here's the rule on that out of bounce player stripping the

Sep 8, 2016, 2:20 PM

Good call by the officials on field and in the replay booth, then.

Play seemed really uncharacteristic of MW7 to not step out when he had the chance. Looked like he was bottled up and chose to fight it out. But I, as a fan, can't get too mad about him fighting for yards in that situation. He was almost half of our offense in his first game back! Hate he didn't score, though, would've been a perfect comeback.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,121
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic