Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Getting in without a ticket
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Getting in without a ticket

Jan 1, 2019, 7:38 AM

Years ago, in 83 or 84, when we played in Columbia, we had a group of about five or six and one ticket. "A friend" took some number of $20 bills and placed them behind the ticket, but where the ticket taker could see them just before he took the ticket. This guy obviously had experience with this type of thing because he took the ticket and had that money in his pocket before "friend" could blink. Friend then stood there, and ticket guy let the rest of the group through without a ticket. We went to the Clemson section.

Is this type of thing possible today? Not with $20 bills, but maybe with $100s, just to get one person in using some sort of fake ticket? Seems like you could at least find one dude that looks shady enough to give it a try. Think about it. You've got a ticket taker making nothing per hour with a chance to pocket 100s of dollars in an instant. If the guy didn't want to do it, no harm no foul just turn around and walk out, and try again somewhere else. But do they check tickets again when you go to your seat? That would foil the plan.

Obviously would not do this at my age, but was fun as a 18-19 year old to try and beat the system. Drinking age was also 18 back then, and I'm sure we all were more brave after a few beers :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Getting in without a ticket

Jan 1, 2019, 7:55 AM

Well in the case of the Natty the ticket taker will be taking the dude's cell phone along with the bribe money. I don't think they issue paper tickets for this game.

Jan 1, 2019, 8:14 AM

Phone could make it easier! Someone try and report back!

I wonder what kind of subjective criteria you would use to classify someone as shady enough.

Jan 1, 2019, 8:07 AM

I think it would be very unlikely for this to work but you could always try.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 8:32 AM

Too many eyes at venues like this. Camera at every entrance and then some. They may actually let you in just to be taken in. More security that you’re not even remotely aware of unless you’re part of the security team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 9:23 AM

Yep, cameras everywhere. In Tampa we had a guy with us who was “sick”. We put him between all of us (so he wouldn’t be sitting next to anyone he didn’t know) and let him sit there with his head in his hands. Within 3 minutes paramedics arrived. I asked who told you he was sick, paramedic says we have cameras everywhere, every person in this stadium will be checked out several times during the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 8:46 AM

Had a good friend of mine this year go to LSU/BAMA without a ticket. He paid the guy scanning tickets $50. He just happened to walk by this specific gate and noticed others paying him too.

Jan 1, 2019, 9:30 AM

Worked at Death Valley for me when I was in college about 4 years ago lol it was still a $20 ??

Jan 1, 2019, 9:33 AM

There should be plenty of free tickets for this game so I wouldn't try it this year. Wait until next year.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic