Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hello from South Bend again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,339

Hello from South Bend again

Oct 25, 2020, 9:38 PM

Had pleasant experiences here before the CFP semifinal game almost 2 years ago. Coming back to talk some football. BC is a stronger opponent than GT (whom the Irish play this week) but I still expect Clemson to put a bigger margin up on them.

Right now most Irish fans don't have as high of hopes for November 7 as we did for the game in Dallas, but hopefully it's an entertaining show down.

Our offensive line is historically good this year, with about 130 some combined starts, but after a couple of injuries (Kevin Austin and Braden Lenzy) we lack formidable threats at WR. Ian Book, although experienced, still hesitates to make throws and panics in the instances the OL doesn't keep a perfect pocket. Would venture to guess we will continue to use 2-3 TE sets and try to shorten the game.

Our defense has been lights out in every game but the Florida State game. The five games have been against sub par teams, so I'm not sure how much we can glean from that. Kyle Hamilton should be an All-American at safety and Jeremiah Owuso-Karamoah AA at linebacker, but there are weaknesses to be attacked. Shaun Crawford is playing the other safety in his sixth year. Great instincts, but he's small and not the fastest. We also have been mixing and matching at the other two linebacker spots. I would expect Lawrence to be more of a problem than Etienne on the ground. If we have to use JOK to neutralize Etienne catching passes out of the backfield that could open up a lot across the field for Lawrence.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hello from South Bend again

Oct 25, 2020, 9:47 PM

Welcome to TigerNet. Nice to have opponent fans that talk football (vs. jerks and trolls).

I was so looking forward to my first visit to the Notre Dame campus. It looks amazing in pictures. Had already bought my plane ticket to Chicago in January before this darn Covid. Just cancelled the ticket a few weeks ago. Seem so strange to see the ACC logo on the field in South Bend.

I was disappointed in our play calling and offensive performance against Syracuse. Hopefully we follow that game up by playing up to our standard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 10:16 PM

Why aren't you going?

Seriously? Have you been on a boat...

Oct 25, 2020, 10:24 PM

the last 8 months?

No general public tickets at ND home games.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously? Have you been on a boat...

Oct 25, 2020, 10:50 PM

sounds pretty ####### stupid to me

Hello to you, too.

Oct 25, 2020, 9:52 PM

May the best team be victorious.

Thanks for stopping by, and the intelligent post

Oct 25, 2020, 10:00 PM

Good luck to you guys, it's looking to be a good one on 11/7.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Welcome back!!

Oct 25, 2020, 10:04 PM

Went to that Dallas game. 1st half was fierce, then our guys found a way to pull away.
Ian Book took a pounding that game.. thought he was tough!
I live near his hometown, when my daughter and I caught our connection to Sacramento after the Cotton Bowl, Ian was on the connecting flight.
He was very kind and well.spoken. I appreciated the time he took to speak with her.
He actually changed my comolete disdain for ND to mild ehhh ??
Good luck to y'all, looking for a Clemson W and appreciate your eval.of your team this year.
Stay Safe and smiling!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Just had 87 yr old & wealthy Yellow Jacket stadium box owner invite me to ATL

Oct 25, 2020, 10:23 PM

to watch NDame & GT play..and said yes since Son & I sadly had to cancel our planned trip up to Southbend due to Covid.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome back!!

Oct 25, 2020, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Welcome back!! ]

soywaker® said:

Went to that Dallas game. 1st half was fierce, then our guys found a way to pull away.
Ian Book took a pounding that game.. thought he was tough!
I live near his hometown, when my daughter and I caught our connection to Sacramento after the Cotton Bowl, Ian was on the connecting flight.
He was very kind and well.spoken. I appreciated the time he took to speak with her.
He actually changed my comolete disdain for ND to mild ehhh ??
Good luck to y'all, looking for a Clemson W and appreciate your eval.of your team this year.
Stay Safe and smiling!!

Glad you had a good experience with Ian and also got to go to the game. I'd like to think if Julian Love did not get hurt maybe it's slightly closer, but then again Clemson also had the backups in the whole fourth quarter and fumbled near goal line otherwise it would have been 37-3.

We are definitely a very physical team this year so I'm hoping for a hard fought game.

stray cat jumping in your garage to get out of the rain***

Oct 25, 2020, 10:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 25, 2020, 10:40 PM

I think ND should join the ACC full time. I think that would give the ACC a better chance to have 2 teams in the playoff each year.

Oct 25, 2020, 10:55 PM

I think ND should join the ACC full time. I think that would give the ACC a better chance to have 2 teams in the playoff each year.

Maybe someday. I enjoy the scheduling variety a lot though. Playing Clemson 3x, Wisconsin 2x, OSU 2x, USC x 4, Stanford x 4 all in a four year period makes for fun matchups, extended recruiting range, and data points that help college football in general in my opinion. That was supposed to be our original run from 2020-2023 before covid changed the schedule this year.

It has been fun to have a conference race to follow for a year, so maybe down the line.

Oct 25, 2020, 10:41 PM

The best way to get to your destination is the path with least resistance.

Oct 26, 2020, 12:28 AM

One of my best friends was a huge ND fan/alum and has an award named after him in your Journalism school. For the last twenty years he has sent me his write up every week of ND sports named "Splinters form the Press Box". He did not pull any punches. It was on my bucket list to visit ND and hopefully meet my friend there, but a bunch of health setbacks took their toll and he died early this year. My daughter and I were coming prior to Covid, so we are hugely disappointed. I'm looking forward to a very competitive game ..... hopefully not too competitive!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 1:00 AM

God bless your ND friend and all his family and friends, and you and yours as well. ND is what it is - a great school with great tradition.

Clemson, however, does not have a school of Journalism. Are you confusing Clemson with another school in SC? Take care, enjoy the game, and...

Go Tigers!!!

Oct 26, 2020, 1:02 AM

He's talking about the Notre Dame School of Journalism (not Clemson).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard not to like Ian Book, seems like a good guy...

Oct 26, 2020, 12:56 AM

..gives it all he's got, to me he's the (obvious) key to how well ND does against Clemson...

Oct 26, 2020, 5:28 AM

Welcome back to TigerNet. Was going to be at the game this year. Planning on attending in 2022. Expect CBV to stack the box and force Book to throw. If Book can connect with his receivers, we will have a good game. If not, it will be a long night for the Irish.

Oct 26, 2020, 1:41 PM

Greetings, grew up in Cleveland played CYO and Catholic High school football, a couple of my teammates went to Notre Dame and played there. Always have a place for Notre Dame in my heart (mandatory as a midwest Catholic isn't it?), except when they play Clemson.

This should be a great matchup, if players and fans can't get up for this game there is no hope.

we had made plans to go to the game but alas the restrictions on fans wrecked that, we hosted a bunch of Domers at our tailgate during the monsoon game... one of the most memorable games I've ever been too.

Can the ND D defend against both the pass and the run? We finally have some good tight ends again, both of them have good hands and exploit the middle of the field well (occupies both LB and safeties), leaves the corners on an island. Hope our wideouts progress to their potential on the boundary.

Clemson defense has been getting better every week, Syracuse got 2 scores on breakdowns so I would not use that as benchmark... but they have not played an offense with ND O-line talent. If they can keep Book clean he will do some damage.

Hoping for a clean well played game...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,339
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic