Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KJ Henry on the front page of Coot Net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 6,679

KJ Henry on the front page of Coot Net

Jul 26, 2017, 4:31 PM

The headline says basically click to see their chances with him and the picture is of him laughing.... I think that sums up the article

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll wait to see his top 5.

Jul 26, 2017, 4:41 PM

If the coots are in his top 5, they have a real good shot to land him. Hearing they may have offered dad a job.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: We'll wait to see his top 5.

Jul 26, 2017, 4:44 PM

His dad was the DC at Wake Forest in the mid/late 2000s, so it wouldn't be the craziest thing for him to jump on their staff.

Jul 26, 2017, 4:53 PM

I thought that the NCAA had put restrictions on hiring the parents of kids you are recruiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2017, 5:00 PM

Pretty sure it just pertained to HS Coaches and HS employees. I could be wrong.

They can hire them as an on field coach

Jul 26, 2017, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: We'll wait to see his top 5. ]

In football, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete's actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (or enter into a contract for future employment with) an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department noncoaching staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.

This definition includes, but is not limited to, parents, legal guardians, handlers, personal trainers and coaches. An individual who meets this definition retains such status during the enrollment of the prospective student-athlete at the institution.

Jul 26, 2017, 4:48 PM [ in reply to We'll wait to see his top 5. ]

Didn't the NCAA just make a rule about not being able to hire a 'croots family?

High School coaches only***

Jul 26, 2017, 4:49 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

They'll have to hire his Dad

Jul 26, 2017, 5:05 PM

as one of the On Field coaches to get around the rules. maybe he'll be their 10th coach in Jan ?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/4/12/15267040/ncaa-rule-high-school-coach-recruit-camp-hire

In football, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete's anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete's actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (or enter into a contract for future employment with) an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department noncoaching staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.

This definition includes, but is not limited to, parents, legal guardians, handlers, personal trainers and coaches. An individual who meets this definition retains such status during the enrollment of the prospective student-athlete at the institution.

Jul 26, 2017, 8:16 PM [ in reply to We'll wait to see his top 5. ]

Hey Woods, wont we be in the market for another Dline coach in addition to this staff next year?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KJ Henry on the front page of Coot Net

Jul 26, 2017, 4:43 PM

Their chances with KJ Henry are about as good as their chances of having last years game with Clemson score reversed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 26, 2017, 4:46 PM

Easy Dug you know Tiger is just relaying what he read from a Paul Strewlow report.

Doug's my buddy.***

Jul 26, 2017, 4:49 PM

Jul 26, 2017, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: KJ Henry on the front page of Coot Net ]

I'm Tiger's buddy .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 26, 2017, 5:07 PM

Its high school coaches and family members that can't be hired 2 years prior and 2 years post the signing of the recruit.

Jul 26, 2017, 5:19 PM

Clemson? I like our chances, a lot. Alabama? Very, very, legitimate contender here. VA Tech? Dark horse, but I could see it. Coots? HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahaha

I don't care if they offer his dad the head coaching position. There's not a snowballs chance in Columbia KJ chooses the Coots. Laughable

Jul 26, 2017, 5:32 PM

If my dad wanted a raise and I could help him get it , I'd do it

Jul 26, 2017, 6:11 PM

I'd go to Clemson or Bama, who have been pretty good at putting D-linemen in the early rounds of the draft, and work hard to get drafted to set my dad up for life.

Not go to uSC so just say my dad can get a pay bump for a few years, but my team will go 3-8 and play against Brownie Troop 478 in the Irrelevant Bowl. And the coots are pretty good at getting players drafted too lately, right?

Not so fast

Jul 26, 2017, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: KJ Henry on the front page of Coot Net ]

I like KJ, but I seem to remember him whining on Twitter about the UNCheat trying to visit him at his school after not even giving his dad an interview before hiring Adams.

It may be an attempt to keep him away from Clemson more

Jul 26, 2017, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: KJ Henry on the front page of Coot Net ]

than get him as a USuC recruit.

At any rate, all our key targets seem to be trending away which is dissapointing coming off the NC season. KJ was thought to be the most solid chance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

our recruiting class if phenomonal if we don't land another

Jul 26, 2017, 6:25 PM

elite player, which we will. That said, typically the effects of a great season as it carries over to recruiting is not until a season or 2 down the line as most relationships are formed long before that. However, we also made the NC game last year and have been on a roll with 11+ win seasons for a while now...... we aren't having any problems with recruiting

from KJ May 2016........

Jul 26, 2017, 6:17 PM

"If my dad started coaching high D1 again I can almost guarantee I would play for him... ?? #justathought"

now the real question becomes are the Coots high D1....? ;)

Re: from KJ May 2016........

Jul 26, 2021, 2:30 PM

That Tweet was to all the coaches recruiting him.

At this point I don't expect Henry to sign with Clemson.

it's the only way UCS can get decent players......

Jul 26, 2017, 6:30 PM

Bentley(if you can call him decent, not convinced yet here) and now possibly KJ(seems to be real deal). The problem is........there are only like 10 coaching spots but there are 85 scholarships.

Jul 26, 2017, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: from KJ May 2016........ ]

Didn't the poster just state that you can't hire family members for 2 years before or 2 years after? If that is the case then they can't hire him

wow - quite a statement

Jul 26, 2017, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: from KJ May 2016........ ]

too bad.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2017, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: from KJ May 2016........ ]

> That Tweet was to all the coaches recruiting him.
>
> At this point I don't expect Henry to sign with
> Clemson.

OMG Please don't let it be true. ....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 6,679
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic