Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to see HJ transfer...........what still upsets me is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Hate to see HJ transfer...........what still upsets me is

May 21, 2018, 9:09 PM

he was not given a fair shot in the Syracuse game last year......we will never know if he would have (or could have) made the difference in that game will we........but we knew (or at least expected) what the outcome of that game would be with ZC playing the entire 2nd half after being unsuccessful possession after possession.......really hate to see him go but understand why he is going somewhere else to play.....this guy is way to good and talented to sit on the bench...........wish him the best.........Go Tigers!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to see HJ transfer...........what still upsets me is

May 21, 2018, 9:30 PM

HJ would have kicked the crap out of Syracuse last year.

May 21, 2018, 10:53 PM

Like you, I can’t believe that HJ didn’t play in that SYR game. It was obvious that for whatever reason the coaching staff was not going to play him.

I was really mad about that then, but later in the season, maybe it was the SC game I think he played and threw a pick pretty quick. I’ve got to trust the coaches who see him play more than me. Wish him luck, but we gonna be fine.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 11:53 PM

vfral1 said:

I can’t believe that HJ didn’t play in that SYR game. It was obvious that for whatever reason the coaching staff was not going to play him.

Maybe they didn't want him to win the job, because it could complicate things with Trevor Lawrence?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As old folks say ‘BINGO’ that’s a smart

May 22, 2018, 8:48 AM

Man right there. If HJ pulls out the Syracuse game....controversy on TigerNet results. You know what that means, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, the coaches really screwed up that game.

May 21, 2018, 11:13 PM

First, they decided that Bryant, who relies heavily on his feet and could barely walk, was a better choice than a healthy backup. Then, when the concussion forced the coaches to play a backup, they went with Cooper. While not my preference, I decided to support the decision. Cooper proceeded to do nothing, which was compounded by the fact that he missed wide open receivers by at least 10 if not 15 yards or more. Yet the coaches left him in, once again sending the message to Hunter Johnson that they obviously think he sucks.

Why on God's green earth wouldn't you give Hunter a chance in that situation?!? Even if you think he's the clear third string, the first string has a concussion and the second string is playing like crap. Why not give the guy a chance, in a game that we didn't want to lose?!?

It blows my mind, and I hope that didn't contribute to his decision to transfer. If it did, then the coaches only have themselves to blame.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I agree, the coaches really screwed up that game.

May 21, 2018, 11:15 PM

Everybody was collectively concussed in that game. It was just a terrible showing by all our coaches. BV couldn't get calls in and the offense, even with KB in the game should have just run cuse the F over with the backs.

Re: I agree, the coaches really screwed up that game.

May 22, 2018, 8:01 AM [ in reply to I agree, the coaches really screwed up that game. ]

yeah I really thought he should have gotten in. Not like anything else we did worked. Try all your options

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 11:24 PM

You win your shot in practice.

May 22, 2018, 12:05 AM

You are quite right. We went to the Syracuse game and sat behind our team bench. KB could barely run in pregame warmups. ZC was not ready. HJ should have played and could have provided the spark we needed. Poor Clemson coaching on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 8:56 PM

Unlike HJ who I will always consider to be a Clemson man, I have no sympathy or use for that big 300 lb. baby called Josh Belk......I really hope he gets the chance to play against Clemson in the future so we can knock some of that crap out of him........which appears to be what he is full of......Go Tigers!!!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic