Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Early Look at 2020 ACC Football Schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Early Look at 2020 ACC Football Schedule

Jan 6, 2020, 7:29 AM

Clemson has all 4 non-conference games scheduled. None of them is in Week 1 or 2.

See https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2020/01/early-look-at-2020-schedule-weeks-1-3.html

Potential games for the first 2 weeks for the Tigers include:

Week 1:
Clemson vs Louisville
Clemson vs NC State
Clemson vs Syracuse
Clemson vs Ga Tech

Week 2
Clemson vs Louisville
Clemson vs FSU

Someone has to move an OOC game from week 2 to 1 or from 1 to 2 to avoid byes in both weeks - so it's possible Clemson will play an OOC game after all... but more likely another team makes the change and the Tigers open with two ACC games, IMO. What are your thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Early Look at 2020 ACC Football Schedule

Jan 6, 2020, 7:35 AM

We're playing the Zips? And why does a team in ohio have a kangaroo mascot?

Jan 6, 2020, 7:48 AM

I guess it’s better than a pair of rubber overshoes, called zippers.

Jan 6, 2020, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Early Look at 2020 ACC Football Schedule ]

If that wasn't bad enough, they are pretty much considered the worst football team in the FBS. Doesn't help our SOS a bit. We are going to hear it from the peanut gallery I'm sure. *Sigh*

Jan 6, 2020, 8:47 AM

Probably... then Bama will schedule them the following year and they'll be great again!

Akron become the only winless team of 2019

Jan 6, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Early Look at 2020 ACC Football Schedule ]

????????????

Jan 6, 2020, 9:31 AM

I wouldn’t mind opening with two ACC games, but it’s unfortunate one of them will likely be Louisville. They could very well be the second best team in the Atlantic and would make for an interesting game in late October. Just taking a guess on next year’s schedule;

N.C. State/Syracuse
Louisville
Akron
@Georgia Tech
Virginia
@BC
Bye
@FSU
Syracuse/N.C. State
@ND
Citadel
@Wake
U6C

Jan 6, 2020, 10:10 AM

Why don’t you guys complain to the administration? That schedule is awful. Who wants to watch that crap?

We traditionally play FSU later in the year

Jan 6, 2020, 9:43 AM

and would prefer that to be the case in 2020 so that we have some game film on FSU's new offensive/defensive scheme under Norvell when we meet.

An early year Louisville match-up could be entertaining with early ACC Atlantic division implications - Satterfield has really done a great job in his first year at Louisville and may be the second best team in the ACC Atlantic next year.

If I had my choice it would be:

Week 1: GA Tech
Week 2: Louisville

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either way, let's get Satterfield's bunch out of the way

Jan 6, 2020, 9:50 AM

early. They will be a future thorn in our side. That guy can coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hi VPI&SU Mark, I know this is a foreign concept to

Jan 6, 2020, 10:02 AM

VPI&SU football fans, but our season is still going. So we are focused on a national championship game a week from today. So run along with your 2020 schedule and stop trying to get us to look ahead to whoever our first opponent will be next season.

Also, congrats on letting a non-QB from Kentucky beat y'all before, during and after the Belk Bowl. Thanks for representing our conference with absolutely zero class at a meaningless bowl game. Well done!

Can we re-form the Big East and ship VPI&SU, Cuse, Pitt and BC back to it? We'll hang onto Miami just in case they ever decide to play football again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Hi VPI&SU Mark, I know this is a foreign concept to

Jan 6, 2020, 11:54 AM

Appreciate the Southern Hospitality, dude.

If you know anything about this year's Belk Bowl, you'll know that
1) it was Kentucky who started the fight - VT simply refused to back down (Bowden actually threw the first punch on camera but still was allowed to play - whatever)
2) VT technically won that game, but a late (under a minute) fumble by Kentucky wasn't even reviewed - even though the Hokie defender had the ball in his hands a good 2 or 3 yards behind where the ball carrier went down (and there's a camera angle that shows him taking the ball away - but as I said, it wasn't reviewed).

Anyway, best wishes to all true Clemson fans on Another Clemson Championship. Hopefully the day will come when you can root for Virginia Tech in the national title game.

We tried the southern hospitality route once with VPI&SU

Jan 6, 2020, 12:58 PM

in Death Valley and your classless fans showed us what they thought about it through their disrespect. So no, don't expect me to be welcoming to you or any other hokie.

As to your point #1 - no, VT started the fight, days before the actual game when your players were calling Bowden a p*$$y on twitter. I don't blame Bowden one bit for taking the fight to y'all on the field. It was just VT people doing classless VT things.

As to your point #2 - wow, you sound like Ohio State fans. Here's a thought, don't put yourself in a position where the refs determine the outcome of a game. And, you still just needed to make one stop, even after Kentucky kept that ball.

Finally, I will never root for VPI&SU to win a national title in football, even if y'all get to the national title game (you won't). Hth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: We tried the southern hospitality route once with VPI&SU

Jan 6, 2020, 1:08 PM

I see. Guess you told me. Too bad I don't have as much class a you do...

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic