Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great Spring game...lots of good players. Got one concern
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Great Spring game...lots of good players. Got one concern

Apr 16, 2018, 10:48 AM

Most of our big plays went to one guy... Tee Higgins is a beast no doubt but all that means is he will be double and triple teamed if hes the only option that is used. Deshaun in his run used about three to five guys on repeat. MW,Artavis, Hunter, Legget, CAin. Which is why we were so successful.

I know its one game and a practice at that. But this reminds me of last year. Against good teams we seemed to zero in on Cain. Don't know if that was bc he was the biggest target we had and the other guys were just too small to see. But that was a big problem. As far as winning a championship is concerned.

Do we still not have a Tight End who is capable of contributing on offense? Thats a huge part that was missing last year.

Either way we gotta have contributors not named Tee Higgins. Orange and White showed me that we get to 3rd and long and throw up a prayer to Tee who will catch it but ... not sustainable. We have too many capable players for one guy to be the linchpin that holds it altogther. Hopefully Overton plays with Tee and there are two targets on 3rd down. But he didn't step up last year either so i don't know if he will this year either.

Dont know if its the QB's fault or the receivers not separating.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our best 2 QB's were not throwing to half of our Receivers..

Apr 16, 2018, 10:49 AM

including Renfrow...

Re: Our best 2 QB's were not throwing to half of our Receivers..

Apr 16, 2018, 12:52 PM

There’s no room for logic here...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great Spring game...lots of good players. Got one concern

Apr 16, 2018, 10:54 AM

Maybe you need to replay some of the game. T. Thompson made some great catches from Brice, They were mid-range instead of bombs. Of course H Renfro made that catch over a defended. Check the stat sheet. Yes Tee was the leading receiver but not by much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 11:01 AM

Maybe the coaches only ran so many plays and didn't want to show to much. just a wild guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 11:03 AM

Don’t forget about Braden Galloway as well. I thought he played really well considering he missed most of Spring Practice with returning from foot surgery. I think he had either a catch or 2 taken away because of “sacks”. I’m all for the QBs being protected but come on it shouldn’t have been touch them and blow the whistle. Just my two cents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 11:08 AM

KB probably would have had some nice runs and there would have been 2-3 pretty nice catches made. But, I can understand the touch rule. Don't want our qbs getting swallowed by Christian and company.

Apr 16, 2018, 12:58 PM

Why put a purple on any of them? You got four going after one job. I think we did it last year. The best crop is the one that gets weeded. Ask any farmer...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Great Spring game...lots of good players. Got one concern ]

Galloway had a catch in the second half in which Lawrence threaded the needle. It was called back because of a touch "sack", but his athletism was definitely shown. I'm not sure Garrett, Smith or Richards could have made that play. I'm really excited to see how he progresses throughout the summer.

I hear ya, and I agree he'll be good but not this year

Apr 16, 2018, 3:47 PM

Freshman Tight Ends who contribute efficiently are about as rare as it gets. He'll have to learn to block first. And that aint happening this year.

Tight End is a tough spot to pick up in year one. He may play in the gimme games but he won't be starting or anything this year. He's not physically ready for that kinda pounding. I was hoping Richard would be ready but I'm not sure what his deal is. I'm guessing he's a blocker first and foremost.

Tight end is a huge part of a maintaining drives where the running lanes are not there. Tall big possession guy that can't get you tough yards in the midst of Linebackers

I hear ya 2

Apr 16, 2018, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Great Spring game...lots of good players. Got one concern ]

Not sure Milan Richard is getting a fair shake on these boards. Great hands. Solid blocker. A well spoken and usually quiet leader who has paid his dues at complex position. Wide open twice on Saturday and overthrown by 10 yards each time. Wide open often last year and rarely thrown to. Still the 1st guy to tell lB to shake it off. Class act.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 11:37 AM

Take what you saw from certain players and remember this, no QB or receiver was playing on a all starter team. Now, what do you think you would have saw if all the #1 starters were on the same team all together!!! I believe that I would have saw a h&ll of a offense, and a h&ll of a defense that could play and beat any team in the country if the coaches have done their job before they lined up!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am concerned about our lack of a TE.***

Apr 16, 2018, 11:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Did you miss the catch by Braden Galloway?

Apr 16, 2018, 12:32 PM

It was called back due to one of those bogus "sacks" but Braden is going to be a threat like Leggett was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Is he completely healthy?***

Apr 16, 2018, 12:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

He was in a black vest

Apr 16, 2018, 1:15 PM

However, it didn't stop him from getting a deep reception over the middle in traffic. He caught a short pass too and took a hit on the play so I'm not sure what the vest meant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: He was in a black vest

Apr 16, 2018, 1:24 PM

He was brought over from the white team when cannon smith went down. I think the black net was to mark him as an orange team member

Re: I am concerned about our lack of a TE.***

Apr 17, 2018, 1:06 PM [ in reply to I am concerned about our lack of a TE.*** ]

I'm not bc, we have running backs that can catch out of the back field, run a 2 RB set with one acting as a secret TE from either side, according to how the D lines up. Or use both RB to protect the QB to give him more time to find a wide open receiver, and with about every play, we always have a WR wide open down field....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me, our lack of downfield success last year was nearly

Apr 16, 2018, 12:59 PM

equal parts poor touch on the pass by KB, and lack of fighting for 50/50 balls on the part of Cain. That was the biggest single difference between he and Mike Williams. If the ball was in the air in his general direction, either Mike was going to come down with it, or nobody was. Cain never seemed to have that same "want to", and it resulted in some interceptions that could / should have been avoided. Now, granted this was a one year only combination, but MW and DW4 seemed to have that chemistry from the get go that KB and DC never developed. Tee will make whoever throws it to him look good, much as MW did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 3:53 PM

On Higgins first touchdown he was not the primary receiver. The tight end was double teamed with the safety coming down. TL found Higgins in a one on one and launched the ball. The others are a big part of the game.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic