Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heather's right. Alabama is done.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Heather's right. Alabama is done.

Nov 10, 2019, 12:47 AM

http://www.espn.com/core/video/######?id=28045038&endcard=false

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

I shouldn’t have watched that

Nov 10, 2019, 12:51 AM

Now I’m craving a late night sammich

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I shouldn’t have watched that

Nov 10, 2019, 2:25 PM

Gross

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sandwiches can be delicious sir

Nov 30, 2019, 7:10 PM

I like a good Cuban

Re: I shouldn’t have watched that

Nov 11, 2019, 3:36 AM [ in reply to I shouldn’t have watched that ]

Got to appreciate the work of heather sandwich. She really figured out how to get out of the kitchen. Just pump up the SEC and you’re golden.

Re: Heather's right. Alabama is done.

Nov 10, 2019, 12:55 AM

I agree! But the Bama butt-munchers will fight for it along with Paul Big Ears! But if a 1 loss team ever jumps Clemson it would likely be Bammer! They bring too much money to the NCAA behind OSU!

Nov 10, 2019, 2:42 PM

For the first time, im agreeing with the Dinich. I'm going to go 2 steps farther, though. I believe bammer is about to spiral down. Sabans been losing staff constantly for several years. Dabo has been pulling prospects and winning recruiting battles. Saban ain't a spring chicken. Bammer lost big in the last NC. I'm thinking that their reign has come to an end. They'll still be at the top as long as Saban is there, but they are no longer the premiere team to beat.

Go Tigers

I have to say I agree

Nov 10, 2019, 12:58 AM

Bama should go make Heather a sammich! She has a lot of work to do covering the real contenders for a National Championship.

She’ll need her energy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder where she read that?***

Nov 10, 2019, 1:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

on a bread bag***

Nov 10, 2019, 12:29 PM

Nov 10, 2019, 1:20 AM

I understand her reasoning but I'm not yet ready to 100% bury Alabama.

They are in deeper trouble than most folks here believe but the obsession of Alabama haters won't allow them to see things clearly.

Nov 10, 2019, 1:27 AM

They should be done if they use the same logic with Bama as they did when they were ranking us....Bamas schedule is just as soft as ours, with the exception of LSU. This game was their one chance to prove themselves and they couldn’t do it, so why would you put them in the playoffs? I can’t even think of an argument to put them in unless OSU, Oklahoma and Uga just crap the bed in the next couple games.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 1:32 AM

I'm with your reasoning and believe the committee is also. Alabama is probably done, but there are too many things that can happen the next 3 weeks.

And the Oregon/Utah winner...

Nov 10, 2019, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Heather's right. Alabama is done. ]

...and Baylor...

Nov 10, 2019, 1:41 AM

Bama and Georgia will lose to Auburn! You heard it here 1st!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 10, 2019, 12:01 PM

Lol Bama will wax Auburn.

Nov 10, 2019, 4:43 AM

If she is on the committee, she has a vote.
If not she only has an opinion.

I’d still hit it & expect a sammich afterwards***

Nov 10, 2019, 6:13 AM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

She's hotter than she was when she was younger***

Nov 10, 2019, 8:26 AM

Nov 10, 2019, 6:46 AM

No way Bama is done. They just held LSU to a mere 46 points. Come on.

Nov 10, 2019, 7:19 AM

If my life was on the line I would take Bama to beat any team in CFB other than Clemson or LSU and with a month to prepare I would probably take them over LSU.

1. Clemson
2. LSU
3. Alabama
4. Ohio State

Nov 10, 2019, 8:11 AM

You are thinking about the past bama teams with great defenses. This is not a championship defense. They are not a complete team. Oklahoma and Oregon could outscore bama

Nov 10, 2019, 8:34 AM

You should re-watch that game. Keith75 is spot on. Bama would beat LSU 6 of 10 (or more) games IMO.

Nov 10, 2019, 8:56 AM

We dont factor in "ifs". They lost period.

Nov 10, 2019, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Heather's right. Alabama is done. ]

I still trust Bama's sketchy defense to get more stops than Oklahoma or Oregon's in a big game with a month to prepare but we will find out who represents the real DV when we face LSU.

Nov 10, 2019, 7:41 AM

She just said they have a strong shot on ESPN. She said, that if they win out it looks like only Oregon could knock them out, but she said it all comes down to the eye test, especially in the Iron Bowl.

I don't think that's true. Bama isn't getting in over both

Nov 10, 2019, 8:15 AM

12-1 Oregon AND 12-1 Oklahoma, and possibly not 12-1 Utah either, so they need those Big XII and Pac 12 champs to have 2 losses. Also, though really unlikely, Baylor can still potentially finish 13-0.

Re: I don't think that's true. Bama isn't getting in over both

Bama is getting in over Oklahoma more than likely. Conference championships arent that important. Oregon is another story though. 50/50.

Even 538 only gives them an 11% chance

Nov 10, 2019, 8:13 AM

Barring total chaos elsewhere, they are toast.

Re: Even 538 only gives them an 11% chance

Nov 10, 2019, 8:17 AM

Not even a remote test that they are toast without chaos. They have a solid chance. Probably 50/50. It will come down to Georgia losing to LSU and what happens to Oregon. Then of course they need to beat Auburn. They will be in the 4 or 5 spot this week already.

They aren't close to 50/50 IMO

Nov 10, 2019, 8:24 AM

There's no evidence yet that the committee will take an 11-1 non-champ over a 12-1 conference champ. Both times an 11-1 team got into the playoff their competition was an 11-2 conference champ. And in the case of Ohio State in 2016 they had an incredible resume even without the Big Ten title game.

Politically, there's going to be a ton of pressure on the committee to take a 12-1 Pac 12 or Big XII champ over a 2nd SEC team. I think Bama needs several teams to lose to have a good shot. I wouldn't say they are 50/50 unless it's just them vs 12-1 Pac 12 champ Utah. I think they are less than 50% to get in over Oregon or Oklahoma, and a real long shot if both of those teams are 12-1 champs.

Re: They aren't close to 50/50 IMO

I agree; but what if my scenario below comes to pass: a 11-2 UGA conf. champ; 12-1 LSU runnerup with a big loss in Atlanta; and a rejuvenated Bama beats the crap out of everybody, including Auburn on the plains?

I have no prediction about what they'd do, but a 2-loss SEC champ with two one-loss non-champs would really mess up their selection process. It would be fun to watch.

Nov 10, 2019, 8:47 AM [ in reply to They aren't close to 50/50 IMO ]

The computers have them at a 46% chance..so there you go on that. Moreover they are going to be 4th or 5th this week, so about 50% is accurate. Georgia will be 4th or 5th with LSU still to play. Oregon and Georgia are their only two stumbling blocks. The committee will want a West Coast team in there.

What computers? 538 had them at 11% this morning***

Nov 10, 2019, 9:20 AM

Nov 10, 2019, 8:52 AM [ in reply to They aren't close to 50/50 IMO ]

Because of the power of the media in controlling football and the power of the SEC in telling us that Hillary will win by 6% and LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Florida are so great (forget about Vandy, USC, Arkansas, Misery the two ladies schools & tennessee, oh did I mention Kentucky) we will forever live in the shadow of Alabama! Nick Saban is like god...he has his own TV show and insurnace commercial and he can run off a great QB and is complemented by the liberal media! Dabo does not run off Bryant and you'd think he just drowned 6 puppies! They are never going to love Clemson and they will always support the SEC...the system has to support itself!

Nov 10, 2019, 8:57 AM

Do you think Utah is better than Bama?

No but at some point you have to give somebody else

Nov 10, 2019, 11:07 AM

a shot rather than the team that already lost to LSU at home. Why put Bama in at #4 to rematch against LSU when you could give somebody else a chance?

I know the CFP missions statement says "the four BEST teams," but if the CFP really wanted the four BEST teams they would contract some Vegas handicappers to pick the field using advanced metrics and whatever tools they use for setting lines.

That's not how they've selected teams during the 5 year history of the CFP. It's primarily the most "deserving" teams which is largely based on accomplishments and 11-1 Bama won't have accomplished much this year aside from beating Auburn and blowing out a bunch of bad to mediocre teams. Would i still rate them as one of the 4 best teams in the country? Absolutely. I think the real top 4 has been clear for some time now and it's OSU, Clemson, LSU, and Bama. But regular season results have to mean something and right now for Bama they likely mean no postseason.

Tuna is not mobile and he probably won’t be for weeks

Nov 10, 2019, 11:55 AM

That alone would make Vegas handicappers eliminate Bama if they chose the four best teams right now.

Re: No but at some point you have to give somebody else

Nov 10, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to No but at some point you have to give somebody else ]

The mission statement actually says "the best teams." The four has become inferred over the years, and I will agree that has been the common opinion. I know that it is a small distinction, but if it was applied differently I think that it could be significant.

Comparing teams with few if any common opponents can be challenging and very subjective. If they looked as "the best teams" as a general consideration, the best teams could be considered conference champions or arguably a team that due to an upset would be considered "the best" despite not being the champion. When you subdivide the teams into groups where the teams have a common denominator for comparison, the best teams are clearer and less subjective. Then determine "the best" of the best to play each other. If you look for "the 4 best", you insert a lot of opinions that are not based on comparative facts. In my honest opinion, that is not how this should be done.

Nov 10, 2019, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Even 538 only gives them an 11% chance ]

Just make it the SEC invitational geez

Nov 10, 2019, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Even 538 only gives them an 11% chance ]

I don't know about chaos, but I do think that they need help. I think that a 1 loss PAC 12 champ would go before them, as well as, a 1 loss Big 12 champ. I don't know that I would call it chaos for those 2 conferences to end up with 2 losses, but I think that would open the door.

Nov 10, 2019, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Even 538 only gives them an 11% chance ]

Clemson gave everyone the pattern last January on how to toast Alabama

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 8:21 AM

Bama's not dead; they just don't control their own destiny.

But if Bama wins out big (esp @ Auburn), Auburn beats UGA (very possible), and then LSU loses big to UGA in Atlanta (not unthinkable), I could easily see the Bama factor reasserting itself, particularly combined with the Tua-wasn't-100% factor.\

Stranger things have happened.

Nov 10, 2019, 8:35 AM

If LSU would have lost and Alabama won I would fight more for LSU to be in due to their schedule. But OP is correct. Alabama only good team would be LSU and since they loss I think there is a slim chance they make it to the end. But I’ve seen it happen before but a lot will have to happen to get them in. We will see when the ranking comes out. There is no way they should just drop one spot and Clemson jump 2 that’s crazy

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tua, Bama and Saban.....

Nov 10, 2019, 9:07 AM

....have looked lost, confused, and not well prepared in losing to the last two good teams they have played in calendar year 2019.

Tua's mishandled fumble down near the LSU goal line early in the game last night was hilarious. He looked like Tim Conway playing QB. The entire Bama team lost composure and choked against both LSU and Clemson.

Saban has walked the sidelines looking angry, confused and seemingly really surprised by how badly he's getting beaten against both Clemson and LSU. In both games it is as if the curtain has dropped and shown the Wizard of Oz to be a small nervous man.

I think Heather is correct in her observations about Bama. What's not clear is whether or not Bama's body of work over the last ten years will make the committee forget how the Tide looked against the last two good QBs they have faced.

Notice how many Tiger fans are ready to re-anoint Bama on the same night they were down 20 points in the first half of a home game. The Bama mystique lives large in many minds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tua, Bama and Saban.....

Nov 10, 2019, 9:41 AM

Harley® said:

Notice how many Tiger fans are ready to re-anoint Bama on the same night they were down 20 points in the first half of a home game. The Bama mystique lives large in many minds.

This. This. This.

Alabama has a hypnotic spell over the majority of Clemson fans here. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

she is the only one on earth to out forehead fivehead***

Nov 10, 2019, 11:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uh oh you said her name

Nov 10, 2019, 12:04 PM

now for the nasty comments about her

Re: uh oh you said her name

Nov 10, 2019, 2:45 PM

Bama can score because they have crazy good athletes at skill positions, but their defense looks much worse this year than last year, and we hung 44 on them last year. I am not sure Bama is going to beat Auburn.

Nov 30, 2019, 7:14 PM

Thanks Heather Obvious.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic