Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Relax Tiger Fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,204

Relax Tiger Fans

Oct 20, 2019, 5:32 PM

By my count, there have been 1,742 posts and 41,987 words concerning whether or not Clemson will be in the Final Four. I don't want any of you to worry about this. Worrying will turn your hair white, if you have any, and make you so crabby even your dog will run and hide under your bed. It takes talent to worry successfully and since I am well experienced in this area, I have volunteered my services so that all of you can relax and enjoy the remainder of the season.

All we need do is to for the Tigers to win out. My crystal ball is shining brightly. Don't let one little blip in the first quarter of any game conger up an idea of ending it all by jumping off of the top floor of the Empire State Building. Just wait until the final whistle, get out your hand held calculator and add up all of those Tiger points. You will not need the calculator to add up the points for our opponents. All you will need is your ten fingers but if you want to add a little spice into your life, feel free to use your toes.

If we end up undefeated and the ACC conference champion (and I fully believe we will) there is no way the committee will not include the sitting, and next national champion, in the final four.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly my thinking, Joe. I may not have the longevity

Oct 20, 2019, 5:42 PM

with Clemson you've had, but mine is up there at over 55 years since my freshman year.

I've learned one hard lesson: steady my nerves and maintain my composure.......unless it's gametime. Then, all bets for rationality and calm are off! lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx Mr.JOE for sobering me uP!

Oct 20, 2019, 5:50 PM

Oh youngster Hartins, 62 years a Clemson fan for me!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what do these teams have in common?

Oct 20, 2019, 5:47 PM

AP Poll - 10/20
1 Alabama
2 LSU
3 Ohio St
4 Clemson
5 OU
6 Penn St
7 Florida
8 Notre Dame
9 Auburn

Answers:
1) They are the "elite" in today's college football. Top 10 programs.

2) Other than Florida - who Clemson hasn't in the last 50+ years - every team on this list has a big "L" the last time they faced Clemson. Most of them in the last 5 years. And most of them by multiple TDs.

3) They all scared Clemson gonna continue that trend. For many more years to come.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Relax Tiger Fans

Oct 20, 2019, 5:49 PM

I would add, enjoy every morsel of the naysayers. It makes for a fantastic video collage after we win it all. Those are my favorite spoils of the Natty. Too much fun watching these pundits explain how they could be so wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 5:51 PM

Very wise advice. I hope the ‘flock’ are listening to you.

I helped solve my anxiety problem of early polls while I was in Louisville this weekend. All of it had 100 proof stamped on the side. For the next few months I will be one cool and relaxed dude while the sports world tries to figure out what I already know. Who’s number one? I’ll let you know who wins but unfortunately mr van winkle will not be in the running! He’s on IR!

Football wise we all know who the champion is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forest, I was on fourth street in L’ville a few weeks ago,

Oct 20, 2019, 9:37 PM

And know the going rate for Pappy there. Hope it was a bucket list item, because it can be had for less if you spend a lot at Total Wine.
Hope you enjoyed it. Truly the “nectar of the gods”!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Forest, I was on fourth street in L’ville a few weeks ago,

Oct 20, 2019, 9:48 PM

That is something I have never had and probably never will. From what I’ve learned you have to sign up for the lottery and hope your name is called so you get a chance to buy a bottle for a $1000.00 ! I am on the crazy side but not that crazy, I’ve got some good stuff that is within my budget however. Most recently, single barrel Henry McKenna is close to The Buffalo as far as affordable bourbon goes. Old Bardstown is good too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 9:39 PM

Joe21 ... the wisdom of experience :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Thank you for saying it

Oct 21, 2019, 2:00 AM

When @Joe21 speaks everyone listens.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,204
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic