Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Flame me for taking off my Orange lens glasses but I see Coot FB being very viable in 2020..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Flame me for taking off my Orange lens glasses but I see Coot FB being very viable in 2020..

Jun 19, 2019, 7:00 PM

& onward due to getting some very good 3 & 4* players in-state that Clemson couldn't or wouldn't offer..plus maybe a transfer or two from Clemson..plus recently getting couple of solid 4* & even a 5* (i believe)..and maybe 50-50 on acquiring #1 or 2 overall player in nation in Burch headed there.

Saying..I predict Tigers win #6 in WB this Fall in a tough away game..in 2020 really have to pull out the stops in DV1 to win..and in 2021 at WB we will really have a battle to win, which we should.

Nope, not on drugs or rum..just see where their recruiting is improving & headed.

And, Mustchamp is Not going to be fired after this year's 5-7 win season since the administration & fans see what's being recruited and know things will be much better.

So, expect some stronger competition coming out of Cola which I welcome. Bout time!

Go TiGERS..Jeep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Flame me but I see Mustchamp & Coot FB being very viable in 2020 & onward due to..

Jun 19, 2019, 7:03 PM

You are a delusional coot!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Flame me but I see Mustchamp & Coot FB being very viable in 2020 & onward due to..

Jun 19, 2019, 7:06 PM

You obviously don’t know who you’re talking to or that sarcasm went right over my head

Jun 19, 2019, 7:08 PM

Right over your head.

Jun 19, 2019, 7:21 PM

Ckyzer said:

Right over your head.

What we hate about ourselves we criticize another for. In this case, you’re just an idiot. LBB wouldn’t let you kiss his rings........

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2019, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Flame me but I see Mustchamp & Coot FB being very viable in 2020 & onward due to.. ]

Ckyzer said:

Right over your head.

What we hate about ourselves we criticize another for. In this case, you’re just an idiot. LBB wouldn’t let you kiss his rings........

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ckyzer...me a Coot? Ha...

Jun 19, 2019, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Flame me but I see Mustchamp & Coot FB being very viable in 2020 & onward due to.. ]

Check out my profile buddy boy & see I was a Tiger b/4 you were made (1957)..wrote for The TiGER student paper as a Sports Writer (interviewed Coach Howard, Coach Wilheim, Bob Jones & Banks McFadden & players)..graduated from Clemson..sent a Son there..have 5 gift bricks in DV & my name on wall outside as a giver to an Upper Deck..and have kept so many old IPTAY memberships that I could build a lego type house of plastic cards!

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ckyzer...me a Coot? Ha...

Jun 19, 2019, 7:34 PM

I am glad to see you finally defend yourself against these peeps calling you a coot and if your bio is true I for one salute you sir. I have hated Carolina since I was a young boy and Carlene rushed the field goal team on to add three more. I was so mad I cried and have wanted to beat the heck out of them in anything since that day.

Jun 19, 2019, 7:40 PM

His bio is correct. He is a true long time Tiger. I’m a 50 year IPTAY member and I know he ain’t no Coot!!!

Jun 19, 2019, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Ckyzer...me a Coot? Ha... ]

Dang, LBB !!!!! Am I the only one you didn't interview when you were at Clemson? I am deeply offended !!!!! I could have told you the time I almost made a hole in one. Unfortunately, it was not the hole I was aiming for.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 12:18 AM

Got a feeling this dude isn't talking about golf.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Ckyzer...me a Coot? Ha... ]

:)

Jun 19, 2019, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Flame me but I see Mustchamp & Coot FB being very viable in 2020 & onward due to.. ]

I believe Bill was addressing you

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

In 2020, UofSC will still have about 25 4 star and above

Jun 19, 2019, 7:04 PM

players, while Clemson will be hovering around 60. THEY WILL NOT BE OF ANY CONSEQUENCE . FACT ! They're not ready for prime time, 2 straight seasons of 7-5 .

Re: In 2020, UofSC will still have about 25 4 star and above

Jun 19, 2019, 7:15 PM

Stay away from the hard stuff during the day LBB. You are starting to sound like a coot.

Jun 19, 2019, 7:17 PM

Agree their recruiting should make them more formidable and hope it does -they’re currently hurting our SOS. That said, I think Muschimp is a poor motivator and in game coach so I’m not scared. Of course anything can happen on a given day.

Jun 19, 2019, 7:19 PM

I hope so . If they could get some football respectability from a national standpoint that would only help us each time we pummeled them to finish our season .

Good poast Bill .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I hope so, they're killing our strength of schedule***

Jun 19, 2019, 7:23 PM

Muschamp recruited well at UofFL

Jun 19, 2019, 7:24 PM

It was his coaching that killed that program.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Flame me for taking off my Orange glasses but I see Coot FB being very viable in 2020 & onward..

Jun 19, 2019, 7:36 PM

You must of got a-hold of some bad hooch!!

Re: Flame me for taking off my Orange glasses but I see Coot FB being very viable in 2020 & onward..

Jun 19, 2019, 7:45 PM

I agree their talent level will improve. We used to battle them for the top ten instate prospects. Now most wont get a commitable offer from Clemson. We leave a lot of talented players available to UofSuC. And many have a chip on their shoulder due to a lack of an offer from us. I still say MussCoot can’t win consistently as he isn’t a good coach. Florida proved that.

LBB's chilly...I wanna help!

Jun 19, 2019, 7:51 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LBB's chilly...I wanna help!

Jun 19, 2019, 8:13 PM

LBB made a funny. Nothing to see here!

Sorry coot trolls!

Hope springs eternal

Jun 19, 2019, 8:15 PM

With trolls! LOL! Bless their little hearts...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why does their talant level increase when recruiting ranking

Jun 19, 2019, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Flame me for taking off my Orange glasses but I see Coot FB being very viable in 2020 & onward.. ]

s are the same? I don't get it. Mustcoot has never in his life coached up players, why is he all of a sudden going to coach them out now. Has he ever even beat a top 25 team besides an overrated UT team?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2019, 8:16 PM

Viable how? For 4th in the SEC East?

^^even the resident butt sniffer gets it***

Jun 19, 2019, 8:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot!***

Jun 19, 2019, 8:17 PM

Jun 19, 2019, 8:23 PM

You misspelled 3030. ??

Jun 19, 2019, 8:25 PM

I wonder if GF #1 made him say it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2019, 9:23 PM

I think it would most certainly have to be GF #4 or #5 for such heresy!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2019, 8:30 PM

I see this but I don't see them closing the gap by any means. Yes this is the best recruiting U5C has seen since Spurrier prime in Columbia but this is the best recruiting Clemson has seen ever, that being added to one of the best and most talented rosters in the country added with the fact that Clemson has the best coaching staff in the country from the HC down to position coaches I don't expect it to do much except strengthen Clemson's strength of schedule.

They have zero play makers on offense and a below average OL

Jun 19, 2019, 8:32 PM

They’ll suffer their 2nd straight losing season in 2020. Bill living in the low country around all those coots and watching the SEC network is corrupting your mind.

Jun 19, 2019, 8:40 PM

LBB is on the right track.

We began beating good and great teams when we had a roster of 2-3-4*s - and no stars! Carolina is using the same formula. Get good kids that can be coached up OR kids that have talent and can be coached to behave, and you've got a winning formula.

And winning (and/or improving) recruits better than losing.

Hey. What's the fun and/or glory in beating someone that you know can't compete with you. Best case scenario in 2021 is beating a ranked UofSC team in WB.

And, to extend the point, why continually denigrate your competition. Why would we put down anybody on our schedule over whom we are victorious? Seems to me that our resume improves if the quality of the competition is viewed positively instead of otherwise.

Jun 19, 2019, 8:41 PM

I won't flame you. Sounds rational.

Good whatever reason, you can't seem to talk football with certain fans of either side, unless you consistently insult, cruise or make fun of the other.

A logical review of their program shows improvement in facilities, improvement in recruiting and a tiny bit more stability in the coaching staff. All of this will equal more wins. Not sure I know of a single program that improved in all those areas and got worse or stayed in the basement.

I do beloeve, however, that these improvements will only give them victories over Kentucky (finally), Tennessee, perhaps A&M, etc. I don't see them beating Georgia in the near future, and I don't see them beating Clemson.

I have longed for 50 years to have a meaningful Sat after Thanksgiving in the sense that we are both ranked in the Top 5 and the winner plays for a National Championship. I grew up watching Oklahoma, Texas and Nebraska play on national tv with EVERTHING riding on the outcome of those games. I was sick to my sto!can I the late 80's and all the 90's where it felt like a win over the Doors have us nothing but a winning season.

I want to beat them every year, but kicking a drink him whose is passed out on a street corner ain't much of an accomplishment. Kick the ### of the baddest man in the bar that night, and you can hold that over their head for ever.

Go Tigers.

Jun 19, 2019, 8:45 PM

Good grief. Sorry for all the typos. Should have proofread it! Typing on new tablet..

Jun 19, 2019, 9:36 PM

I agree. The coots should be improved and will be a tougher out for us this year, but barring key injuries, I still say we win by a TD or two. Given our recruiting we should extend our streak atleast a couple more years, but it's hard to predict what will happen 2-3 years from now given the ever changing transfer rules. Personally, I want to see us win 3 more to break our series win streak record of 7.

Re: Flame me for taking off my Orange lens glasses but I see Coot FB being very viable in 2020..

Jun 19, 2019, 9:37 PM

Tell em coot

Re: Flame me for taking off my Orange lens glasses but I see Coot FB being very viable in 2020..

Jun 19, 2019, 9:37 PM

Tell em coot

Jun 19, 2019, 9:44 PM

While you are correct they signed a couple of decent players, I have seen nothing in will muschamp that makes me think he’s going to build a strong program. Win a few games here and there? yes. Beat Clemson before 2024? no. Win the division over Georgia and a resurgent Florida and Tennessee? no.. South Carolina will find themselves in December Bowls playing teams like Virginia and Michigan, and maybe winning one here and there, that’s about it.

For starters, not only is Tennessee not getting SC's best

Jun 19, 2019, 10:03 PM

anymore - thank Steve Spurrier and Dabo Swinney for that - but now Dabo is getting TN's best to come here. And SC's best - mostly. In any regard, having that pipeline shifted has paid off well for both programs and looks to continue that way for a while.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2019, 10:52 PM

Have you paid attention to our recruiting or have you just been reading FGF?

I would flame you for that, LB, but the way you

Jun 19, 2019, 10:59 PM

drink I'm afraid you might burn down the whole board.

So I just won't say anything.

Yep they cyclin in....***

Jun 19, 2019, 11:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Jun 20, 2019, 12:34 AM

Message removed by Author

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USCe

Jun 20, 2019, 8:35 AM

will probably get better by default. They have a pair if good QBs post Bentup, and pulling in some good DLs. I am still not convinced Lumpy can win on game day, but we will see. If you go by the old saying "whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger"; they have a chance to be decent. Well if I am wrong, they still have WBB.

Jun 20, 2019, 8:44 AM

LBB I agree with the recruiting quality down in the sesspool increasing. I just can't get past what he couldn't do with all that star talent at Florida. Maybe something has changed?

Jun 20, 2019, 9:38 AM

I agree.

Jun 20, 2019, 10:57 AM

They are clearly getting better talent down there, my question has been, why? Is it Muschumps proven track record of coaching winners? Lighting up scoreboards? How about all those recent high SuC draft picks? So why? The only coach there that I think is even close to top shelf if Wolford, their O line coach. Past that, I just dont see why a young man would commit there. Not saying anything is fishy, that's their gig. But sorry, as an old teacher of mine used to say something in the milk ain't clean!

Jun 20, 2019, 11:19 AM

The Coots aren't getting better. Their recruiting classes are tracking where they have always been: between 17-25 in the nation. Part of this is because they always since 25 since they lose so many players through attrition. In 2020 they will be a "young" team breaking in a new QB and lots of other players. They'll be 6-6 just like they will be this year. They haven't figured out how to run the ball or tackle. Until they do, they will be a Christmas week bowl team.

COOT!

Jun 20, 2019, 12:38 PM

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 1:28 PM

as long as Muschamp is coach they will be average.... so don't hold your breath .... we should just count our blessing that the stars aligned and Dabo is running our show....

ok, i'll bite...1 why didn't muschamp win in florida?

Jun 20, 2019, 2:02 PM

2. recruiting stars are not a direct link to success (see point 1, see hunter renfrow, see shaq smith)

3. to compete in recruiting you need to win your own division, can they beat kentucky , uga, a&m and florida consistently

4. you have to have a can't miss QB, they haven't sniffed one of those yet

5 and most importantly it will take more than 2 years to satisfy 2-4,

Jun 20, 2019, 3:09 PM

Recruiting is not their problem. Their dumass coaches are.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 4:09 PM

I think their program is headed in the right direction honestly. They won’t win the recruiting battle vs Clemson or Georgia any time soon. But, I can see them becoming the #2 team in the East under Muschamp. It really depends on how well Dan Mullen at Florida. I don’t think Pruitt will turn Tennessee into a contender again. Muschamp will continue to out recruit Missouri, Kentucky, and Vandy though. I am interested to see the trajectory of TAMU under Jimbo.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic