Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who think calling out refs is off limits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

For those who think calling out refs is off limits

Nov 13, 2016, 7:05 PM

http://theclemsoninsider.com/2016/11/13/pattern-emerges-with-saturdays-officiating-crew-calling-clemson-games/

It's not

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is off limits is a well placed crossing route that takes him out.

Nov 13, 2016, 7:07 PM

That would be thuggish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: For those who think calling out refs is off limits

Nov 13, 2016, 7:23 PM

Thanks for posting....had not seen this.

Nov 13, 2016, 7:25 PM

hes a jerk for that call on Ben, he should be ashamed of himself. That was blatant bs

Nov 13, 2016, 7:34 PM

1. How is this crew allowed to work any Clemson games? Clear oversight somewhere.

2. If you're an in state ref from a rival school why not opt out and go to a different venue. One blown call and you have to live with criticism the rest of your life unless you move.

The fact that he didn't opt out raises many more questions. And for the pc safe space crowd this loss ruined our senior day for our most successful class ever, and it still may keep us out of the playoffs.

I don't take this as lightly as some. I wish him no harm but there needs to be public accountability.

Nov 13, 2016, 8:11 PM

I definitely don't wish him physical harm or harassment, nor do I wish him any ill in his career outside of officiating, but Heydt does need to be fired. Reffing is not a good "hobby" for him.

He is at best very poor at officiating, and at worst (and most likely) very unethical.

Just the amount of revenue he could have swayed with his bad officiating is enough of a reason for the ACC to part ways, not to mention the obvious impact on the integrity of the game.

Nov 13, 2016, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: For those who think calling out refs is off limits ]

I didn't see complaints the ref for the Clemson Louisville game had a daughter that attended Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 13, 2016, 8:32 PM

And his son went to USC. That is very different than the actual ref attending the rival school. This is outrageous

why would we complain....

Nov 13, 2016, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: For those who think calling out refs is off limits ]

he was fair and not noticed....exactly what a ref should be.

The refs aided in our loss, but were definitely not the entire reason we lost.

Have you heard of "Six Degrees of Separation"?

Nov 13, 2016, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: For those who think calling out refs is off limits ]

Since the separation of everyone in the world is just 6 steps away, even if you find a ref from Australia, you'll find his connection to Clemson as well as SCar.

But the ref himself attended the rival school is another story. No one can say he won't be happy one bit about Clemson's loss.

Apparently it is off limits, since my same post was

Nov 13, 2016, 8:37 PM

just deleted.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic