Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Mar 22, 2021, 7:58 AM

Friday night, did some running around to get ready for Saturday, a little CFA for supper then a calm night in.

Saturday, out of the bed at 6:30 to do a little more running around. I think I got the butts on sometime between 9 and 10. First one came off at 4:30 the other about 5:30 just as Shorty pulled up to eat my butt. Drank some beer, pushed down a tree, burned up about half of the stuff in my yard I wanted to burn.

Sunday, I was hurting, not from the beer but from being on my feet most of the time between 6:30a and 1am. Got out of bed a like noon, went to the South East Punk Flea Market, that was an interesting time. Stopped at Pete's for a late lunch then home to clean up the mess that pushing down a tree caused.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another good one

Mar 22, 2021, 8:03 AM

Fri - Spent the day fishing with my dad and brother, pizza and a movie fri night. Stayed up late to watch Clemson lose (was dumb b/c up at 5:30 next morning).

Sat - Met my fishing partner at the ramp for a tournament. Neither of us brought a boat. He went back home for his boat, launched a little late, ended up 5/18. Thought for sure we were in the money but were not. Family over for birthday celebration.

Sun - Church in the morning, McJr opened presents for his birthday, played outside, power went out, picked up Moe's and ate at the park for dinner.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Neither of us brought a boat"

Mar 22, 2021, 8:46 AM

I found this statement pretty effing hilarious. Just pointing it out

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cold but good

Mar 22, 2021, 8:05 AM

Saturday outside all day training new water monitoring volunteers- it’s that time of year when the water in the creek was warmer than the air.

Cookout at boss’ house after

Sunday usual fried chicken at mommer’s

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Welp, the Tigers didn't get swept but I didn't die

Mar 22, 2021, 8:05 AM

Friday - Watched a disaster of a basketball game. Did have a good gyro from Tiger Pizza and subs

Sattidy - Took a drive to TR, Landrum and Tryon, cuz, why not. Had a great lunch at Hare and the Hound, a turkey, bacon, swiss and cranberry sammich washed down with a Thomas Crik IPA.

Sunday - Watched hoops and golf. Cooked fajitas. Determined once again my brackets are busted.

9.6/10 - Wood due a gin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

That is indeed a 9.6/10 weekend, however the

Mar 22, 2021, 8:43 AM

Thomas Creek beverage is an automatic 2 point deduction. My apologies, but I don't make the rulse.

celtic_tiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They didn't have many snooty IPA's and I really didn't want

Mar 22, 2021, 9:03 AM

The Bell's 2 Hearted.

Was not that bad.

Beat the hells of the Mich Ultra Ms. Wilbur had.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Who is this "Shorty" you speak of and did he enjoy

Mar 22, 2021, 8:07 AM

eating your butt?

He used to come around these parts but

Mar 22, 2021, 8:33 AM

got a little lost along the way. He did enjoy it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is this "Shorty" you speak of and did he enjoy

Mar 22, 2021, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Who is this "Shorty" you speak of and did he enjoy ]

He be traipsing around WNC these days looking for old footyball stadiums...

Yeah baby........paying the price

Mar 22, 2021, 8:15 AM

Friday - grabbed kids early from after school as it was so nice out. Went to the park and played hard for a couple of hours. We all then went to Mexican dinner at a new spot in town....it was really good. Got home, watched movie and kids went to bed. Wife went to bed, I went down to the Eagles and drank too much.

Saturday - kids slept till 830, which is very rare, but it was amazing. Basketbal, playground, baseball in the yard, bike riding (not me) and lots of other activities. Basically outside all day. Went to a friends house for dinner and let the kids play. Wife of Manac was a maniac and got all margarita drunk, so I only had 2 beers. Got home, Manacwife passed out almost instantly after we got kids to bed. I had thoughts of going out, but just sat and watched basketball and listened to music.

Sunday - repeat of Saturday, outside all day. Easter Egg hunt. Kids and wife went to in laws for dinner. I went out to dinner with some friends and watched basketball. Drank a lot of Oberon and Bulleit....like A LOT. Oberon is so good on tap.

I am now paying the price for all the crap food, beer, liquor

9/10 - minus a point for having a broken leg and not being able to bike or run in this glorious weather.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Mar 22, 2021, 8:18 AM

ok...kind of meh. I watched some good basketball. I did find a sushi place that was awesome. It surprised me because it was in NC and better than any place I ever had in Fla. Other than that the weekend was...meh.

It was everything I thought it would be.

Mar 22, 2021, 8:19 AM

Friday, finished work and went to hang out with RH Mom for a bit. Came home and ate burgers and fries. Settled in to watch the holy shining light that is a Brad Brownell-coached basketball team shrink and melt under the intense spotlight of a prime time national TV audience. Even my dog knew that you FOUL a 57% free throw shooting team at the end, but somehow a millionaire coach doesn't. Flipped over to watch the second half of the Winthrop game just to make sure that any reason I had for keeping up with the tournament was smashed to bits like taking a metal baseball bat to the skull of an osteoporosis patient.

Saturday, Mrs. and I continued the tradition of morning coffee and vinyl record Select-O-Pick. Finally got moving and got a few chores in, walked pup, then off to replace the desk chair that broke last week. Few options of places to look, but made 4 stops and found either overpriced junk or super nice stuff that required hours mortgage paperwork. Ended up with nothing, so rather than take a chance on the comfort of something from an online retailer, I'll ride up to the office and steal one this week. Came home and ate some veggie soup and cornbread, gathered gear and left for MEDIUM volume acoustic jam. Great practice, got our set down for the private party gig this coming Saturday.

Sunday, slow moving in the morning, finally got going with a long hike with the pup. Then, off to the grocery. Back home to practice bass for a bit, the arepas, tostones, and pickled red onion for supper. Mrs. was watching a show called Wayne on Amazon Prime which turned out to be weird and hilarious, will continue watching. Then flipped over to watch Walking/Talking Dead and crashed after.

18.40/19 Covids, suffering the consequences of the Brownell note and chair shopping for the deductions, but on the positive side Clemson wins a baseball series against a respectable opponent, and our women's basketball team with a losing record went one round farther in a tournament than the men managed to this year.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2021, 8:21 AM

Friday - Spent the day at Reformation Brewing in Woodstock with the owner drinking beer for free. Plus it was for 'work' so that helps.

Saturday - Woke up and LOLed at Clemson losing in shooty hoops. Tons of yard work. Split the last of the rounds for next years fire wood. I picked up an 8-lb Fiskars maul. It's the ####. Picked up a bottle of Whistle Pig 10-year. It's delicious.

https://www.fiskars.com/en-us/gardening-and-yard-care/products/axes-mauls-and-machetes/fiskars-pro-isocore-wood-splitting-maul-8lb-36-751110-1004

Sunday - Replaced some broken fence rails where trees fell on them. Played in the yard with the kids and enjoyed the weather.

Little wet, little drippy

Mar 22, 2021, 8:27 AM

Friday: left work came home and watched basketball. Probably ate pizza.

Saturday: up early and headed to Cootlumbia, daughter's team did OK. Came home watched basketball and some TV. It's been a while sinced I've grilled, was ruminating on this an didn't even eat.

Sunday: slept in a bit missed church, caught Chelsea in some FA Cup action. Spent the majority of the afternoon outside in a very nice spring-ish day. Wife of got mad at me over what, I have no idea. Marriage, lol.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday, don't remember

Mar 22, 2021, 8:31 AM

Saturday, up early. Cleaning lady coming that morning. Spent all day riding around the farm and the hunting club. Then helped BIL unload a 500lb whole home generator.

Sunday: Lazy day, didn't do much.

Waiting on the inspector now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

kinda ho-hum, but OK

Mar 22, 2021, 8:35 AM

Fri - drove the new Tacoma to Atlanta to help move more stuff for BIL, dinner at Joe's Pizza , best pie had there to date, so will go back. Sat - had a guy over to aerate the lower yard, then drove to Gville to amuse older Grandson while his parents went out to party with friends. Sun - spread fescue/bermuda seed over the aerated lower yard, then covered in straw. Should have a nice lower yard for the deer to trample every nite. Did some more fencing around the garden area, then pan-seared scallops for dinner with risotto, b-sprouts and a nice Old Soul Pinot Noir. Woke up at 10pm in recliner after snoring woke me up.....

Niice...

Mar 22, 2021, 8:43 AM

Friday night met wife-of and daughter-of at Fuji Steakhouse in Anderson. Hot MILF also seated at table, which is cool. Watch Clemson BB do what they do in tourny. That last 2 minutes was tough to watch.

Saturday, daughter-of and I had pre-game ritual breakfast at Mama Penn's. We steam-rolled other team in play-offs winning 32-11. Score was 18-11 at the half, so we shut them out in 2nd half. And actually they got to 11 by hitting a half court shot at the buzzer at the half. Total domination with our star player running about 50% due to allergy attack. Daughter-of had 9 pts, 4 blocks, and a lot of rebounds. Championship game next week. Put a boston butt in the crock-pot in the morning and had pulled-pork sammies for dinner. I have come to the conclusion that a butt done well in the crock pot (meaning with apple cider vinegar and a drop of liquid smoke) is just about as good as one done on the smoker and is a whole lot easier.

Sunday, cook a good breakfast spread, watch some netflix with wife-of. Went to go on a walk with the wife and find 8 boys playing basketball in driveway with son-of. Haven't shared on here, but he's had (and family has had) a really tough last 10-12 weeks or so....he was happier than a pig in sheet having that many guys playing with him. Did some planning for family trip to Williamsburg/DC/Baltimore/Philly in 2 weeks. Left over pork for dinner.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you want some good mexican in lectric city

Mar 22, 2021, 8:57 AM

check out Taco Loco, they got great meats

https://website-25512577756713153915-mexicanrestaurant.business.site/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yeah, we've been a couple of times. Is good!***

Mar 22, 2021, 9:30 AM

Bought two new vinyl, Changesonebowie and Dylan & The Dead

Mar 22, 2021, 8:50 AM

cause I was stuck in Barnes and Noble and found something to look at.

Daughter got her ears pierced for a second time so me and the boys had to kill time in B&N and REI. Did a good bit of trail running this weekend, about 16 miles, with the kids in tow on bikes. USNWC is starting to pop with the river flowing again, I really love that place. Ate some decent food this weekend, celebrated daughter's 10th birthday early yesterday, going to celebrate again tonight. My oldest kid has hit double digits which means I am getting old AF. Son lost a tooth last night so that set me back another $5. It was an expensive weekend at home.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's hoping there's a music schedule at USNWC this summer!***

Mar 22, 2021, 8:52 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm hoping so, but I am betting not. I am a pessimist

Mar 22, 2021, 8:56 AM

though, so I hope I am wrong. Lots of people there, bikes galore, kayaks, etc. It was hopping.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5$ ? How do you get that many nickels under his pillow?

Mar 22, 2021, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Bought two new vinyl, Changesonebowie and Dylan & The Dead ]

Congrats on raising a spoiled brat kid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Thanks?

Mar 22, 2021, 10:34 AM

Bizzy.

Mar 22, 2021, 8:52 AM

Thursday: supposed to get a Covid shot at 10am, and get a cracked filling repaired at 3pm. Both canceled because forecasters were predicting up to 12mph winds and up to .18" of rain. Both came true, so thankfully I was able to shelter in place, and didn't have to go out in that apocalyptic weather. And the kids got a half day out of it.

Friday: rescheduled Covid shot at DHEC. Got that done. Helped dad pick up a camper he's had parked for a few years that he's "loaning" to my sister. Went surprisingly smoothly. Grabbed lunch at the new Charleston Sports Pub in my lil neck of the woods, never been to any of them. First real day of the Dance, so it was pretty crowded, but not so much that we couldn't still keep reasonable distancing. Good burger, MIGHT even be worth the $12.99 regular price, but definitely worth the half-price Monday spot (might go hit that tonight, matter o fact). Truffle burger:

Watched Clemson lose to Buttgers. This is my shocked face.

Saturday: grabbed breffiss with pops at Eggs Up Grill. I realize I'm posting a lot of food pics, but when it's relatively exceptional, it's worth mentioning. I love eggs bene. I love Philly cheesesteaks. Ain't never seen any place combine the two until Saturday. Philly cheesesteak eggs benedict:

Fuckall, that was good. Pointed truck towards Asheville. Stopped through Greenvegas to see mumbo and grab some pecan for smoking, since he just took down an entire tree with his bare hands. And probably a chainsaw and a rented log splitter and some other people helping. I had to hop a chainlink fence and then go Magnus Ver Magnussen on a couple base chunks that never made it to his side of the fence--were probably 140 and 120 lbs. respectively, and I did not enjoy it even a little.

Get to Asheville and finally see the slabs of wood from the Death Valley white oak tree that were milled some 5 years ago, and drying ever since (and meet the guy who QB'd that whole thing, good to finally see him in person). Those slabs are absurdly heavy, even after drying. Mine is roughly 9'x 4-4.5' (natural edge so it varies) and a good 3" thick, if not more. Mumbo's calculation put it at 423 lbs. It's probably a wee bit less than that, but either way, completely impractical in it's current form. I'm going to see if a mill can slice it in half (thickness-wise) to make it slightly more manageable. First area of focus will be a slightly easier project: coffee table from a cross-section.

It's going to need some hefty reinforcement--the horizontal split in this pic is not hanging on by much, so I'm thinking a metal plate on the bottom and some bowties should do the trick. Some orange (and maybe purple) epoxy resin, and some metal legs my friend's son can make, should turn this into a pretty legit piece. I'm excite.

Stopped in Cola and saw my aunt and uncle--haven't seen my aunt since pre-pandemic. We're both on our first shots, so the finish line (kinda) is close. She misses my kids. Had a buddy come help unload the slabs at 9pm after a long day of travel. Covid shot had started kicking my ass a bit on the car ride, around 30-34 hours in, and I thought I was going to crash early. But actually started feeling better, and ended up staying up way too late drinking with the buddy who helped move the slabs.

Sunday: total lump of shit.

Here's what the big slab looks like:

This is what the guy who got the center slabs did with it--18' conference room table, so that's roughly what it'll look like.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice food pics. Been a while since I have eaten at Eggs Up.

Mar 22, 2021, 11:43 AM

Except for the mater.

The table looks nice, but what are the pics on top of it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It looks like it's just a bit of historical info on the

Mar 22, 2021, 12:03 PM

tree. The guy still thinks it's red oak, and he's still wrong. There's a slightly closer pic of the graphic on the table on his site: https://clemsonoaktable.com/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

installed a new roller brush in my

Mar 22, 2021, 8:55 AM
freak2.jpg(285.1 K)
tall.jpg(274.3 K)

Oreck, pretty much runs on it own now

Had some good saisons at Carolina Bauerhaus on Friday, the circus freak was better

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Did you have some circus freak? ;)***

Mar 22, 2021, 9:04 AM

Mar 22, 2021, 9:00 AM

Friday: did nothing

Saturday: watched some golf, helped ms midland with some house cleaning, ordered Chinese takeout for dinner

Sunday: watched golf, helped ms midland move some furniture in her office since our Governor is sending them back to the office

6/10

Hookers and blow ordered......

Mar 22, 2021, 9:32 AM

Grannie just left for mountains with her sisters. So weekend party starts now.

Stayed up Friday night and watched one and done.

Sattidy got up late. Watched cartoons and got baked. Watched Shadow of the Cat on Sveengolie. One smart Tabby.

Sunday got up late. Watched basketball and NASCAR. Cooked whole chicken in Instantpot on slow cook setting. Made Chicken and dumplings. Just shredded chicken and saute setting for dumplings.

Where the hookers and blow?

very solid - finally decent weather

Mar 22, 2021, 9:59 AM

Fri - weekly steak night. one of the better steaks I've cooked...reverse sear via smoke w/ the cast iron over the flame. was allsome. getting to flex on some wines I like since dawghater2she ain't drankin cuz preggers, so got to pair it with a bordeaux. had a great mid afternoon sheet wrasslin session to cut off a dry spell cuz preggers - 8/10

cracked open my bottle of old forrester statesman. fantastic bourbon for the price, and will be one of my staples moving forward.

Sat - mostly went and test drove a bunch of cars w/ the wife. MDX, Highlander, VW Atlas, Lexus RX, MB something. of all the cars, the MDX was by far my favorite, but too expensive and seemed overly electronic. i married the right woman b/c she wants the highlander #yodafam

after driving and riding in cars, we past an outback and I couldn't resist. big ole miller lite + bloomin onion LFGGGGG!!! also had another steak b/c i hadn't eaten all day and yolo. cheap chain, suburban sprawl, idgaf it was delicious. - 8/10

Sun - cooked us a dope breakfast bowl, then it was yard work and errands. got the truck cleaned up for first time in months. re-sprayed yard for weeds. they got weeds here I ain't never seen before so it's been a #####. plus the people we bought the house from didn't do jack ####. pretty sure they're FBCoach material, but whatever. cooked some burgers and wound down drinking some heady IPAs.

was about a sleep and wife woke me up so I snuck it in the back door - 9 / 10

pretty sore, but got a lot done. only knock was clemson loss and no golf (hopefully last of the season). while cleaning out my truck I found a sack full of gummies, so that's tight.

first weekend in i don't remember when w/ no tokin

pumped for the short week. we're beach bound Tuesday after work

Profitable.

Mar 22, 2021, 10:08 AM

This house in my neighborhood just sold for 60k over asking:

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Austin/7412-Janes-Ranch-Rd-78744/home/144002987

It's right around the block from mine, on a busier street, and is nearly identical in features to mine.

I feel like I should list my house soon.

It is about time for you to move.***

Mar 22, 2021, 12:44 PM

Mar 22, 2021, 10:58 AM

Called a foosball game in Pisgah Friday night.

I ate aero’s butt Satday. Even the darker parts were good.

Did some work round the house Sunday.

WHO DAFUGG IS THIS GUY?***

Mar 22, 2021, 11:11 AM

What’s a scok?***

Mar 22, 2021, 11:20 AM

as usual, Covid ruins plans

Mar 22, 2021, 11:25 AM

so I had to go to the 3 Clemson baseball games instead.
Oddly, wind was blowing OUT this weekend, which happens maybe once a year. Usually screaming in from Lake Hartwell.

Very good!!!

Mar 22, 2021, 12:16 PM

Friday: cooked Chicken and watched basketball, read and went to sleep.

Saturday: Worked a little, bush hogged, watched basketball, ate leftovers, drank a few beers.

Sunday: Worked a little, ate with mom, picked up MfOjr. listened to the race, watched basketball, put puzzle together, played "tickle match" with MfOjr. read and bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Helped 19B and his dad. load up some pecan that I had cut down.

Mar 22, 2021, 12:58 PM

19B is still a youngster in the relative sense, so he was enlisted to hop fence to acquire two chunks of pecan tree that the tree guy left on the wrong side of the fence. In a spirit of brotherhood of the Jounge, I lifted the pecan chunks onto his truck as a gesture of charity, and to keep 19B from herniating something. 19B, Sr. was a pleasure to meet.

Sunday was Connie's 2 year anniversary of the liver transplant, and we cooked pizza and celebrated the event responsibly. There was much laughter and good times had by all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Thankya again for the BBQ fodder. I'll make sure some

Mar 22, 2021, 3:34 PM

brisket finds your facehole.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic