Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think this talk of Ray Ray to DB is because of what
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Do you think this talk of Ray Ray to DB is because of what

Aug 6, 2017, 9:42 AM

coaches saw in Amari Rodgers?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think this talk of Ray Ray to DB is because of what

Aug 6, 2017, 9:45 AM

I think it was primarily because RR is hurt and cannot practice at WR so it is better that he practice at DB than stand on the sideline

^^^this

Aug 6, 2017, 10:11 AM

Nothing more to it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

according to Dabo......Yes***

Aug 6, 2017, 5:35 PM

I highly doubt that is just it. They truly think...

Aug 6, 2017, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think this talk of Ray Ray to DB is because of what ]

he may get some time at DB one day. They are checking it out.

Without the injury

Aug 6, 2017, 10:22 AM

he'd still be working with thw 1s on O. If it were later in camp and he was moved while healthy, there would be something to it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree there, but they see potential at DB.

Aug 6, 2017, 10:28 AM

They aren't just messing around to goof off. They are looking at him at DB to get some snaps possibly and Ray Ray said he is open to it. It's not just them goofing around passing time and having some fun until Ray Ray gets healthier. There absolutely is something to it. To what extent? Nobody knows. They are taking a look.

As far as that goes, absolutely. I agree.

Aug 6, 2017, 11:02 AM

My comment was Amari hasn't taken Ray's job.

They are diversifying Ray Ray's risk to get into NFL

Aug 6, 2017, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Without the injury ]

If he doesn't have sufficient receiver skills/tools to make it at next level as receive given the competition at that level, then cross train him as DB and get him on the field! It isn't just sheer willpower by Ray Ray that makes it happen, sometimes it is innate skills too. Mature folks know this and want to help him make his $$.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see that point.

Aug 6, 2017, 11:05 AM

Still say if his wrist weren't in a brace, he'd still be working with the 1s on O

Aug 6, 2017, 9:59 AM

Same thought crossed my mind. Ray Ray and Cain joined together and they were buddies 5 star athletes..

Ray Ray impact was not as noticeable as Cain. Could it that it was over shadowed by Scott?
Amari is more of a threat to Ray's position I think than any other new recruit and your analysis could be dead on but there is another side to that....

Are we think on DB?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Yes Sir !!!

Aug 6, 2017, 10:05 AM

Yes,Yes,& Yes ( Amari may be that ""special player"" of this class?? ) I seem to remember,a receiver named "Sammy Watkins"" that caught the coaches eye from day one of his fist practice and not just a coach,all the coaches seem to be noticing this kid** -- I think the coaches are going to try to put the ""best 11 athletes"" on the field,on both sides of the ball -- The coaching staff has always encouraged ( not forced ) the kids to play where they have talent, __ so they get playing time & excel as a player !!! I for one,would love to see Ray Ray,intercepting passes and running em' back for touchdowns !!!! GO TIGERS !!!

Ditto! ??***

Aug 6, 2017, 11:13 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If so it's likely because of what they know they have with

Aug 6, 2017, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Yes Sir !!! ]

The group at field wr, Powell being a big part of that group although currently nursing a hammy. Not just Amari.

I'm not sold it plays out le this, expect ray Ray bAck on offense.

Aug 6, 2017, 10:10 AM

It may be his best path to the NFL as well since he a tweener on offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Aug 6, 2017, 10:25 AM

They mentioned that they had discussed this over the summer, before rodgers stepped onto campus and before he injured his hand. Take what you like from that, except that he is not in the doghouse as has been suggested in here by some.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 10:48 AM

Was also going to mention this. Coaches said they talked about Ray Ray at DB over the Summer. Long before Amari arrived.

Aug 6, 2017, 12:20 PM

True; they were thinking about moving Ray Ray to DB before Amari arrived; and DB may be his best path to Sundays. But, I saw some footage of Amari that you posted in an earlier post, and after watching that, I was like there is no way any coach is keeping him off the field. Amari may not have been on campus, but we have some of the smartest coaches in the country and they have access to footage (plus much more)! Given than Renfrow is already a great possession reciever............

A lot of good replies and thoughts...

Aug 6, 2017, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think this talk of Ray Ray to DB is because of what ]

IMHO RR has tremendous potential as a pro CB and punt return man once he gets healthy. Amazing quick twitch ability and natural ball skills that most DB's don't have. That said, for the 1st time in a long time, the team is building up at DB as well as WR. It will be hard to keep Mullen and Terrell off the field. Maybe one can move to S. As for Rodgers, for a frosh, he is a grown man. He can contribute this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Aug 6, 2017, 11:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think "Jabrill Peppers" ...

Aug 6, 2017, 11:30 AM

Ray Ray's one of the most electrifying players on the team and can be a very special contributor on offense the next two years.

He just also happens to have the athletic ability to play DB as well.

He could morph into a Jabrill Peppers sort of player for the Tigers.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

XRe: Think "Jabrill Peppers" ...

Aug 6, 2017, 11:55 AM

Uhhh no

Then don't think Jabrill Peppers ...***

Aug 6, 2017, 12:57 PM

You're right ... no way a consensus 5-star player who was recruited by absolutely everyone and who was versatile enough to excel at RB, WR, and DB in high school could ever go the same route as Jabrill Peppers. It just couldn't happen.

Re: Then don't think Jabrill Peppers ...***

Aug 6, 2017, 5:34 PM

Jabrill was an undersized linebacker. R2M3 will be a little undersized for corner.

Re: Then don't think Jabrill Peppers ...***

Aug 6, 2017, 9:30 PM

I'm just talking about versatility and talent at multiple positions.

I really believe it's more of he's not allowed to catch

Aug 6, 2017, 11:59 AM

the ball at practice right now so they are trying him out on defense to give looks to the new wrs, but I fully expect him to play wr unless we have injuries in the secondary then he might help out like Adam Humphries did.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2017, 12:55 PM

It is NOT for Rogers - it is preparing everyone for a way to get Kelly Bryant on the field in case he can't move the chains successfully at QB. It seems pretty clear to me. KB will be running the Jet Sweep by game #2 with Auburn. He might run it against Kent St, but I seriously doubt that. Dabo will save that surprise for AU. I hope AU fans/coaches do not read t-net.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic