Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dobbins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Dobbins

Dec 23, 2019, 9:10 AM

We've played Dobbins all year long...Florida State, Boston College etc...and those great running backs were stopped by Clemson...BC has a horse and we rode him all game...just remember that our secondary can cover man...we can put Tanner down if we need to and he can tackle anyone! We are good at tackling one on one if you have not noticed...those have been great failures this year of Bama, LSU & Oklahoma! Have not seen that much of OSU but they did have a little trouble with the cat from Wisconsin!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dobbins

Dec 23, 2019, 9:15 AM

Way different. Ohio State has a balanced attack, a better OL, a stud QB, good wr's. This will be the first time we have seen a real challenge.

Dec 23, 2019, 10:32 AM

Alabama had all of those pieces Carlsbad ... plus the experience that OSU doesn't .
We'll be fine . I am in the corner that thinks this game will more resemble those two CFBP games from 2018 than anything resembling us struggling to win or *gasp* losing .

Go Tigers !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 23, 2019, 10:45 AM

I am not as sold as you are that our D this year is that great or how good Ohio State is this year. Just a wait and see for me. I live our O though.

Dec 23, 2019, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Dobbins ]

I hope you are right, but it is easy to forget just how dominant the D-Line was last year.

IMHO the greatest D-Line ever in college football - and deep too.

I like our D-Line now but they cannot be as good as last year's.

Disagree

Dec 23, 2019, 9:19 AM

Dobbins is nothing like AJ Dillon. Maybe closer to Cam Akers. What you and others refuse to understand is putting our DB one v one against BC and FSU receivers is much different than OSU. We will have to commit extra bodies to stop the run. That is a given. It will leave our DBs 1v1 against much better receivers.

IMO Clemson will win but if we turn the ball over it will make a huge difference.

OSU has a great team but it is going to be a dogfight.

Re: Disagree

Dec 23, 2019, 10:47 AM

I agree with you here. I'm no expert, but my thought is Muse gets sent up front for TE Coverage and run support, while Simmons is either blitzing or shadowing Fields.

Re: Disagree

Dec 23, 2019, 1:33 PM

Then who is playing deep ?

BV is going to play a dozen different schemes and camouflage them all. The way to beat this balanced team is to confuse young Mr. Fields pre-snap and keep him guessing.

Dobbie will be getting a much different kind of Sock from

Dec 23, 2019, 10:08 AM

us than the one he got from Harry Potter. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 10:17 AM

I'm amazed how many people here think this will be an easy game.

Stopping/containing Dobbins will be the toughest task our defense has faced all year, by far. Their balanced attack makes it even harder.

If FSU and BC were any good, why did they fire their coaches?

Dec 23, 2019, 10:25 AM

Its much easier to stop a running attack when the QB is no threat in the passing game. That wont be the case at all Saturday as Fields will be the best QB we've played this season. I think we will win because we outscore them, not becuase we shut them down.

Dec 23, 2019, 10:30 AM

Couldn’t beat out Jake Fromm. He looks great throwing to wide open receivers. See Tua. I think Perkins from UVA and Howell from UNC comparable.

Dec 23, 2019, 10:36 AM

??????

Dec 23, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Dobbins ]

If you don't think Fields was better than Fromm this year, I don't know what to say.

If you think we've faced an offense near the caliber of Ohio State's, SMH.

Dec 23, 2019, 11:14 AM

Yeah that’s par for the course with most here on tnet. The football iq on this board is downright hilarious.

Dec 23, 2019, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Dobbins ]

Maybe I'm off base but I don't worry about Fields. I do about Dobbins. We haven't seen an offense like them but they certainly have not seen a defense like ours and that is without considering 3 weeks to prepare. I keep hearing that it won't be like 31-0 but we were a 5 point underdog then me now we are the favorite. I don't expect that again but I do expect it to be comfortable.

Dec 23, 2019, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Dobbins ]

Perhaps Fields is better than Fromm. That is an opinion. It’s a fact that Fromm beat him out for the job. Was Kirby wrong? Maybe. But we can only speculate.

Dec 23, 2019, 3:28 PM

Perhaps? Opinion? Speculate? Oh brother!

Who gives a care what happened last year when Fields was a true freshman? It doesn't matter whether Kirby was wrong or not.

THIS YEAR, there is no comparison between them. Fields is better than Fromm could ever dream of being.

Wow

Dec 23, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Dobbins ]

I expect more informed opinions from an engineer.

Re: Wow

Dec 23, 2019, 3:15 PM

Engineers prefer facts as opposed to opinions.

Dec 23, 2019, 10:36 AM

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty. Don't hit me with them negative waves.

Dec 23, 2019, 11:18 AM

If you play man and load the box, it’ll be crossing rout city and Ohio State will hang 60.
Good thing for you, bad thing for me, Venables is the DC and not you.

Dec 23, 2019, 11:18 AM

If you play man and load the box, it’ll be crossing rout city and Ohio State will hang 60.
Good thing for you, bad thing for me, Venables is the DC and not you.

60?

Dec 23, 2019, 11:26 AM

you will be lucky to get 4 field goals in this game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

LMAO. Y'all gonna find out pretty quick Clemson

Dec 23, 2019, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Dobbins ]

isn't Penn St, Mich, or Wisc. The arrogance of OH St fans just because you have a better team than you usually do (that ain't saying much) would be comical if not so annoying.

In case you haven't heard 'bout this one cat named Simmons

Dec 23, 2019, 1:40 PM

He is the Ultimate X-factor on our D. They will have to run Dobbins & Fields away from Isaiah, straight into the waiting arms of Skalski, Smith and Thomas. As long as one of them can slow these buckies down, we can put on a swaggie-swarming, gang-tackling clinic.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic