Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For everyone who wants to fire Jack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

For everyone who wants to fire Jack

Mar 4, 2014, 12:06 AM

Who do we hire to take over? Is there anyone on our current staff that can step up, or is there someone else from another school that you think is ready to take over?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LeCroy will be Jack's replacement***

Mar 4, 2014, 12:08 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LeCroy will be Jack's replacement***

Mar 4, 2014, 12:16 AM

So, if he's the guy we want why weren't we any better this weekend? Is Jack actively stopping him from doing what he wants to as a coach?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nowhere near enough experience, imo******

Mar 4, 2014, 8:06 AM

What

Mar 4, 2014, 1:54 AM

Do we know about Lecroy that shows he'd not only accomplish what jack has but be better? Scar went and stole the best recruiter in the nation from UNC and let him learn under Tanner, now he's head coach. Our counter is Lecroy? Why?

Re: What

Mar 4, 2014, 3:42 PM

Can't believe no one has mentioned Gilmore at Coastal Carolina. His teams are very opportunistic and fundamentally sound.

I would go after a coach from Elon

Mar 4, 2014, 6:16 AM

or ECU. A mid major that recruits a mixture of power and speed with excellent solid recent history of relief pitching. Just like Jack had at the turn of the millennium and before the brains of this outfit left. We lost this series because of errors and relief pitching. Playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

playing not to lose will do it every time!***

Mar 4, 2014, 6:28 AM

i would go after

Mar 4, 2014, 8:09 AM

Someone from UVA. Solid program the last few yearsm

Tell 'em coot

Mar 4, 2014, 8:17 AM

smh

This is the dumbest response to a "fire someone" debate

Mar 4, 2014, 9:07 AM

Its not our job to find a suitable candidate to replace someone because we don't know the lay of the land, how much Clemson is willing to spend, who might be looking for a way out of their current situation etc etc etc. All we can tell is that the current coaching staff seems to have plateaued and that something needs to change. (and if you want to search post history, I've been a huge supporter of Leggett but I don't see much improvement in the team over the last few years) The fan's job is to evaluate the outcome, not become part of the process.

For all we know George Horton might be tired of the rain in Oregon and would be willing to come to Clemson for peanuts. Or Brian O'Connor doesn't think UVA is going to sustain the program with resources and his agent is looking for a way out. We don't run in those circles to know the network.

Re: This is the dumbest response to a "fire someone" debate

Mar 4, 2014, 10:13 AM

this really is exactly what you say---beyond dumb!

The funny thing to me are

Mar 4, 2014, 9:09 AM

the folks that scream "Fire Jack" who want to replace him with someone from his coaching tree that generally coaches just like him.

Re: The funny thing to me are

Mar 4, 2014, 9:47 AM

So it's looks like the (Fire Jack Crowd) has no clue who they would hire. Just fire Jack??

Dang they are some really dumb post in this thread

If there was an opening at Clemson

Mar 4, 2014, 10:04 AM

I bet we could get a call back from 90% of the coaches in the country if we reached out to them. Its a tier 1 job (assuming that the pay and other resources are similar to their current location). I can design a coach for you from a strategy standpoint, which ironically would look a lot like Jack Leggett from the 90s. Hit for average, some pop is strategic locations of the order, good baserunning and good defense.

Clemson baseball isn't like Clemson basketball where you have to look for an up and comer. Clemson baseball could get an established coach to come here.

Re: The funny thing to me are

Mar 4, 2014, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: The funny thing to me are ]

yea because we should just keep banging our head against the wall hoping and praying that eventually Jack will become an Elite coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Not everyone from his tree...........

Mar 4, 2014, 10:04 AM [ in reply to The funny thing to me are ]

coaches like he does. THAT is why some of the prior years were different.

Re: For everyone who wants to fire Jack

Mar 4, 2014, 9:50 AM

Hands Down Tim Corbin - look what he has done everywhere he has been and we missed our chance to keep him last time. Not sure he would come now as he probably has loyalty to JL and a great thing going at Vandy but that is what we are looking for, a difference maker.

Clemson would be a great opportunity for about anyone, great facilities and fan base. Heck we have had two head coaches since 1958! To say we are patient is the biggest understatement in college sports.

Wouldn't be much of a change*****

Mar 4, 2014, 10:38 AM

Re: For everyone who wants to fire Jack

Mar 4, 2014, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: For everyone who wants to fire Jack ]

what has Corbin done?

Why would Corbin leave Vandy?

Mar 4, 2014, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: For everyone who wants to fire Jack ]

No way Corbin would leave Vandy.

Corbin has everything he could want in Nashville and is having no problem at all recruiting the best talent around. He's got an amazing field with a brand new (last 3 years) field surface, all the resources in the world, and is the golden sport of the athletic department. Plus Vandy (being private) can pay him a large lump sum of money and never release the amount.

I love Clemson and Clemson Baseball, but Corbin would be foolish to leave Vandy for Clemson. If he misses a regional there people will be disappointed if he misses it in Clemson half of the fan base will call for his head.

Plus Corbin hasn't done any more at Vandy than Jack has at Clemson (besides winning conference championships)

Re: For everyone who wants to fire Jack, you should hire...

Mar 4, 2014, 9:57 AM

Walter Matthau, or Billy Bob Thornton

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Freddie Jordan at The Citadel

Mar 4, 2014, 4:18 PM

He beats the Coots regularly

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic