Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Abc come in on a digital antenna good?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Does Abc come in on a digital antenna good?

May 15, 2019, 5:16 PM

So I switched to Hulu for the purpose of having ACC Network. However now Hulu doesn’t have abc. So my question is will a digital antenna pick up abc in Liberty sc? If so which antenna is best? Thanks I’m ready for Clemson Football

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Abc come in on a digital antenna good?

May 15, 2019, 5:27 PM

Probably so. I live in Columbia, but I can get OTA stations from 75 miles away with a Leaf antenna and no amplification. Check online for station locations and antenna recommendations for your distance to the station - with the right antenna you should be fine:

https://www.antennasdirect.com/transmitter-locator.html

May 15, 2019, 7:53 PM

Problem with the upstate is the ABC affliate is in Asheville (WLOS). It's tough to pick up in some areas with some digital antennas.

May 15, 2019, 5:33 PM

I would also recommend getting an OTA digital recorder. I have Tivo, and it is great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on your location and the range of the antenna that

May 15, 2019, 8:03 PM

you have. There are numerous websites on the subject where you put in your address and it gives you the over the air channels around you, where they are directionally, and how strong their signal should be at your address. They can help you get the right antenna.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2019, 5:33 PM

An antenna doesn't work for me. It depends on the distance, plus your area's reception capabilities. If it doesn't work, Playstation Vue has ABC and ACCN. I'm still hoping YouTube will add it before the beginning of the season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 15, 2019, 5:36 PM

Thanks y’all for advice

Use what the pros use

May 16, 2019, 9:08 AM

https://images.app.goo.gl/o8RPHedbKH1cag2r7

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I can't imagine why Hulu in the upstate wouldn't carry Asheville ABC

May 15, 2019, 8:02 PM

station. Can you switch your local zip code to Asheville? You can do that with YouTube TV. The only problem is, you can't just keep switching it back and forth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2019, 8:02 PM

I only get 7 and 62 in Columbus NC. Not that close to you so you may have luck. I think the mountains do not help here.

May 15, 2019, 8:03 PM

If the game is on ABC it will be streaming live on WatchESPN, so if you can’t get ABC you can watch there .

May 15, 2019, 8:51 PM

Thank you for telling me that

May 15, 2019, 8:48 PM

I can’t get it OTA in Fair Play which is about 15 miles east of Clemson. My antenna is state of the art.

May 15, 2019, 9:14 PM

Jessy89 said:

So I switched to Hulu for the purpose of having ACC Network. However now Hulu doesn’t have abc. So my question is will a digital antenna pick up abc in Liberty sc? If so which antenna is best? Thanks I’m ready for Clemson Football

Very questionable. I Cannot get ABC in Clemson w good ears.

May 16, 2019, 5:29 AM

I always heard that the quality of OTA pictures are better than satellite or cable. Turns out it's true.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 6:44 AM

If you have Hulu with live tv you should have abc - but a properly placed tv antenna should pick up Greenville stations- mine sits on an tv armoire up near the ceiling and I use the HD Home Run to broadcast wirelessly to other TVs in the house. It is not ideal but it beats exhorbitant cable bills.

May 16, 2019, 7:14 AM

ABC has always been a problem in the upstate of SC because of the location in Asheville and the mountains in between. The translators don't seem to help much. I gave up on cutting the cord because of that. I tried everything but a roof top antenna... TV top, attic... neither worked well in downtown Greenville.

May 16, 2019, 7:19 AM

This^

I am on the "wrong side" aka the NC mountains and ABC is the only thing I get (other than UNCTV). Sometimes I get Fox Carolina but I have more in/out issues naturally.

From what I understand is that if I want to get WYFF4 or the SC stations, I need to go "big' rooftop antenna.

I yearn for the day one of the media companies add an ABC

May 16, 2019, 8:37 AM

affliate in the Greenville-Spartanburg area the way they added an NBC one in Myrtle Beach back around 2010. If WLOS is not going to do something about their signal here then it looks like it would be a good opportunity for someone like Grey or one of the other media companies not already here.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic