Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Left Tackle Reality...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Left Tackle Reality...

Jul 9, 2015, 11:50 PM

Remember my high hopes going into GA opener last year, now we have new and real question... Will FR left tackle be a problem? We are LOADED at skill positions, but with O LINE problems it will kill us. I remember WELL sitting in Georgia Dome in bowdens last year and getting KILLED by Bama up front! And I have heard that Dabo was going with the Fr anyway before Battle came out and announced his departure

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bro it's completely different era's

Jul 10, 2015, 12:00 AM

Yea, we may be a little thin on depth on the OL. But it's nothing like Bowden's "light and quick" 260 lb offensive line.

We've come a long way since those days...

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Bro it's completely different era's

Jul 10, 2015, 7:29 AM

and you can relate all our problems recuiting O-Linemen to Bowden & RickRod's "light and quick" linemen any good one knew he didn't have a chance in the pros at 260 and other schools used that against us. We are finally turning the corner on O-Lines

Re: Bro it's completely different era's

Jul 10, 2015, 9:47 AM

the freshmen we have are more skilled and a better quality than years past.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Left Tackle Reality...

Jul 10, 2015, 3:16 AM

> Remember my high hopes going into GA opener last
> year, now we have new and real question... Will FR
> left tackle be a problem? We are LOADED at skill
> positions, but with O LINE problems it will kill us.
> I remember WELL sitting in Georgia Dome in bowdens
> last year and getting KILLED by Bama up front! And I
> have heard that Dabo was going with the Fr anyway
> before Battle came out and announced his departure

their is zero chance Battle wouldn't have been on the field as a starter to begin this season.

ZERO

Jul 10, 2015, 5:18 AM

Well, its zero now. Hyatt is a 5-star LT freshman, not a 2-star desperate project. Cant change the fact that Battle is gone. Move on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2015, 5:39 AM

Well, when you sign 2-3 OL/year and most seem to not pan out you get these issues.

Better hope Hyatt is the real deal and does not tweak a knee, end up with back issues, personal issues, weed, whatever.

But homers like fencebusters would be calling awesome if the coaches put a wax figure as starting LT.

Jul 10, 2015, 5:47 AM

Homer????? LOL, as in a Clemson fan that doesnt want to be gloom and doom? LOL, I got your "homer".

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2015, 5:52 AM

When did I say doom & gloom? But, you stick your head in the sand homers don't really care that our most important OT position protecting likely the best QB in the History of Clemson is a true Frosh.

Yea, no concern. Look at our OL recruiting & numbers the last 4 years. Or, just blow the coaches.

Jul 10, 2015, 5:55 AM

My head is in the sand because I think Hyatt is going to do a good job??? Man, who pissed in your wheaties this morning. Ive been following Clemson football for over 40 years. Ive seen very good offensive lines and very bad offensive lines. You can count on one hand the number of 5-star offensive linemen Clemson has signed over those last 40 years. Dont think Im the only one that thinks Hyatt will be pretty good at Clemson.

Jul 10, 2015, 7:00 AM

Did I say he was not going to be good? I said better hope he does not get hurt or have other issues that seem to plague our OL. Because, who is his backup?

If you don't the concern at OL then you can have fun reminiscing about 40 years ago,

Jul 10, 2015, 7:11 AM

"Because, who is his backup?"

Did anyone address who Hyatt's backup will be? That is an interesting question. I know Hyatt is going to be awesome, but I highly doubt he plays EVERY down.

And another NEW question:
Is anyone worried when Hyatt's backup (whomever that is) is in the game?

Hearing good things about Maverick Morris

Jul 10, 2015, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Left Tackle Reality... ]

he could be a backup and also hearing Falcinelli is ready.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Hearing good things about Maverick Morris

Jul 10, 2015, 7:25 AM

please tiger, guess you missed the memo. we are doomed. losing battle hurt no doubt, more for depth than anything. battle is a 1st rounder with a free agent heart. guess these doom and gloomers missed mitch going up against the best d end he will see all year in the spring game and holding his own nicely after being on campus 3 months. this board is so full of glass half empty people it is really sad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go back to FGF UnWiseCoot

Jul 10, 2015, 6:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Left Tackle Reality... ]

And your sinking ship of a football program

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Go back to FGF UnWiseCoot

Jul 10, 2015, 6:56 AM

Yea, I'm a coot. Typical Tigernet idiots.

If you don't think there is a major concern losing Battle and our LT position this season then you're the coot.

Look at out OL takes the last few years, especially 2012, the only 2-3 takes a year and the issues we've had with OLs not panning out, for whatever reason.

Or, just call me a coot. Hope that makes you feel better.

Re: Go back to FGF UnWiseCoot

Jul 10, 2015, 8:05 AM

Good points.

Swinney has--up untill now, not been able to muster a decent offensive line. Recruiters could not get them in here.

Bowden really sucked at getting the "hogs"

Tommy West was an abject failure at recruiting lineman. Very nice guy, though

Hatfield was probably the worst. The year he was fired, I remember looking at his recruiting and the largest kid he could recruit---I think was 240lbs. Did well as long as he had the use of Danny's recruits.

Time will tell about Swinney. Finally they attracted a couple of real "hogs"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2015, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Left Tackle Reality... ]

The coot got you to bite that bare hook.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jul 10, 2015, 7:49 AM

Another fool. I'm no coot.

Jul 10, 2015, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Left Tackle Reality... ]

The cootness is strong with this one.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2015, 9:18 AM

How? Because I'm concerned at LT? The depth, the loss of likely the starter at LT? Concern that I'd rather not see the best QB in CU history not get his clocked cleaned because of said LT issues?

Please, tell me how I'm a coot, fruit.

Jul 10, 2015, 9:33 AM

Because anybody who comes on here this pissed off slinging darts at people is 99.99999% of the time a coot.

But calling me a fruit? That was just uncalled for.

Jul 10, 2015, 9:41 AM

Really? I said I was concerned about the LT position and was called a coot from you. So, I called you a fruit.

I'm an alum of Clemson. God forbid that someone on here expresses the concern on our oline, especially with Watson the one that could really get hurt. Fruit.

Jul 10, 2015, 9:44 AM

Apparently you have one hell of a sense of humor as well. My last name is Lemon. I've been called a fruit my whole life so I was being sarcastic.

######.

Jul 10, 2015, 9:49 AM

Wow, you're a sour fruit as well.

Jul 10, 2015, 12:27 PM

Go back to FGF dude...it's clear you're not an alum when you're this incomprehensible. It's been explained to you in several different ways, by several different posters and even in layman terms, and you still don't get it. So if it walks like a coot and talks like a coot...well must be a coot! Any true Clemson fan can see the optimism for this season, and I trust our coaching staff to do what's right for our team to protect its biggest asset. Battle was and always has been a "me first" player. Losing him, as talented as he was may have been a blessing in disguise. There was many plays he took off, or didn't give 110% effort. Mitch Hyatt doesn't represent that, and I'm sure he has already hit the ground running with the position. He's a 5* OT for a reason, and other players behind him were recruited to Clemson and given a scholarship for a reason. These players will get it done and I'm confident in that, just as any "true fan" would be. Plus with DW4 and our talented arsenal, our OL only has to block 2-3 seconds to light up the scoreboard.

Jul 10, 2015, 5:15 PM

I don't care which program in FBS...there is always a concern in starting a Fr at left tackle. Given the choice, most coaches wouldn't. We, however, are in the best possible position to pull it off. We're starting the no.1 Fr tackle in all the land. Any and everyone that has seen Hyatt says the same thing....he's nasty tough, he's smart and he's as skilled as any who have come out of HS in the last 10 years. Since we're going to start a Fr., there isn't a better one to do it.

Here's my projection. Our schedule is set up to our advantage. Wofford and App. St will be great experience in "real time". He'll get looks at different defenses and by all accounts Hyatt learns quick and has a very high football IQ. First 2 games, great experience builder.

Louisville: They going to come right at him. They're great at confusing the blitz and he'll struggle early in the 1st quarter. I think initially we'll run Gallman off of Hyatt's right shoulder to show them we aint skeered and we have confidence in him. We'll run some roll out rights to give him breathers and saint Watson will hit Williams for about 20 across the middle... a lot. By 2nd quarter Hyatt gets it and starts owning the left side. Pass protection, road grading for the run, stepping out and sealing for Scott's sweeps.... By the end of the game Hyatt owns it and we win by 22.

Smart men see challenge and obstacles as opportunities. Hyatt is a smart guy and isn't afraid of anything. After pounding Louisville, no one is going to worry about Hyatt anymore. Falcinelli's ready, Morris is coming along.... aint nothing but kicking #### and taking names the rest of the ride.

Go Tigers!

Jul 10, 2015, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Left Tackle Reality... ]

When did I say I was not optimistic for the season? I said better hope Hyatt does not get hurt because the OL is thin. The RT has 3 starts to his belt, 3.

Yea, question my alumni status Mr sports information. And, look at our OL takes these last few years, especially in 2012 - the men who should be the centerpiece of the team. If you really don't think this is concerning then, great, you be those fans.

Or, just be like the PC police of this day & age. I don't like it so I'm calling you a coot.

I hope I'm wrong but if I'm right im not the one paying for it. And, lol at the FGF. Some of you homers have nothing else to go by for any criticism of CU football.

Jul 10, 2015, 6:31 PM

Exactly my point...if you're optimistic, why worry? We have 3 (3*-4*) RS players, and another top OT early enrollee as backups who should be ready to contribute. With DW4, quality TE and RB depth we can compensate scheme-wise so why worry? Not only that but we have great coaches who can adapt to these thin areas and keep on clicking. So as a true fan who is optimistic about the season, why worry about the loss of 1 player?

Jul 10, 2015, 7:38 PM

Brickwall, cord. Not wasting my time anymore with this clown.

Jul 10, 2015, 7:44 PM

Are you the same fencebusters that was run out of TI? If so, good riddance.

A coot infested thread. Coot football must be BORING!***

Jul 10, 2015, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Left Tackle Reality... ]

Wisetiger...

Jul 10, 2015, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Left Tackle Reality... ]

He MAD. Lol. This coot's only reasons for partaking in this discussion is:

1. To Troll
2. Bc one of his buds at work said something along the lines of "you should hear the idiots on t-net, they think their gonna be better without Battle. They've got another thing coming."
***And figured you'd be the one to let us know that?

Since you're a coot, and not very familiar with our personel, let me break it down for you.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1464700

Good luck to him.

Jul 10, 2015, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Left Tackle Reality... ]

If he loves Clemson he will return to socialize with the coaches, players and fans and attempt to continue contributing to our program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good luck to him.

Jul 10, 2015, 7:15 AM

Battle loves himself. Whether he went to Clemson, or another school, what we saw is who he is. Count me among the very surprised if he returns as a 'favorite son'...simply don't see it in his DNA. What I do sense is he'll blame Clemson for his life's failings, but not any of his success. I wish him the best...but the easy way is seldom the right way. He's very lucky to have been drafted...very lucky.

Jul 10, 2015, 7:33 AM

Wisea$$ tiger, if you think tigernet is full of it and YOU are the only one that sees issues and concerns, then maybe tigernet isn't for you. OUR concerns have nothing to do with reality. Reality is on the field, not in your mind. Stop being a dumba$$ and smack talking everyone that doesn't agree with you.

Jul 10, 2015, 7:39 AM

Again, you fail to read & understand. You don't see the concern, especially with the best QB we've had forever, then go stick your head in the sand. LT is one of the most important positions on the field and we're depending on a true Frosh.

The reality could be awful and I'm getting tired of the OL concerns and lack of depth every year.

But, typical Tnet. Only want to hear sunshine & roses.

Jul 10, 2015, 8:03 AM

Its like talking to a brick wall. Homer. Stick head in sand. Sunshine and roses. Typical Tnet. Yep, dumba$$ coot through and through. You keep repeating yourself hoping that everyone will head praise on you for being "wise". LOL

Jul 10, 2015, 8:10 AM

Sure, if that makes you feel better. Bash the messenger if you don't agree with what they say - and I'm talking about even the OP.

And, you really are a fool to think I'm a coot, but, that's typical here. You don't agree with my full homerism then you must be a coot.

Are you a liberal as well? You have the same logic.

Jul 10, 2015, 9:03 AM

LOL....like I said, brickwall. Sorry, wisea$$, Im no liberal, though you yourself sound like one. You sound like a misguided drunk teenager. lol

Jul 10, 2015, 9:24 AM

You really don't get it. I'm neither a kindergarten teacher nor a nursing home rec therapist, so I'd rather not explain.

Jul 10, 2015, 8:12 AM

The Mitch is a stud and will be up for the challenge this year... Will there be some growing pains yes... Luckily there are two warmup games this year, allowing significant snaps for the entire o-line. Lawson will be breaking The Mitch in very nicely come august... Don't forget that he also faced some top talents in high school... Kimdeeche etc. IMO the tigers only need an slightly above average to average line this year. The O is loaded with a absurd amount of weapons... Blitzing Watson dose not workout very well

Don't believe everything you hear.***

Jul 10, 2015, 9:21 AM

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic