Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Face it Chad Morris looks like a much smarter play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Face it Chad Morris looks like a much smarter play

Oct 13, 2014, 8:38 AM

caller with DW at QB. Regardless, he has done a heck of a job since he has been here, and he is by far the best OC we have had since Rich Rod. I am sure they did not plan to lose DW in the first quarter, but still managed to come thru with a W with a hobbled backup QB against the No. 1 Defense in the country. I have seen us lose way too many games like that over the years not too appreciate a hard fought and well deserved W.

I just wish some of you guys would quit throwing him under the bus because you happen disagree with a couple of play calls in a game.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spin it any way you want but....

Oct 13, 2014, 8:41 AM

there is no getting around the fact that some of the play calling was rediculously stupid and could have (and nearly did) cost Clemson the game.

As a side note, I have been a HUGE fan of Chad Morris since his arrival.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Agree...

Oct 13, 2014, 8:54 AM

I love Morris, but at times he makes really inexcusable, stubborn head scratching calls.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, the "We are what we are" argument is a bit arrogant

Oct 13, 2014, 8:57 AM

I thought it was about finding way to win.

Re: I agree, the "We are what we are" argument is a bit arrogant

Oct 13, 2014, 9:20 AM

We did win!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure did!***

Oct 13, 2014, 10:29 AM

Being that Venables is a hard nosed guy....

Oct 13, 2014, 2:23 PM [ in reply to I agree, the "We are what we are" argument is a bit arrogant ]

I wonder if he ever looks at Chad in those situations and thinks.....'are you that big of a pansy that you dont think your unit can get 6 dang inches on a qb sneak.' It speaks volumes to mentality...for me at least.

Every coach that's been in the business has had to face fan

Oct 13, 2014, 8:42 AM

wrath...win or lose.

I've heard it (and even participated) going back to the Frank Howard days.

The important thing to remember is at the end of the day, usually even the most negative critics will be back on the Clemson bus, cheering the Tigers in the next game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every coach that's been in the business has had to face fan

Oct 13, 2014, 8:59 AM

No coach is a perfect play caller. All the greats have had terrible calls, sometimes the players make them look good on those plays. On the other hand there are plenty of great calls where the players blow an assignment or drop a pass.

We got the W that is all that matters at this point. I was thrilled to be able to win a game with virtually nothing from our offense, not many teams in our situation would have been able to pull that one out against that D.

With a week to prepare knowing Cole is the guy and building the game plan around him, I expect better results next week vs a solid BC defense.

Lol remember back in 08 when some clemson fans were pulling for us to lose

Oct 13, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Every coach that's been in the business has had to face fan ]

So that the admin would finally get rid of Bowden?...I think it was agianst wake, but cant be sure.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2014, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Every coach that's been in the business has had to face fan ]

Message boards are forums for fan opinion and no more. Disagreements w/ coaching does not make anyone less of a fan. At the end of the day, 99% of the folks on here are diehard and will be back in full force come every Saturday. Look on the bright side, we haven't put up an 80 ft shrine of our offensive genius.

I for one am glad they did though.....it resurrected the

Oct 13, 2014, 9:20 AM

chicken curse!

you know when I was at the game Saturday I got to thinking

Oct 13, 2014, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Every coach that's been in the business has had to face fan ]

that some of the fans that sit around me wouldn't make very good coaches because they get so bent out of shape so easily. I expected a tough game and I enjoyed the game, they all can't be blowouts. Yes, every play is designed to score a TD but every defensive play is designed to stop the offensive play. This was a very good defensive game and fans just don't get to see many of them in this day and age.

Re: you know when I was at the game Saturday I got to thinking

Oct 13, 2014, 9:27 AM

I agree. A defensive game is both fun to watch and rewarding to win. But they sure do take years off my life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2014, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Every coach that's been in the business has had to face fan ]

hartins, when did you graduate? Maybe you and I are the only ones that remember the Frank Howard days. I graduated in 1962.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Face it Chad Morris looks like a much smarter play

Oct 13, 2014, 8:58 AM

Dabo as a Head Coach, needs to start over riding some of those calls. You can hear how pissed off he sounds when asked about it during a halftime or post game interview. Its like he tells himself before the play(oh hell, I already know this ain't gonna work), but he lets it go anyways. Its like how many times do you have to hit your thumb with a hammer and expect it not to hurt. What they are doing in these short yardage situations is just atrocious! And the end of that first half should never happen! Or we just need to stop being tackled at the 1 yard line lol its like we are just meant to be put in those spots.

I think at halftime that Dabo was just upset about the clock

Oct 13, 2014, 9:23 AM

management and who could blame him for that.

Re: I think at halftime that Dabo was just upset about the clock

Oct 13, 2014, 9:33 AM

Well yeah, that was just inexcusable. Nobody was in a hurry and Stoudt not having the awareness to throw it away. It all has to be fixed, its only lil things that hurting us right now.

Re: Face it Chad Morris looks like a much smarter play

Oct 13, 2014, 2:31 PM

When someone - anyone - in the entire country manages to convince me that using the shotgun formation on short-yardage situations, then maybe I will agree on Dabo/Morris play-calling in that situation. I can only scream so loud, and apparently they can't hear me.

So you are saying that you are in agreement with that call? I mean - they are doing it REPEATEDLY.

FYI: Definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Not saying I agree with quite a few of the calls,

Oct 13, 2014, 2:37 PM

but they were and still are the #1 D in the country. I agree with you in part. Hard not to question the shotgun on the FSU 1 inch line, but he's won more games than he's lost for us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic