Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Friend from Michigan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Friend from Michigan

Jan 31, 2016, 8:12 PM

Said Gary will commit to them Wednesday. I asked why so confident, and he basically said he has been Michigan lean from day 1 and even heard he was a silent commit. I told him I felt like he had a good weekend with the Tigers and maybe his eyes were opened a little bit. He basically said no way and he would be in blue. I told him that we will find out Weds.

I'm not sure where Gary will wind up but I truly believe it's between us and Michigan. Signing day can't get here fast enough

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Friend from Michigan

Jan 31, 2016, 8:15 PM

His former high school coach is their recruiting coordinator. Honestly, if Michigan doesn't land him that guy is probably losing his job. I think that's part of the reason why they are so confident. Not to mention the fact that they recruited all of his friends.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2016, 8:24 PM

They just added Tom Brady and Derek Jeter to NSD so I don't think they would be doing that for all their other signings.

I'm glad Tom Brady will have nothing else to do this week***

Jan 31, 2016, 9:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will have plenty of time to deflate his balls

Jan 31, 2016, 9:46 PM

for next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And what a girl he has to help in the

Jan 31, 2016, 11:36 PM

deflation of said balls!

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2016, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

Like his mother said "why not Clemson... I'd say Rashan is closer to his uncle than his high school coach."

And Unc loves Clemson. :)

Jan 31, 2016, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

Reasons not to doubt Clemson
1. Academics are pretty highly regarded at Clemson and probably was better than they thought going in.
2. Michigan has had a run of de commits and their coach has shown some moments where he has been immature and disrespectful. While Dabo has fun is always seen as a mentor figure who loves family and grows kids. Character is factor #1 for both the Gary side and Clemson.
3. Weather is nice.
4. Family is a stones throw away that isn't tied to the school like his former coach is.
5. Lots of games will be close by for his mom and she has a place to stay when she comes to Clemson.
6. Clemson has had the lost shot.
7. Clemson just played for the national title
8. He won't get lead poisoning.
9. He can literally make history and shock everyone.
10. Similar to another point but I'm not sure that they have the same level of trust that maybe they used to with the Michigan coaches. If Clemson came through on all its promises and with no de commits this class it should at least even the playing field and truly let all the facts and feelings bare out.

Jan 31, 2016, 8:39 PM

Hope #6 wasn't a Freudian slip?

Jan 31, 2016, 8:18 PM

They said the

Jan 31, 2016, 8:20 PM

They said the same thing about AShawn Robinson who flipped from them to Bama too.

Jan 31, 2016, 8:24 PM

I'd like to think that but the fact that he almost didn't even take an OV here brings me back to the reality that we probably aren't getting him.

Sucks the way it's been overblown on here overshadowing arguably our best class ever with the highest ranked recruit we've ever landed.

I wouldn't think twice in picking Trayvon Mullen over Gary.

o deer lawd - coots just can't stand it.***

Jan 31, 2016, 8:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do fans feel so confident about supposedly...

Jan 31, 2016, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

silent commits, when public commits change their minds all the time?

Dont forget Bowers was #1 overall recruit as well

Jan 31, 2016, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

No clue if we land Gary or not but never doubt Dabo when it comes to recruiting.

Re: Dont forget Bowers was #1 overall recruit as well

Jan 31, 2016, 8:56 PM

I would love for it to happen I just don't think we have as good a chance as some people think.

Jan 31, 2016, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

You are,an idiot! EASILY the most lame comment regarding recruiting all year.

Jan 31, 2016, 8:37 PM

Very interesting article I am the uncle and what this person is saying is even news to me, Rashan may go to Michigan he may come to Clemson, but there has never been any quiet commit. That's just plan crazy talk, my sister has been above board through out this process, at the end of the day the final decision will be made this week like they said they would. Wow just so unbelievable what I am reading tonight

I hope he comes to Clemson, we know it's a special place...

Jan 31, 2016, 8:46 PM

but I want all the players to chose the school that's best for them and their families.
He's going to do well no matter where he goes--just hope he does it as a Tiger!
Go Tigers!!

Jan 31, 2016, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

I think the young man and his family have been forthcoming in all they have said and done. I hope the young man chooses a school where he will grow and receive an education that will benefit him for the rest of his life. I hope it will be at CU but if he chooses to go elsewhere then the best of luck to him.

Jan 31, 2016, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

A lot of words get twisted between people, even though some of it is hard to believe. All we can do is wish Rashan and the rest of the family well in his recruitment.

Hey uncle, did Gary happen to get a tiger paw tattoo this weekend?

Jan 31, 2016, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

That could be a little foretelling ??????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2016, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

jayfrederick, as you know i am sure there is quite a difference in the coaching styles and personalities between coach swinney and coach harbaugh. he did not leave san fran just to take the michigan job. your sister seems like a very grounded lady. i know she saw those differences this weekend. hopefully that was enough. either way good luck to rashan. seems like a very good kid.

Time to start Thumbs upping this man.***

Jan 31, 2016, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

***Agreed***

Jan 31, 2016, 9:01 PM

Thank you sir

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sir, as you know Clemson is a great place

Jan 31, 2016, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

but there is no application process to be a fan, or a member of this board. The strength of Rashan's celebrity will bring all sorts of crazy. Probably need to get used to it for most likely more is to come.

Jan 31, 2016, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

I hope he comes to Clemson. It is a special place to grow as a man. I have never been to Ann Arbor, but it appears there are built-in friends and advisors there.

I look back on life and family and my college connections are what are closest to me.

I think he'll make as well researched decision as possible. He sees something in Clemson or they would not have visited.

Good luck on the decision.

Thank you - Rashan's uncle and cousin.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 31, 2016, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

There's a lot of talk going around and most of it is craziness and cockiness. You and your family have been incredibly transparent throughout the process and I'm hoping fans of whatever school isn't chosen will recognize that and respect Rashan's decision.

I just hope you and your family know that there are gamecock

Jan 31, 2016, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

Fans on here that disguise themselves as Clemson fans and say some pretty crazy things to try and make recruits and thier families upset. Just know that about some of these people.

^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Feb 1, 2016, 8:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 31, 2016, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

Most of the crazy talk is South Carolina fans posing as tiger fans. They do that to stir crap up. We believe we have as good a chance as anyone. We would very much like to have this young man playing for Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 31, 2016, 9:35 PM

A couple? Yeah, maybe. But most of it is Clemson fans simply not thinking before they post. It happens everywhere unfortunately...

JayFredrick i love the response

Jan 31, 2016, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

no one knows where he goes right now , we don't know . i know this , i've never seen a 6'5" 300lb man that i was confident could play down , end or lb like dg . best of luck to him and your family where ever he ends up . of course i'm hopeful it's here but he's gotta wanna be here

thanks for commenting

Dear Uncle

Jan 31, 2016, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

I agree with you; too much crazy talk on these boards. Your nephew has a good head on his shoulders and good people who love and support him to advise him. Let's leave him alone while he makes this important decision and support him no matter what decision he makes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come Wednesday, Rashan Gary is going to get the opportunity

Jan 31, 2016, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

to accept a full scholarship offer to receive an excellent education and play major college football at an outstanding university.

That is really cool - congrats to Rashan & his family!

Let the kid be and goes where he wants

Jan 31, 2016, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

as a Clemson fan I hope he comes here but if not then life goes on. He should go where he wants. All of this is overblown and there are real issues in my life and this ain't one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2016, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Friend from Michigan ]

I was surprised he was so confident but I still thought we have a chance. When he said silent commit I was very skeptical but like I said Wednesday is the day and I'm excited! We already have a stellar class and Mr. Gary would be icing on the cake

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic