Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
my favorite ESPN stupid moment of the game ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,160

my favorite ESPN stupid moment of the game ...

Oct 30, 2016, 9:35 PM

was when Fowler asked the "officiating expert" about the targeting call on the hit to Mike Williams ...

the guy said (paraphrasing) that the receiver lowered his head too ... implying it was Williams fault.

idiocy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Targeting rule is dumb

Oct 30, 2016, 9:41 PM

Needs to be thrown away

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree. Let the coaches do their job and teach these kids

Oct 31, 2016, 2:29 AM

the proper way to tackle.

From day one the Targeting rule has never been called consistently even with instant replay. If fact I sometimes wonder if the guys in the replay booth even know anything about the college football rules!!!???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty much what they said abouT Gallman..

Oct 30, 2016, 9:44 PM

B/c he lowered his head..and was an offensive player.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But I thought the guy that hit WG came from the right side??

Oct 31, 2016, 2:35 AM

If that was the case how could Wayne "The Train" Gallman be guilty of anything. The NC St player knows it was a dirty hit the coaches know it was a dirty hit and was "Targeting".

Refs and ACC office got it wrong plain and simple they screwed Clemson and WG.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But I thought the guy that hit WG came from the right side??

Oct 31, 2016, 2:35 AM [ in reply to pretty much what they said abouT Gallman.. ]

If that was the case how could Wayne "The Train" Gallman be guilty of anything. The NC St player knows it was a dirty hit the coaches know it was a dirty hit and was "Targeting".

Refs and ACC office got it wrong plain and simple they screwed Clemson and WG.

Re: my favorite ESPN stupid moment of the game ...

Oct 30, 2016, 9:47 PM

I know a former Florida wide receiver that made jimbo's wife lower her head...

Re: my favorite ESPN stupid moment of the game ...

Oct 30, 2016, 10:18 PM

And his name is?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When was this? The guy announcing last night said

Oct 30, 2016, 10:01 PM

They thought it was. One asked the other if he was truly defenseless and the other guy said it really didn't matter if he was defenseless or not if he led with crown. It wasn't vicious and I'm sure guy didn't mean to target but that's why you learn technique to not lead head first. But you saw the effect the defender actually looked concussed himself which is part of intent to make it safer for defender too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess we hear what we want, but he said that but included that it was targeting

Oct 30, 2016, 11:52 PM

bc the tackler led with the crown of his helmet. Herbie said , "was he defenseless?"

Other dude says, it doesn't matter bc he led with the crown of his helmet.

null

Re: announcers never have that rule right

Oct 31, 2016, 12:06 AM

they attend rules meetings every year yet that escapes their grasp. mAYBE THEY'VE BEEN CONCUSSED

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess we hear what we want, but he said that but included that it was targeting

Oct 31, 2016, 2:09 AM [ in reply to Guess we hear what we want, but he said that but included that it was targeting ]

Exactly. It becomes a 9-1-3 ruling. Rule 9-1-4 deals with defenseless players. 9-1-3 deals with lowering the head.
Essentially no matter if you are defenseless, the tackler cannot lead with his head.

Targeting Rule is NOT dumb considering the fact that the

Oct 31, 2016, 6:13 AM

Brain bouncing off the skull is NOT a good thing. Jarring the brain over and over is NOT a good thing. The fact the NFL players face a life time disability from such blows. Boxers face the same affliction. Money can't fix brain trauma. Cheering somebody getting knocked unconscious needs a moral checkup

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,160
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic