Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gilliam is not a closer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Gilliam is not a closer

Mar 4, 2018, 5:09 PM

Walks too many men and gets behind every hitter

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The real problem is terrible defense. We have 2 errors, but

Mar 4, 2018, 5:13 PM

if not for "friendly" official scoring, we really have 4 errors.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gilliam is not a closer

Mar 4, 2018, 5:20 PM

Looks like he closed it

Mar 4, 2018, 5:24 PM

If that’s what you want to call it

Mar 4, 2018, 5:25 PM

This guy is a clown if he thinks THAT is closing it

Mar 4, 2018, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Gilliam is not a closer ]

Glad U don’t coach. U must have no killer instinct

Mar 4, 2018, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Gilliam is not a closer ]

Obviously you don’t know what closing a baseball game means.

Mar 4, 2018, 6:01 PM

People literally td u for stating an obvious fact

Mar 4, 2018, 6:04 PM

It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 4, 2018, 6:11 PM

The guy said Gilliam is not a closer l. Walks to many people and gets behind batters. How in the heck else is he supposed to state his opinion?

Mar 4, 2018, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Gilliam is not a closer ]

Yeah I know and don’t care
It is what it is , Gilliam would best be suited as a middle reliever.
You need somebody with better control to close out games.

Mar 4, 2018, 6:07 PM

Always looking for that negative point in a game. How about the fact that Wharton came through in crunch time. Better story than talking smack on one of our pitchers. I got a suggestion, call Monte and discuss it with him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2018, 6:08 PM

Monte has no more room in the dugout .

Especially for feathered imposters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 4, 2018, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Gilliam is not a closer ]

Oh I’m sorry I guess you haven’t read any my posts. It looks more to me like you’re the one going around finding something to ##### about

Mar 4, 2018, 6:12 PM

I don't think you're really sorry .

DB23

Mar 4, 2018, 6:13 PM

Not even close

I see ur point but he has a right post his opinion here.

Mar 4, 2018, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Gilliam is not a closer ]

Now I mean nothing personal. Sometimes in a forum for people to be upfront about their opinions you must expect some to have negative opinions. It is their right to present them just as you have the right to post a different point of view.
No harm in posting opinions until we come across that person occasionally who believes there is no opinion other than his/ her own.

Re: I see ur point but he has a right post his opinion here.

Mar 4, 2018, 6:29 PM

Truth!

Mar 4, 2018, 6:11 PM

I totally agree. But when you post things that are anti tigers on here even if they are true people get all ruffled. He is a set up guy. The lack of control will cost us at the end. Most level headed fans want to see us be complete at the end of the season. Now is the time to define roles. Gilliam is a middle reliever or a set up guy.

Mar 4, 2018, 6:13 PM

Finally some sense on here.

Mar 4, 2018, 6:14 PM

Because someone takes a self processed "baseball knowledge" name on a thread does not necessarily make you knowledgable. Just sayin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2018, 6:32 PM

I agree. I think if u read all my posts since I’ve started on tnet you will change your thinking fence. Have a good day. Go Tigers!

Mar 4, 2018, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Gilliam is not a closer ]

I'm looking at the state payroll to see who is actually getting paid to coach the team. I only see one name, so if Monte wants to replace Gilliam after 11 games as a closer, he might or might not come to Tigernet for advice.

Mar 4, 2018, 6:14 PM

You have got to be a frat ######. U sure as #### act like one. Big man behind your keyboard i see

Mar 4, 2018, 6:15 PM

LOL drats, another 12 year old thinking he is being bullied by someone with a keyboard. LOL Kids today.

Mar 4, 2018, 6:17 PM

Caution fencebusters ... he may be wearing spurs .

DB23

Mar 4, 2018, 6:20 PM

Hahahahahaha, Spurs up? Play dead? Football, baseball, basketball, all play dead and yet, can't resist coming over talking smack after losing in baseball for the 4th year in a row. Done with this teen. Time to watch reruns of Andy Griffith, more entertaining.

Mar 4, 2018, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Gilliam is not a closer ]

Nah he is not a frat boy just a big ole fan boy .
One that takes a free message board way too seriously

Mar 4, 2018, 6:21 PM

And another coot showing his feathers, coming to the defense of the other idiot. Well done, 577.

Mar 4, 2018, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Gilliam is not a closer ]

....and Dabo can't properly handle quarterbacks .

#amirite?

DB23

Mar 4, 2018, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Gilliam is not a closer ]

Wow! What started as an innocent comment (opinion ) on a message board has turned into a full fledged school yard fight. Love it. Gilliam is a very valuable part of our team. Today his fastball was not very accurate. He could not locate his curve either. That made him have to serve it up. And they hit it hard!! So today he was not a closer , but a survivor. I'll take it. He's gotta get better control going forward.

Mar 4, 2018, 6:31 PM

He’s got the “out”pitches. For him it’s all about getting ahead and then being able to control the at bat

Mar 4, 2018, 6:21 PM

Until today, he had an 1.69 ERA, 5.1 innings pitched, four hits, two runs, 1 earned run, 3 BB and 11 SOs.
Not the best record in the world but not too shabby. Two SOs per inning probably negates the BBs and hits.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2018, 6:34 PM

Throw out the numbers. He’s blown 2 saves and we’ve only played 11 games. Errors or no errors he struggles.

Mar 4, 2018, 6:35 PM

Gilliam is a good closer...He was used improperly this weekend...hopefully Monte can get him back on schedule and a clear cut setup guy starts to take shape. He threw over 70 pitches this weekend alone in all appearances...not good for a closer. Mix in fatigue with him being a 2 pitch arsenal pitcher....not a good recipe.

He will be fine.

Message was edited by: jsebe10®

Message was edited by: jsebe10®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 4, 2018, 6:58 PM

hahaha what? ok he shouldn't be fatigued first of all and if he is it's b/c his bloodpressure is out the roof and tires out quickly and he throws a lot of balls. And yes he was misused b/c he was put out there to begin with. The closer is supposed to shut the door. He doesn't do that. How else is a closer supposed to be used?

Mar 4, 2018, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Gilliam is not a closer ]

He came in the 8th inning on Friday and only needed to record 5 outs. Couldn't do it. Came in today and only needed 5 outs. couldn't save it. Didn't blow it at least

Mar 5, 2018, 10:02 AM

Generally closers are used for just the 9th inning, so by bringing them in during the 8th that is essentially "misusing" them. It makes perfect sense that he would be a little fatigued after having to come in for more than 1 inning a game. He's a kid and closers don't hold back like a starter would.

I also find it funny that you say "Didn't blow it at least," however, earlier in the thread you mentioned he did.

Mar 4, 2018, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Gilliam is not a closer ]

Gilliam is going to be our closer but like many closers he is a one inning pitcher. We need to find an eighth inning set up man.

Mar 4, 2018, 7:10 PM

It appears so, but I do remember him starting as a freshmen at least one. He threw a heck of a game vs Georgia that year. I think he has it in him to pitch multiple innings. It all comes down to location and getting ahead. Heck if he just gets ahead then location doesn't have to be perfect b/c he has out pitches

Mar 4, 2018, 6:50 PM

I thought that but didn't post it. Enjoy the TD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Mar 5, 2018, 10:07 AM

it is truly amazing the baseball knowledge you can get in here. who needs a coach. what do they know.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic