Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 91
| visibility 1

Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson

Feb 22, 2018, 8:07 AM

Choke job!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson

Feb 22, 2018, 8:13 AM

GUESS IT IS COACHES FAULT HIS BEST PLAYER IS OUT FOR THE YEAR AND HIS QB IS OUT. WHY DONT SOME OF YOU JUST SLITHER BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK. WE ARE FAR FROM THE SAME TEAM WE WERE WITH THOSE 2 GUYS BUT WILL STILL BE JUST FINE ONE MITCHELL IS BACK AND GABE FINDS HIS SHOT. I AM GUESSING YOU HAVE CHOKED ON A FEW THINGS IN YOUR DAY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess you have to type in all caps so you can

Feb 22, 2018, 8:23 AM

Read the BS you post huh old man?

Three losses in a row in games you should have won but defense couldn’t stop them. It’s not lack of offensive production. It’s defense and the fact we are sucking again at the line.

Re: Guess you have to type in all caps so you can

Feb 22, 2018, 8:29 AM

Three games in a row we should've won? Sir we were the underdog in all three games. Just keep quiet and watch us run the table when Shelton gets back

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Guess you have to type in all caps so you can ]

SO WE HOLD DUKE 22 POINTS UNDER THEIR SEASON AVERAGE AND HOLD VPI TO 65 BUT WE ARE PLAYING BAD D. WHERE DO THEY FIND YOU SNOWFLAKES.

Feb 22, 2018, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Guess you have to type in all caps so you can ]

Lmao if you think the Duke game and last night was because of defense and not offense you are mental. DeVoe shot probably less than 10% from the field in those 2 games.

Feb 22, 2018, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Guess you have to type in all caps so you can ]

i have to disagree on this one..It's definitely a lack of offensive production hurting us, not defense. When hoping that Reed can make another 3 pointer before the shot clock expires is our best offense, there's a problem. We're struggling without Grantham and a point guard, no doubt.That we're able to stay competitive these past 3 games is admirable. There's just not enough depth to finish those last 6 minutes. The loss of confidence,focus and intensity down the stetch is magnified with each loss.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:31 PM

Sure is!

Feb 22, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson ]

Thank you it's obvious the Shelton Mitchell injury is hurting us and even more after grantham lose. Gave devoue was so hot during our wins vs unc and the ones after grantham was hurt. Since FSU gabe is like 2-14 behind the arc. I know we have had a lot of turnovers even with fsu but missing Mitchell vs Duke and vt was huge bc of the trouble we had moving it around. Also if gabe hits 40% of his shots we beat Duke and VT. Coach can't help that best 3 shooter is cold and other best tore acl. Yes we looked bad and like classic clemson bball but for a reason and I def expect it to change when we get Mitchell back. Coach can't help injuries or cold streaks.

Feb 22, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson ]

Thank you it's obvious the Shelton Mitchell injury is hurting us and even more after grantham lose. Gave devoue was so hot during our wins vs unc and the ones after grantham was hurt. Since FSU gabe is like 2-14 behind the arc. I know we have had a lot of turnovers even with fsu but missing Mitchell vs Duke and vt was huge bc of the trouble we had moving it around. Also if gabe hits 40% of his shots we beat Duke and VT. Coach can't help that best 3 shooter is cold and other best tore acl. Yes we looked bad and like classic clemson bball but for a reason and I def expect it to change when we get Mitchell back. Coach can't help injuries or cold streaks.

Feb 22, 2018, 10:00 AM

SEEMS TO ME WE SHOULD BE GETTING BEHIND A TEAM THAT WAS PICKED 13TH IN THE LEAGUE AND WAS 20-4 JUST A WEEK AGO. THIS TEAM LOST THEIR BEST PLAYER AND STILL CONTINUED TO WIN. THEN THEY LOST THEIR QB AND HAVE STRUGGLED MIGHTILY WITHOUT HIM. WHEN HE COMES BACK AND GABE FINDS HIS STROKE THEY WILL BE JUST FINE AGAIN. FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW OUR SO CALLED FANS CAN NOT GET BEHIND THESE KIDS UNTIL THEY MAKE IT THROUGH THIS ROUGH PATCH. DIDNT SEE MANY COMPLAINTS WHEN WE WERE 20-4. THEY NEED US FANS MORE THAN EVER RIGHT NOW. IF MITCHELL IS BACK SATURDAY WE WILL SMOKE THE BEES.

You know that little light on the caps lock key

Feb 22, 2018, 11:20 AM

indicates it's on. Just FYI

Feb 22, 2018, 8:37 AM

Didn’t you get the memo?

We’re the only team in history to ever have injuries....

Feb 22, 2018, 8:42 AM

HOW HAS IT WORKED OUT FOR PRESEASON TOP 15 NOTRE DAME WITHOUT BONZI AND THE OTHER GOOD PLAYER WHOSE NAME SLIPS MY MIND. HARD FOR ME TO IMAGINE HOW SOME OF YOU GOOBERS SURVIVE IN THE REAL WORLD.

Feb 22, 2018, 8:48 AM

Some people are just ignorant. We lost our PG in probably the toughest 3 game stretch of the season. It is never easy to win on the road in the ACC even with all your players healthy and it certainly is never easy to best Duke. Winning this weekend will bring the confidence back. I just hope Mitchell is healthy because we look lost on O without him.

Feb 22, 2018, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson ]

Duke lost their best player before our game and still waxed us on our home court.

Feb 22, 2018, 8:50 AM

WHY DONT YOU SLITHER ON BACK TO FGF SKEETER

Duke waxed us? You're not very bright.***

Feb 22, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That’s an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!***

Feb 22, 2018, 10:58 AM

Feb 22, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson ]

I watched the Duke game but didn't see us getting "waxed' by Duke. Yes their best player was out,
but do you not understand that they have McDonald's All Americans waiting in the wings? Do you honestly think we are more talented than Duke or Florida State. Did we make ridiculous turnovers and have lapses? Of course we did, and I am frustrated as well. We have little depth and have two starters out; hopefully Mitchell will be back this weekend and we can win our last two home games.

Feb 22, 2018, 10:33 AM

Yes I know Duke has better players.

We need to get better players....

That’s in the coach’s job description.

Feb 22, 2018, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson ]

Did Duke lose their very experienced point guard? That's easily the most important position on the court to be a successful team.

Feb 22, 2018, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson ]

Didn't see Brad Brownell shooting free throws last night. Also didn't notice him wearing Gabe DeVoe's jersey and missing all those 3 pointers. Coaches coach and Players MUST play. I know this is hard to understand but the players lost those games.

It’s also the coach’s job to recruit....

Feb 22, 2018, 10:15 AM

Can't help injuries to your best players. We'll also never recruit like Duke, UVA, or UNC. Just will never happen.

Feb 22, 2018, 10:35 AM

Good thing Dabo didn’t have the idea that Clemson couldn’t recruit with the blue bloods of college football....

Feb 22, 2018, 10:41 AM

Totally different situation and you know it.

Unfortunately not. Stupidity runs deep.***

Feb 22, 2018, 11:00 AM

Feb 22, 2018, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson ]

You’re right. Dabo inherited a program wallowing in mediocrity....

Brownell inherited a program on the rise that had just hauled in its highest rated class ever.

It’s a slap in the face to Dabo to downplay what he did at Clemson.

Feb 22, 2018, 11:24 AM

Here you go again with that "program on the rise" nonsense.

Feb 22, 2018, 11:48 AM

Wow you really are delusional.

Check the win totals during Larry Shyatt’s tenure and then look at how after a couple years under Purnell we were steady winning 20+ games a year.

I’m also still waiting on you to show me a time in Clemson history that we were recruiting better than at the end of the Purnell years.....

Feb 22, 2018, 12:07 PM

I've stated before that recruiting rankings only go back so far, I'm still waiting on you to learn to comprehend what you read (I won't hold my breath though).

No one is stating that Purnell didn't win, my counter is why leave a "program on the rise" for a ###### program, unless you don't think you're going to continue to rise?

Feb 22, 2018, 12:12 PM

He left because he had a side piece and his wife was gonna find out, or so we’ve been told.

How or why he left doesn’t mean #### though. He proved that Clemson basketball can consistently be a tournament team and attract highly rated players.

I’m pulling for Brownell and have enjoyed this season but I’m not gonna be delusional.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:17 PM

How or why he left doesn't matter, I agree, but what does matter is that he left a program that he had built and was "on the rise" according to you for a team that had won 7 conference games in the previous 3 years.

Also, 3 years of making the tournament is pretty short of "consistently" being a tournament team and attracting highly rated players. Sure, his last class was rated highly but he clearly missed from a talent evaluation stand point.

You most certainly are not pulling for Brownell. You also couldn't have enjoyed this season, there have only been 7 losses for you to come on here and ##### about, while getting on your knees for OP after he left, I shouldn't have to keep reminding you of that.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:35 PM

Three years in a row is showing a level of consistency compared to NEVER MAKING IT.

He also had three straight winning seasons in the ACC.

I’m starting to wonder if there are other factors at play here like maybe the color of his skin.

No other explanation for the way some of you try to downplay what he did at Clemson.

Feb 22, 2018, 2:00 PM

Brownell made it his first year, then had to fix the mess OP left him in those highly talented recruiting classes.

Whoopty doo he won in the ACC in years where 4 teams got in the tourney and another when UNC went 5-11 and made the NIT. We've been over that.

Finally, you're a race baiting ####### so I'm not gonna even respond further than this, aside from stating the irony as you've called Brownell's style "white boy basketball." You ####### moron.

Feb 22, 2018, 2:19 PM

He also beat 7th ranked Duke en route to the ACC championship game where he lost to #1 UNC who eventually won the national title by 5 points. You failed to mention that.

I’m just baffled that we’re having this discussion.

Feb 22, 2018, 2:24 PM

We've been over this, I thoroughly enjoyed the Duke thumping and watching us battle for a championship, but we still lost. We also lost to UNC 3 other times that year, lost to Duke, lost to CHARLOTTE AT HOME, and again, in the first round of the NCAA Tourney, but hey we made it there.

I'm just baffled you continue to bring up stuff regarding OP when he hasn't coached here for the better part of a decade and he's not coming back.

Feb 22, 2018, 3:12 PM

I don’t “bring him up”, I just simply show people when they make a delusional excuse for Brownell that our last coach reached greater heights at Clemson.

Excuses are for losers.

Feb 22, 2018, 3:15 PM

SO SKEETER YOU ARE SAYING THAT DARRIN HORNE DID BETTER THAN YOUR PRESENT COACH. BOY YOU ARE DELUSIONAL.

Feb 22, 2018, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson ]

Even though you're making excuses for OP's lack of consistent success in tournament play, both conference and NCAA?

You're just a liar...You're not pulling for Brad***

Feb 22, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're just a liar...You're not pulling for Brad***

Feb 22, 2018, 12:37 PM

You’re right I’m not pulling for Brad, I’m pulling for the team.

I was here before he got here and will be here when he’s gone.

So you admit you lied? That's a start

Feb 22, 2018, 1:35 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Here-comes-the-classic-Brad-Brownell-Clemson-23173250

Re: So you admit you lied? That's a start

Feb 22, 2018, 2:00 PM

When you talk in circles so much you're bound to run your mouth into your ###, as jhOP usually shows.

Feb 22, 2018, 2:22 PM

I just state facts when I see delusional statements and they are all over the basketball board.....

I’ve had fans of other teams come up to me and laugh about some of the stuff they read on here. True story.

Feb 22, 2018, 2:25 PM

My money would be on them laughing at you, and your race baiting nonsense.

Feb 22, 2018, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson ]

Our offense has always been anemic under Brownell no matter who is on the floor.

Feb 22, 2018, 11:27 AM

We were averaging 77 points per game with Grantham, 69.3 without Grantham (including the 36 points at UVA), and are averaging 57.5 without Grantham and Mitchell.

That clearly disproves your point, our offense was stellar this year prior to injuries to key players.

Feb 22, 2018, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson ]

Hey look Jhop is here after another loss.

You are one pathetic loser Skeeter3.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Moran.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot the “s”******

Feb 22, 2018, 8:59 AM

Feb 22, 2018, 8:52 AM

Lemme just jump on the TNets and slam a coach who's done a helluva job so far ...

Then watch my pulse flatline .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 22, 2018, 8:52 AM

I ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT MY PULSE. LOL

Feb 22, 2018, 9:45 AM

You also have a broken caps lock .
What else can we say about ya ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 22, 2018, 9:53 AM

NOT BROKEN AT ALL. IF YALL AINT FIGURED OUT THE CAPS LOCK THINGY YET JUST SMH.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:13 PM

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 22, 2018, 8:59 AM

Hey this #### loving troll has come out of hiding to trash the Tigers.

I am shocked.

Feb 22, 2018, 9:21 AM

the "c" on the end of his name really stands for cocky.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 12:30 PM

? Who

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 9:47 AM

Idiot

Re: Here comes the classic Brad Brownell Clemson***

Feb 22, 2018, 9:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the immortal words of Dean Vernon Wormer...

Feb 22, 2018, 9:57 AM

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

was it a "classic Dabo chokejob" when we lost to syracuse

Feb 22, 2018, 10:06 AM

without our QB?

You are literally clueless to throw this on Brownell.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: was it a "classic Dabo chokejob" when we lost to syracuse

Feb 22, 2018, 10:35 AM

Yes.

90-17***

Feb 22, 2018, 10:37 AM

Feb 22, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: was it a "classic Dabo chokejob" when we lost to syracuse ]

Wow you are a loser

Feb 22, 2018, 11:09 AM

I’m sure Dabo and Venables both would readily tell you they got whooped against Syracuse.

They’re men, you’re a little girl.

Feb 22, 2018, 11:24 AM

What exactly do you want man? Would it help if Brownell sent you a certified letter saying he lost, he’s the coach, he’s responsible for the team?

Get over yourself you entitled prick. Team is down two of their best players and it has shown over the last three games.

And you’re taking joy in it, because you’re either pathetic, or a South Carolina fan (which is also pathetic).

Is this cathartic for you? Makes you feel better about yourself to say “told you so?”

What is wrong with people like you? It’s sad. Truly.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:04 PM

I don’t need anything from Brownell....I’m just here discussing things realistically.

It’s funny when you try to sound reasonable after calling someone a little girl.

You’re a garbage excuse for a human.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:08 PM

A “garbage excuse for a human”....wow.

He does act like a little girl and so do you.

Feb 22, 2018, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: was it a "classic Dabo chokejob" when we lost to syracuse ]

JHop is incredibly stupid. LOL at comparing Clemson basketball to Duke basketball. Do you realize that your butt buddy Purnell only recruited 1 Mcdonalds AA? And it was freaking Milton Jennings?

Everyone on Dukes team was a mcdonalds AA. Surely since Purnell was such an amazing recruiter he would have done better.

Especially since you implicated that Clemson basketball is on par with duke.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 11:31 AM

In before jhOP's normal response, OP had us on the rise and best recruiting ever and etc.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:03 PM

And that’s a true statement....I’m sorry you have a hard time accepting facts. Did Purnell bang your wife or something?

No but apparently he was your step-dad, or lover, either way he left a "program on the rise." That doesn't make much sense does it? To leave a "program on the rise" for a team that was literally one of the worst teams in college basketball.

“for a team that was literally one of the worst teams in college basketball”

Huh?

Feb 22, 2018, 12:10 PM

OP left Clemson in the middle of the night to go to DePaul, which was one of the worst teams in the country at that time.

He left Clemson ("Program on the rise") for DePaul (program in the basement), pretty simple to understand.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: was it a "classic Dabo chokejob" when we lost to syracuse ]

Clemson basketball is far from on par with a Duke, but there’s no reason we can’t strive to build that kind of program.

I’m just glad Dabo didn’t bring your attitude to the table or you’d be steaming “we’re not Alabama!” during football season.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:11 PM

Except you're leaving out the facilities afforded to football (rightfully so), and the fact that we had been there before.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:42 PM

Been there before over 20 years prior.

Clemson was nowhere near the traditional powerhouse that a lot of our fans thought it was.

We are now. Fear the thumb, Fear the other hand,

Feb 22, 2018, 1:29 PM

Fear both feet.

Feb 22, 2018, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: was it a "classic Dabo chokejob" when we lost to syracuse ]

The key words there, are "been there before."

I didn't say we were near the traditional powerhouse a lot of fans thought we were, although it's quite ironic that you seem to think we were with OP running the show in basketball.

Re: was it a "classic Dabo chokejob" when we lost to syracuse***

Feb 22, 2018, 2:25 PM

Re: was it a "classic Dabo chokejob" when we lost to syracuse***

Feb 22, 2018, 2:28 PM

Come on now lil jhOP, it's not that hard to read and respond.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: was it a "classic Dabo chokejob" when we lost to syracuse ]

Except for the fact that Clemson had previously won a national championship in football. And actually had tradition.

Brownell is about to break the Clemson record for most acc wins in a year. And all you are doing is bitching. Grow up you punk.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 2:24 PM

Nobody is bitching. Lol.

I’m just responding to delusional statements that I see. I’ve made plenty of positive comments and enjoyed this season.

I enjoy every season.....

Ya’ll act like a bunch of JV cheerleaders.

Feb 22, 2018, 2:27 PM

You responded to the OP with an ignorant statement regarding us being the "only team with injuries."

So you respond to "delusional statements" with your own delusions?

You sound like the side piece that thinks she's the main girl.

Feb 22, 2018, 10:45 AM

If you know so much - why aren't YOU the coach?!!!!

Zionless ??***

Feb 22, 2018, 11:01 AM

Who do you think you are fooling Henny Penny?***

Feb 22, 2018, 11:49 AM

tigercat650 , you should be embarrassed for pointing that

####...1144 read it and you are the only one who fell for it

Replies: 91