Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got my shot today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Got my shot today

Feb 25, 2021, 7:32 PM

Go Tigers. Go Moderna

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Got my shot today

Feb 25, 2021, 8:09 PM

I'm too young (64) to get one yet but I'm glad you're my guinea pig to keep track of.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2021, 8:21 PM

I'm even younger (59). It'll be next year before my wife and I can get it, and she's a teacher for heavens sake!!! It makes you wonder if the feds are dragging this out to keep us under their control. I don't put anything past the feds these days.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Feb 25, 2021, 8:53 PM

Got my antibodies too! Go me! Similar to the flu my body fights that as well except it is way way tougher on the body.

Feb 25, 2021, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

the governor sets the priority? teachers should be right with front line health care workers.. truly dont understand it , we have to get these kids back in school for numerous reasons, one of which is that the economy cant get back on track until the parents can go back to work full force with no restrictions to be at home...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2021, 9:17 PM

Mainly because science has proven kids don’t really get it... my household had it and neither kid got it. We were with 6 families that all got it and not 1 kid tested positive (9 kids) while every adult did.

Covid attacks certain types of cells that old people have less of and kids have more of. Quite simply, teachers are safe to go back to school. My kids have been in school the entire fall semester and not one person (kids or teachers) got sick from school. Sucks when science gets in the way of political narrative but oh well.... what these governments are doing to children are far worse than what covid is doing.

You are very lucky - I work in several school districts

Feb 25, 2021, 9:22 PM

and know many teachers who have had it already - and a lot of young kids have tested positive as well. Nobody can prove whether it was caught in school or elsewhere but it doesn't matter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are very lucky - I work in several school districts

Feb 25, 2021, 9:29 PM

Yet they can prove children have more T cells than adults which combat getting the virus as well as stop it from being passed along to others. Those are facts based in science that aren’t speculative. Fact is it’s as safe to be teaching now as it was with any other virus out there. What make sense is to open schools and the economy, people what to stay home stay home, and people want to wear a mask wear a mask.

Thank you Clover you’re correct! My wife is an administrator here in SC

Feb 25, 2021, 11:50 PM [ in reply to You are very lucky - I work in several school districts ]

and she has continually battled finding subs for 15-22 teachers out this school year due to COVID often drawing from the district office to fill positions!
It has been a nightmare and they’ve had to go virtual four times already. I agree kids should be back to five days a week but not until teachers were safe. That’s the promise Biden gave.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are very lucky - I work in several school districts

Feb 26, 2021, 9:32 AM [ in reply to You are very lucky - I work in several school districts ]

Thank you for providing your informed point of view.

I follow high school sports pretty closely in the low country and the number of basketball and wrestling teams having to pause their seasons throughout the winter due to ATHLETE positive tests also says that kids can get it.

Better check yourself on that claim as my wife is the

Feb 25, 2021, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

Principal at an elementary school here and they have been forced to go virtual four times so far this year due to COVID already. Either consider yourself blessed or mislead. Btw one faculty member died due to the disease. An incredible teacher and middle-aged lady.

I was in a class last week with first and second

Feb 25, 2021, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

graders and this week found out that the whole class is quarantined this week. Only 3 or 4 of the kids ran up and hugged me. But I have had my 2 shots already.

Message was edited by: clover65®

Feb 25, 2021, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

I am a teacher and have been teaching in person since the first week of August. Our elementary schools have been five days a week the entire school year. The middle and high schools started on a split A/B schedule. Middle schools switched to five days a week at the end of October with high schools following in January. We have not closed a single school. So since the first week of January, our students have received in person instruction five days a week. Twenty percent of our students have opted to stay virtual. Our buildings and busses have Bipolar Ionization modules installed so our air is filtered every ten minutes. Masks are mandatory and desks are cleaned at every class change. I am not a spring chicken and have not been vaccinated. I will not be eligible until the second week of March. I did not hesitate one second when told to report to work. Teachers are essential workers and should be in the classroom. We currently have two pandemics going on. One is COVID and the other is mental health. Kids are struggling with the pandemic and need to get back to a normal routine.

Feb 25, 2021, 9:38 PM

You should be applauded the same as every other doctor and nurse. As someone who has kids in elementary school I appreciate what you do and how important it is to teach kids. The teachers at my kids school (some we are friends with outside of school) never blinked. That dedication to teaching and not making kids suffer in education is such a bright spot I wish all teachers would follow... thank you!

Feb 26, 2021, 9:43 AM

I'm with you all the way until you said you wish all teachers should follow the lead and report into the classroom.

In general that seems like a good idea until you take into account that some teachers are in very poor health, some are past retirement age and are very high risk for a bad illness but still love teaching, and some are the primary caregivers to others who are incredibly high risk.

For example: My parents both teach. They are older than 60 but not yet 65 to qualify for the vaccine. They are also the primary caregivers for my 91 year old grandfather who has finally had 1 shot but is waiting for the 2nd. We are 6 months into my parents teaching in person students and having worry like crazy that they will pass something on to my grandfather when visiting him multiple times a week to make sure he is doing well.

My parents did agree to teach in person without questioning what was asked of them, but without knowing individual circumstances it's not right to say everyone should have to do the same.

Just for information purposes on students being able to get the virus, there have been many positive tests for students and teachers at the high school where my parents teach.

Feb 25, 2021, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

I forgot to add that we publish our COVID numbers online every week so nothing is hidden. We do not shutdown entire classrooms or send large groups of people home. We cannot document a single case of in School transmission. In the cafeteria, students eat behind plexiglass shields. We have spaced the desks the best that we can in classrooms but that is it. We held outdoor graduation last school year and are doing the same this year. All of our high schools are holding outdoor proms and every sport has played their season this school year.

Hopefully you’re not an English teacher. Paragraphs are win! ***

Feb 25, 2021, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

Nm

Re: Hopefully you’re not an English teacher. Paragraphs are win! ***

Feb 26, 2021, 4:12 AM

Lol no I am not. I teach math. My undergrad from Clemson is math/Computer Science. I am not totally hopeless with English and formatting. When it matters, I can proof and cleanup writing with the best of them. Posting on Tigernet to me is like texting a friend. I post quick then move on with life. Be warned. Members of the Grammar Police should skip my posts.

Re: Hopefully you’re not an English teacher. Paragraphs are win! ***

Feb 26, 2021, 11:36 AM

Exactly! Who cares about grammar rules on TNet!?!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 26, 2021, 6:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

My wife is an elementary teacher. No virtual days except during inclement weather (which has been more than usual) and has been in-person learning since August. I know everyone has their own story, but I honestly don't see the need for an argument. The science says open the schools. That is pretty clear.

Feb 26, 2021, 7:56 AM

Don’t you hate when science gets in the way of a narrative? The only teacher we had positive in our school so far got it from going to a neighborhood party (we were there so I know). Hate when science tells us schools are safe yet we have unions say otherwise.

Feb 26, 2021, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

Having the schools open for the option of in-person learning is absolutely necessary.

Forcing everyone to be in the classrooms is not.

Some students and teachers have medical issues that put them in a much higher risk category and the option of virtual learning is wonderful for both.

In NC, teachers are first before any other frontline worker

Feb 25, 2021, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

after the health care and 65+. After teachers, then front line essential workers than regular essential workers than everyone else. Subject to change of course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife is a Principal and I agree Pig! They should be among

Feb 25, 2021, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

the first!!

Feb 26, 2021, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

It isn't the Feds. My wife is a 52 year old teacher and is getting her first shot today here in western NC. Perhaps it is your state government trying to keep people in control, or maybe more local government. Where do you live?

Feb 26, 2021, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

I heard a few days ago that anyone should be able to get the vaccine by May or June.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 26, 2021, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

I am only 62 and I have received both shots of Moderna. If you have asthma or consider yourself a high risk they will schedule you an appointment before age 65.

Feb 25, 2021, 8:48 PM

Make that two. Got first shot today as well.

Feb 25, 2021, 9:18 PM

Got our 2nd dose last week. No side effects for me, husband was achy and lethargic for a day, not really sick.

Feb 25, 2021, 9:21 PM

Got my first today as well. Moderna

Feb 25, 2021, 9:24 PM

Oh and I got mine in Augusta GA

Fully vaccinated..

Feb 25, 2021, 9:47 PM

Arm was a little sore each time and after the 2nd shot, tired and little energy but passed within a day. I received the Pfizer.

Re: Fully vaccinated..

Feb 25, 2021, 9:51 PM

Sounds worse than symptoms of just getting covid for me and everyone I knew who got it with me.

Feb 25, 2021, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

My wife and I got our first shots yesterday, and she didn't feel well this morning but perked up in the afternoon. We believe her problem is allergies from the high pollen level in this area. She says her shoulder doesn't even hurt now.

I have not felt any effects like fever or headache. My shoulder feels fine until I lift my arm up to level with shoulder, and then it feels like somebody stuck a knife in it. It will be OK in a day or so.

Feb 25, 2021, 10:41 PM

Ya make sure you work out through it. With covid I made sure to get my workout in each day and that helped not have any effect at all. Hopefully same idea applies to vaccine make sure you stay active and healthy so you don’t have any symptoms at all.

Feb 25, 2021, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

yep my allergies were bad last spring. Any number of times I thought it could be virus but it wasnt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 12:29 PM

Getting my first shot in about 10 hrs from now - (Fri morning).

I just want to get it over with. Second one scheduled on 3/26.

#GoTigers!!!

Congrats and stay well!

Feb 26, 2021, 3:53 AM

Teachers in TN started getting vaccinated on Monday. My group is next! Likely have to wait till almost April.

The “transmitter” is in 1st shot, little effect when turned

Feb 26, 2021, 8:29 AM

on. The 2nd dose contains the “receiver” and has more side effects when energized. Within 6 months of both dosages, Bill Gates will be controlling all thoughts. If you find yourself pulling for the Coots this fall, you will know what happened.

(Seriously, plan on laying low the day after the second shot of Moderna. Several in my family felt puny .... other not so much.)

I know Bill Gates is not a Coot fan, for sure. If he was,

Feb 26, 2021, 3:27 PM

his Windows operating systems would have all kinds of bugs and glitches. Oh, crap, wait a minute.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish you luck with the shot..............

Feb 26, 2021, 8:41 AM

My biggest frustration with the virus is people only look at what benefits them. People want schools open but don't think about the teachers and employees involved. They only think "everybody else is working why can't they work". They don't think that the teachers are currently working. They just aren't babysitting your children. Kids are getting an education. Schools just aren't providing childcare which is what most parents really want.

Re: I wish you luck with the shot..............

Feb 26, 2021, 8:48 AM

I disagree that schools are "childcare." Students need to be around friends for school and activities for socialization, growth, maturity and good ole fashioned fun. You can't get that sitting by yourself in your den staring at a computer all day.

I do think older teachers need to be prioritized for the vaccine (not sure we need to prioritize vaccinating 28 year old teachers for example).

Feb 26, 2021, 9:54 AM

Teachers are among the first groups every single year to be pushed and pushed to get flu shots so hundreds of teachers per district won't be out fighting the flu when they need to be in class teaching kids. Young people are amazing at spreading any kind of virus.

For some reason, people think it's political now when teachers want to get the same priority for COVID vaccinations as they are for flu vaccinations.

Since you are in that category of thinking it's not worrisome for a 28 year old teacher who tested positive to be missing 2 weeks of school, why do you think that would be?

If teachers are sick, they can't be in the classroom teaching.

Children being in class with their teacher to learn is one of the most important things in our country.

If those two things are true, how can you not support getting teachers to the front of the line?

Is it just because you don't think they will die if they get it?

Feb 26, 2021, 2:01 PM

I've already stated I support teachers having priority for the shots so I don't know what the beef is. However, right now we're dealing with scarcity. Thus, I do think it more important for 65+ folks to get the highest priority since that age group is the one that is dying from the virus.

Hard choices have to be made until the vaccine is readily available. I think vaccinating a 75 year old who could die from COVID takes priority over a 28 year old teacher who would suffer mild symptoms if he/she contracted the virus.

Feb 26, 2021, 10:33 AM

Just got my second Moderna shot a few minutes ago. Waiting for 15 minutes to leave.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Feb 26, 2021, 10:43 AM

Just got mine. Sitting here waiting to see if I fall out.

Feb 26, 2021, 12:35 PM

I saw no one with any issues yesterday. So far a little soreness in shoulder but almost not noticeable. I guess second one is the real one where there is more noticeable side effects

When the nurse asked me if I felt ok when my 15 minutes

Feb 26, 2021, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Got my shot today ]

was up, I told her no. "It made me feel old, arthritic, and obese!" She gave me a dirty look, obviously not the first time she had gotten a geniusly witty repartee reply.

Feb 26, 2021, 10:46 AM

I have an appointment for March 10.

--Henry David Thoreau

I got mine today as well, but mine is the Pfizer variety.

Feb 26, 2021, 3:24 PM

It may have some side effects later, but honestly, that nurse did the best job I have ever had a nurse do of not hurting me with the needle directly. After the alcohol swab, I genuinely did not feel the shot at all! I complimented her on that, for sure.

I still remember a (at the time) middle aged nurse at the family doctor's clinic I went to as a kid. I won't name her, but she actually took perverse pleasure in hurting people with shots, I believe. She would literally take aim from three feet away, and depress the plunger as fast as humanly possible once she had driven the needle in up to the hilt when giving a shot. She was the poster child for all the phobias people have about being scared of needles.

It would not surprise me at all to find out she had a collection of studded dog collars, whips, and plastic ball mouth gags at home. :(

Somebody TD'ed you getting the vaccine. Come on, guys.

Feb 26, 2021, 3:35 PM

Really?

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic