Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Flame Away
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,500

Flame Away

Oct 25, 2020, 9:11 AM

I've got $0.02 to spend
When a coach always make a statement to the media
We knew what they were going to do
and does nothing to adjust for it
just keep calling plays he knows what the
other team has set out to stop

Tigers play book must have been left in the locker room
or shorten to fit on a 3 x 5 index card

Lost count of the number screen pass plays
But if I never seen another it will not be missed

1 pass to TE = TD

Passes of 20+ yards look good and adds to stats
IF completed

OL on punt kick team can not give look-out blocks
I know they all like to run down and make a tackle

Never understand when it's 3rd and 10 or less
calling a pass play 25+ yards

Don't even want to get started on the run plays
called to run up the middle

Players are going to try and run the play that's been called
with that said OC saying we knew what they were going to try
and stop and calling plays over and over that he said he knew
they were going to go all out to stop hmmmmmm

Thanks for the time to vent
My $0.02 spent
Gooooooo Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Flame Away

Oct 25, 2020, 9:19 AM

The same OC called plays that scored 73 points last week. I'll trust Tony Elliott instead of your $0.02.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TE calls that he had planned to call

Oct 25, 2020, 9:24 AM

The TE Seams/slants/and crossing routes will be a plenty when he needs them against a better opponent . Against the rest,he's gonna call what he thinks they need to work.

Oct 25, 2020, 9:31 AM

Clemson offense is almost always dictated by O Line play.Did you see the way LSU Line bulldoze through the coots?
Tony is a good play caller but when the line takes plays off and Trevor is throwing high or behind for 3 quarters you get what you get.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$.02 won’t buy you a nickel anymore***

Oct 25, 2020, 9:34 AM

Oct 25, 2020, 10:09 AM

* When a coach thinks he knows what a defense is going to do and runs plays right into the strength of that defensive plan, he is recognizing that his opponent has identified a weakness and is giving his players a challenge and the experience to correct that weakness for the day and the future. Also, the temptation to run away from his weakness may lure him into trying a scheme that may play into an even larger strength of the defense. So, sometimes it's better to let the players see that they've been exposed and challenge their manhood.

* Screen passes can certainly look boring when they're stopped, but when they work they can result in big plays. Ajou's TD last week came off of a tunnel screen. As long as we have good outside blocking, we have a chance to break a seen pass for a long gain. The screen passes and flare passes to the RBs keep the LBs and DBs honest, which counters the defensive effort to load the box and stuff Etienne, which seems to be what teams have decided is best to do against us.

* I agree that we should continue the intermediate passing game to the TEs, which seemed lacking against Syracuse. But, we also sailed some passes due to a full blitz, which I put on our OL.

* When it's 3rd and 10 or less is actually a perfect time to call a long pass play. LBs and DBs tend to squat on the line to gain, thinking that a receiver is going to make his cut right at the line and they will make the play on his cut. That makes for a perfect double move, like sluggo, which can freeze the DB at the line to gain on the fake curl and create significant separation for the receiver. But, it does require the ball to be thrown accurately and a receiver to make the catch (something we need to improve on a little bit).

We'll get there. We're still a little loose around the edges, but it'll tighten up.... and this game will help the players recognize that they have to concentrate a little more on technique. When you consider the number of freshmen and sophomores on this team, it's a wonder that we're doing as well as we are, but we have a lot of talent being coached. The number of plays being made by youngsters is great to see and by the end of the season, they should be in great shape as a team.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,500
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic