Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone still talking about the field goal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 809

Everyone still talking about the field goal

Sep 5, 2016, 9:19 AM

Doesn't seem to realize that we have a new long snapper this year. Estes on the previous field goal had a very high snap that Ryan did an amazing job to get it down.

In the last minute putting a first year starting long snapper on the field in a hostile environment when he already had one go high on him would not be the smartest idea.

Dabo made the right choice like it or not

By the way... We won

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude the FG isn't the problem. Running out of bounds was***

Sep 5, 2016, 9:22 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone still talking about the field goal

Sep 5, 2016, 9:23 AM

Past results aren't a guarantee for future success or failure. The problem was calling a run off tackle knowing Auburn had no timeouts. Just take a knee and run the clock down to :05 and throw it 50 rows up to end the game.

But you're absolutely right. Regardless of how it happened, we got out with the W. The only ranked team in the nation to win a true road game on opening weekend. I'll take that every time.

Sep 5, 2016, 9:29 AM

Dabo trusted his star running back to make the right choice. When that didn't happen he placed his trust in our offense rather than a kicking team. I would have done the same thing

What I don't understand is criticizing a strategy that...

Sep 5, 2016, 9:26 AM

WORKED.

If a kick-6 would have occurred, people would have been hating on that decision too even if it was the "correct" call to make.

We won. I'm fine with not kicking the ball. Beating Allbarn by 6 and not by 9 is not the be all end all. Can we please move on to week 2 now?

~JKB

Re: What I don't understand is criticizing a strategy that...

Sep 5, 2016, 9:30 AM

If the FG would have been blocked I never would have thought it was a bad decision.
Because every other coach in the nation with a good FG kicker try's a 34 yarder.
Just saying

badb, you wouldn't have, but others would have.

Sep 5, 2016, 9:37 AM

It's just the age we live in. Can't please everybody and everyone has an opinion.

I just don't understand not being satisfied with the end result. We won. All this talk about not kicking a fg seems to be taking away from the joy of victory. It's week one. We didn't play our best and still won. We're gonna get better, grow from our mistakes in a WIN, and become a solid title contender. Enjoy the ride everyone.

~JKB

Sep 5, 2016, 9:27 AM

I guess we just sit around and wait on the long snapper to get comfortable before we can try a FG. Not the way it works in big time FB. He's had lots of practice, and Dabo should either have confidence in him, or find someone else to replace him with. We have to be able to kick a FG, and while we won the game, we shouldn't have to worry about a kicking unit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2016, 9:30 AM

we kicked two field goals. Do you put your trust in the kicking team or your all Americans to get it done in a crucial situation.

Replies: 8
| visibility 809
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic