Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From Merrie Olde England
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

From Merrie Olde England

Feb 14, 2021, 11:37 AM

One of my English cousins sends me a lot of emails. Some make me blush, some make me laugh and once in awhile I get one that needs sharing, so here goes.

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many.

I've seen better days, but I have also seen worse. I don't have every thing I want, but I have every thing I need. I wake up with the same aches and pains, but I woke up. My life may not be perfect, but I am blessed.

Spending time with children is more important then spending money on children.

Putting your phone away and paying attention to those talking to you ----- there's an App for that and it's called RESPECT.

If you are depressed, you're living in the past. If you are anxious, you're living in the future. If you are at peace, you're living in the present.

Every body is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree. it will live it's whole life believing it is stupid. (Albert Einstein)

Two things to remember in life -- "take care of your thoughts when you are alone", and, "Take care of your words when you are with people".

Who ever said that diamonds are a girl's best friend never owned a dog.

Learn a lesson from your dog. No matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that crap and move on.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From Merrie Olde England

Feb 14, 2021, 11:44 AM

Good stuff! Those English folks are smarter than we think at times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 11:46 AM

Thank you for sharing that wisdom. It is always a pleasure reading your posts.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 12:30 PM

Thanks Joe.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 1:16 PM

All truisms Joe. Thanks for sharing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 2:33 PM

all so true.love the ones about dogs.most are just common sense which is rapidly and sadly disappearing from today's world.as i approach 75,i consider it a blessing to have lived this long,especially growing up in the 50's and 60's.wouldn't trade that for anything.my dad told me long ago that after age 72 there are no sins,so i've had 2 and a half years of icing on the cake so far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 14, 2021, 6:36 PM

Thanks Joe - nice to see a couple I had not heard before - you can teach old dogs new tricks!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

None so true than the one about

Feb 14, 2021, 7:22 PM

putting away the phone - I know several folks like that and it gets old quick when the phone is more important than in-person contact.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic