Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Elephant in the room - Homefield Advantage!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Elephant in the room - Homefield Advantage!

Jan 14, 2020, 4:59 AM

Media beat down Clemson all year with their narrative & commentaries because they absolutely did not want us to win back-to-back Natties and surpass the SEC/B1G cartel they serve.

Q) When the CFP Poll started, what was the BIGGEST TOPIC?
A)...
1) Nobody wanted to play Clemson!
2) How do we avoid Clemson in Semis?

They knew Clemson was the best team!

Q) So how did they overcome it?
A)...
1) Ensure Clemson would be at the biggest possible Disadvantage through the Playoffs.
2) Set the Venues & Opponents to Most Difficult path for Clemson and Easiest/Most Favorable for their Darling pick between the SEC/B1G (LSU)

Switching #1 Ohio State and #2 LSU in the last CFP Poll accomplished both of their goals by making Clemson play the most physical & complete team #1 Ohio State in a venue of 2 vs. 3 where the opponent would likely have many more fans in attendance. If Clemson didn’t lose the game we were sure to be as physically & mentally exhausted as possible.

At the same time, Darling pick (LSU)
got 2 Guaranteed home crowds (SEC)
in their venues while playing the weakest team (OU) in the Semifinal and having a TRUE HOMEFIELD GAME advantage in the CFP Final. (Could not have been any more favorable for LSU)

I know it’s “All About The Benjamin’s”, that’s what it’s always been about, but it’s sickening the lengths they will take to keep the status quo.

Say what you will, you know it’s true!

We lost the game on the field but there was a lot of manufactured forces off the field Clemson was subjected to that were extremely prejudiced.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elephant in the room - Homefield Advantage!

Jan 14, 2020, 5:06 AM

Don't forget the hotel ballroom nonsense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 5:09 AM

Enough with the excuses. We got beat. Simple, call it what you will! A lot of people we’re very arrogant and over confident about a team with 80+ under class men. Joe Burrito, as bad as I dislike his attitude, played out of his mind. This was their year, yeah it sucks. This team and program is not going away anytime soon and is probably 2 years away from another GREAT team. Enjoy the ride. Beats the Tommy day’s right? West/ Bowden

Jan 14, 2020, 6:44 AM

The truth is, we beat ourselves on O. D made plenty of stops, though, of course, they were not "great". Just a weird vibe on O. Wasn't anything they were doing on D, not that they aren't a good team, but our O just had a weird feel, to me. Very "un-Clemsony" on O. If you watch every game, you know I mean. Oddly low level of basic execution combined with poor, overall, offensive play calling.

Jan 14, 2020, 7:09 AM

tony e is overrated playcaller

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For a year the board has scoffed 'bama excuses......

Jan 14, 2020, 5:15 AM

Now we make our own list of excuses?

LSU beat Clemson. They did it the ol' fashion way, shutting down the offense and boat racing the defense.

Congrats to Coach O and Joe Burrow. They are the better team.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a minute Mr. Parris

Jan 14, 2020, 6:08 AM

I clearly stated we lost the game on the field....NO EXCUSES!

Pointing out off the field biases that were extremely prejudicial and clearly orchestrated is both undeniable and valid.

".......off the field biases......."

Jan 14, 2020, 8:46 AM

".......off the field biases......." did not miss one tackle.

".......off the field biases......." did not miss one read.

".......off the field biases......." did not miss one block.

".......off the field biases......." did not drop one pass.

".......off the field biases......." did not blow one coverage.

".......off the field biases......." did not cause etc., etc., etc.

Against all "....off the field biases...." Clemson made it to the big game. Had a great opportunity.

And lost to a better team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 6:24 AM

just stop embarrassing yourself...their players beat ours

Jan 14, 2020, 6:28 AM

Anywhere. Anytime. Anybody. Stop making excuses. We got beat.

Jan 14, 2020, 6:31 AM

We lose to that LSU team 8 out of 10 times. We didnt have the D no matter where the game was played.

Jan 14, 2020, 6:47 AM

I disagree. It was clearly our O that lost the game

Jan 14, 2020, 6:50 AM

Our D and O were bad. Our D was destroyed. We didnt have the D either. Our D line is weak. They would put up 35 on us 10 out of 10 times if we played them that many times. Sure our O was bad and could have done way better, but we didnt have the player personnel on D.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Elephant in the room - Homefield Advantage! ]

What lost the game was giving up over 600 yards of total offense, 463 passing yards, and 5 TD passes (and a dropped one).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Elephant in the room - Homefield Advantage! ]

Your D did about as well as it will ever do in 10 matchups.. but why you guys abandoned the run left me baffled. Not only should running etienne have been your main gameplan, but they had no answer for him in the first half.

Jan 14, 2020, 7:07 AM

I dont think it is a conspiracy like you suggest, but I will agree that you guys got screwed by having to play vs us first.

Although i appreciate the complement, I wouldnt necessarily say we are the most complete team. Both you and LSU had better wrs/qb than us and our linebackers are straight garbage. Where you are correct however, is that we were the most physical team and i think it showed as your team was still a little beat up, while LSU basically came in fresh after a scrimmage for their semi matchup.

I kind of wish the committee would avoid the politics and just pick the 4 best teams. No 1 outside of oklahoma thought that the Sooners would beat bama/wisconsin/penn state/Oregon. LSU dodged a bullet by not having to play a team that would atleast hit them in the mouth.

You guys were definitely the most complete team

Jan 14, 2020, 7:12 AM

I really think that OSU would have had a closer game last night. You have the studs on the defensive line to pressure Burrow and we didn't and I'm sure Day would have had a better offensive game plan that what we had - especially with sticking with the run with Dobbins.

Re: You guys were definitely the most complete team

Jan 14, 2020, 7:15 AM

Definitely. OSU just choked vs us. They match up better with LSU with their DL.

Jan 14, 2020, 7:13 AM

I am pretty sure the venues are set WAY before the teams are set.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:33 AM

WoW, you figured that out but can’t figure out why they switched the Top 2 teams in the last CFP Poll?

Hint: It was so they could ensure a certain team would get to a certain venue which would ensure a certain advantage.

You get it now......don’t you?

Jan 14, 2020, 8:59 AM

It was all one great conspiracy.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:35 AM

Regularly.

Maybe we can get a playoff game at Greenville High School

Jan 14, 2020, 11:15 AM

one day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:20 AM

We would have lost that game in "our" Death Valley with zero allotted tickets to LSU fans

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic