Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Freeze says ol miss under investigation because of his religious beliefs...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,443

Freeze says ol miss under investigation because of his religious beliefs...

Dec 29, 2016, 9:16 AM

Hugh Freeze tells recruit NCAA probe is due to his religious beliefs
Michael deCourcyDec 28 2016, 6:33 PM
Four-star cornerback Chevin Calloway is in Dallas, Texas preparing for the Under Armour All-American game on Jan. 1.

Calloway is being recruited by a number of schools, including Ole Miss, which is under NCAA investigation for recruiting violations. Head coach Hugh Freeze told Calloway the reason for the probe was due to his religious beliefs, which was first reported by Morgan Moriarty of SB Nation.

Well, Coach Freeze told me when you’re that big and out there with faith in Christ, he’s like, ‘What do you expect? Jesus got nailed to the cross.’ So, he was just telling me sometimes things like that happen, but that’s never going to change how he’s going to treat his players and take care of them. Even if - I don’t know if he really did make the mistake, doing what he did or not - but I can just tell he’s a good person, great person. I know they’re looking at maybe a bowl suspension (for 2017). I don’t know what they’re gonna do. But I don’t think that’ll affect anything as far as how he treats his players and stuff like that.
Freeze said on The Paul Finebaum Show back in May, that in tough times like the one his program is currently under, he relies on his faith to get him through.

“I only have one way. It’s my faith,” Freeze said.

Ole Miss had the No. 4 recruiting class in 2016, but isn't ranked in the top 40 this year, with possible sanctions looming.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda sleezy imo***

Dec 29, 2016, 9:18 AM

I hate Hugh Freeze with a passion

Dec 29, 2016, 9:20 AM

Hugh, if you are on TigerNet and happen to read this, let it be known that everybody knows you run a dirty program including the NCAA. Don't blame any investigation on religious persecution. It's your own stupid fault.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Freeze says ol miss under investigation because of his religious beliefs...

Dec 29, 2016, 9:32 AM

so a guy making millions a year to do something he loves tells a recruit that an NCAA investigation in to illegal activities is because of his religious beliefs and then draws comparisons to Jesus dying on the cross? Wow. New low for him and I can't judge his heart but it looks so manipulative from this perspective especially if that pitch results in bringing in a recruit who could bring even more success. Must go to Joel osteens church.

Exploiting faith for personal gain. Keep it classy, Hugh

Dec 29, 2016, 9:37 AM

...and somehow many other overtly religious coaches are not under investigation (Jimbo Fisher, Dabo, [insert coach here]. Implying religious persecution is the reason for investigation is an all-time low.

Re: Exploiting faith for personal gain. Keep it classy, Hugh

Dec 29, 2016, 9:40 AM

Jimbo is overt? I really havent noticed that but maybe I missed it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seeing that his religious beliefs are all about that $, then yeah.***

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

This may be an all-time low even by Ole Miss standards***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,443
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic