Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Steve Spurrier says Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ahead of Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

FB Update: Steve Spurrier says Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ahead of Alabama

Sep 20, 2017, 9:11 PM

Steve Spurrier says Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ahead of Alabama

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if we win the next two games

Sep 20, 2017, 9:19 PM

that will have been 3 top 15 teams in 4 weeks and two on the road..no way we should not be number one at that point

Re: if we win the next two games

Sep 20, 2017, 9:27 PM

Someone finally caught the OBC sober.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if we win the next two games

Sep 21, 2017, 12:48 AM [ in reply to if we win the next two games ]

Before that, like when Bama doesn't cover the spread against Vandy this week.

As tough as the SEC (and SEC West in particular) is supposed

Sep 21, 2017, 8:51 AM [ in reply to if we win the next two games ]

to be, Bama might not play another legit opponent until November. Their schedule before the LSU game consists of at Vandy, Ole Miss, at A&M, Arkansas, and Tennessee. When at Vandy could legitimately be the toughest game in that stretch you know you are looking at a weak stretch of games.

They do finish up with LSU, at Miss St, and at Auburn, but it's not like LSU and Auburn have been very convincing to start the year either. The SEC certainly isn't what it used to be.

Re: FB Update: Steve Spurrier says Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ahead of Alabama

Sep 20, 2017, 9:27 PM

can you imagine Danny Ford saying the coots should be ranked ahead of someone at anything?

what a slap in the face to their program.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Steve Spurrier says Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ahead of Alabama

Sep 20, 2017, 9:29 PM

Say what you want about the OBC, but he is a straight shooter.

Sep 20, 2017, 9:34 PM

Ehh.. you've obviously never stood next to him at a urinal...

Sep 20, 2017, 9:43 PM

You got that right, he wet my shoe several times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Steve Spurrier says Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ahead of Alabama ]

sure, but he went out of his way to offer that opinion.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Steve Spurrier says Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ahead of Alabama ]

I remember back when he was throwing jabs at Dabo when at Scar. How times have changed. Just goes to show the gap between the two programs, at all levels.

Go Tigers

Sep 21, 2017, 5:48 AM

As he should have been in the entertainment business and the in the interest of winning over a fan base that's only goal each year is to beat Clemson. He did his job.

Sep 21, 2017, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Steve Spurrier says Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ahead of Alabama ]

The jabs and little barbs are just classic Spurrier. He has always done that..... it didn't just start at USuCk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Sep 21, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Steve Spurrier says Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ahead of Alabama ]

Dabo stood up to Steve, and he likes that, he is no different than most of us bc, I hate it when people coward down when they have been challenged by a bullish individual. Until someone has proven they can get the better of you, you really have no reason to back down. Crap, your shouldn't ever back down even if they have proven they can best you. Most of the time, it won't be that they are better man every time. They may trip and fall down one day, and that's when you add $0.75 cent more kick A$S on them and they will leave you alone. Dabo never back down from Steve and he learned to respect Dabo, and now they are very good friends, and personally I applaud their friendship. And their friendship will last to the end of their life bc they respect each other, and you can't have a better friendship than one with mutual respect!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just not sure where spurrier earned Dabo's respect.

Sep 21, 2017, 1:03 PM

While he was at that school in the mid-state he did nothing but make snide comments and even disparaging comments about Clemson and Dabo. I do not respect the guy at all. He probably invited Dabo so folks will talk to him at the ceremony.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just not sure where spurrier earned Dabo's respect.

Sep 22, 2017, 10:24 PM

Dabo showed class despite Spurrier's lack of same. To continue his past brash behavior makes him look dumb and ridiculous in his retirement. Also shows how poorly the attitude of the dirtpecker fans and HC was. I guess the sniff too much of the Broad River.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2017, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Steve Spurrier says Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ahead of Alabama ]

Yea, and a quitter. When he saw where his last SC team was headed, he headed out. Just quit in the middle of a miserable season. And look at the mess he left them in. Just like Holtz did at Notre Dame and SC. In the military we called that "mess up and move up." Or something similar to that. Unreal.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Steve Spurrier says Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ahead of Alabama ]

Ain't no denying the truth. :)

coots you just can't catch a break...

Sep 20, 2017, 9:40 PM

Too bad soooo sad for you

Re: FB Update: Steve Spurrier says Clemson should be ranked No. 1 ahead of Alabama***

Sep 20, 2017, 10:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 11:50 PM

Coots got to love this! It's as if he is laughing at them!

Sep 21, 2017, 7:30 AM

His actions and his public comments since he left cola and usuc are clear evidence that he never gave a rats rear end for them. They were just an easy paycheck for him, and then back to the place he really cares about. That's the cold hard truth, and he makes that clear on a regular basis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier has become a big Clemson fan

Sep 21, 2017, 5:51 AM

he doesn't buy into the SEC hype either

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liking Ole Coach SPUR more & more..

Sep 21, 2017, 7:38 AM

since he knew when to fold it at Cootland & get the tail out of there..and praising DaBO & TiGERS.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2017, 8:33 AM

I actually have heard the HBC on XM several times this year and he has always spoken highly of Clemson each time I heard him. He even made the comment one time that Clemson should have won some of the games during the five game streak because we had the better team but lost only because of turnovers. Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it myself!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

WHO!***

Sep 21, 2017, 8:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WHO!***

Sep 22, 2017, 5:26 AM

this guy ...
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17374306/head-ball-coach-steve-spurrier..

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Other than beating us regularly, sorta always liked the HBC

Sep 21, 2017, 1:08 PM

The 5 losses was painful and I hated him for that, but I always thought he was alright. His quote after beating us one year was "well, when they play us, they always seem not to play as well". It hurt, but in fact was true.

He's good with the one liners and apparently is a good friend with Dabo.

He's righting his ship with this statement though!

Go Tigers

Spurrier: "I quit just in time...Clemson is coming!"***

Sep 21, 2017, 2:01 PM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic