Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson now has the No. 2 defense in the country
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,341

FB Update: Clemson now has the No. 2 defense in the country

Oct 31, 2014, 12:58 PM

Clemson now has the No. 2 defense in the country

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson now has the No. 2 defense in the country

Oct 31, 2014, 1:09 PM

The way our Defense has been winning games for us, I very well think we could potentially be a number 1 defense as the year goes on. Georgia Tech and South Carolina are some remaining tests for us, though.

I don't link Louisville looked like a Top 5 defense last night giving up over 500 yards, but I believe they are still a Top 10 defense.

I doubt we become number 1 defense after the Oregon/Stanford game because I think Stanford will contain Oregon's offense and could beat them. Oregon has lost to them in the last couple years. Oregon vs. Stanford has lately been similar to our games versus South Carolina.

You don't think Oregon gets at least 145 total yards?

Oct 31, 2014, 2:34 PM

I'm pretty confident Clemson will jump to number 1. Oregon could still lose to Stanford but I can guarantee you they will muster at least 36 yards/quarter on offense.

Re: You don't think Oregon gets at least 145 total yards?

Oct 31, 2014, 2:43 PM

Rankings are based on average yoga not total yards.

Oct 31, 2014, 2:44 PM [ in reply to You don't think Oregon gets at least 145 total yards? ]

Wow, your math skills are astounding. Stanford will have played 9 games after playing Oregon this weekend, therefore, Stanford will have to hold Oregon to 412 yards or less to remain the #1 team. This is, of course, assuming that Wisconsin or Bama don't absolutely stop their opps to pass both Clemson and Stanford (I haven't seen who they are playing, or if they are even playing at all.)

Oct 31, 2014, 7:51 PM

Since you mentioned math, go look at the remaining schedules of the teams you mentioned versus ours and add all that up.

I see #1 at the end of the season for us, with a giant proving point in Atlanta in two weeks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2014, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson now has the No. 2 defense in the country ]

Just my opinion,#1,or #4 defense,Winston would have done the same thing to our
"D"if he had played us at Tllahassee.
Like him,or loathe him,the "Thug"can play football.

Oct 31, 2014, 8:42 PM

Louisville was stopping FSU well early on. They got two turnovers and scored off both of them. After they got the big lead and had held FSU to only 7 in the first half, the defense seemed to have relaxed their guard, which helped FSU to rally back throughout the game.

It was like the UNC game where we had held them to only 7 points in the first half, but because we had a substantial lead, our defense got lax in the second half. We started giving up alot of points and big plays. From what I recall, in the 4th qtr of that game, UNC could have made a TD near the end to bring the score to 42, but we made the final stop by intercepting the pass. But if they did score, then they could have done an onside kick, got the ball, and then made another TD plus 2 pt conversion to tie it up and bring game into overtime.

Will someone please show this to Raekwon?***

Oct 31, 2014, 1:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Oct 31, 2014, 1:50 PM

To #### with the rankings. Our D just needs to keep getting it done on the field, because that is all that matters.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Oct 31, 2014, 2:01 PM

The Rankings is showing they have been getting it done on the field. They actually go hand in hand, unlike the actual Coaches and AP poll.

Oct 31, 2014, 2:44 PM

Brings me peace and joy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need to hold Wake to 144 yards LESS than Stanford holds

Oct 31, 2014, 2:46 PM

Oregon, and they will be #1 come next Friday. It's just a stat, but it's a great accomplishment and I'd love for them to get there. Considering Stanford has to play the #8 defense AT Oregon with Oregon still having to impress for a shot at the playoffs, and we have to play the #125 (out of 125) offense in the country with only a mathematical shot at the post-season, I like our chances. Oregon averages 321.4 yards more per game than Wake Forest does.

null

I don't think that will be a problem.

Oct 31, 2014, 10:21 PM

I don't know when they tally the numbers and I'm not sure if everybody on that chart has had equal number of games but when it's all said and done we'll be crowned the best.

I wonder how folks feel about Dabo's ability to recruit coaching talent now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah!!!! keep on keepin' on!!!***

Oct 31, 2014, 3:53 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,341
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic