Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Roar Radio Station
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

The Roar Radio Station

Dec 17, 2019, 6:40 PM

Just started listening to Clemson's radio station as of late and I was just wondering everyone's thoughts on the various shows. I am a big fan of Roy Philpotts show early in the morning. I like Kelly and Qualk even though at some points I think they may not know as much as the other hosts. Then I am torn on Walt, I think he's very smart, especially with talent evaluation; however I think he trys to make takes that are to crazy sometimes just to try and say he was right. Was just wondering yall's thoughts!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Roar Radio Station

Dec 17, 2019, 6:43 PM

Walt has blocked more than half The Roar listeners on Twitter, Ben Milstead was on there apologizing, I said "it's not your fault, he couldn't handle Utah losing after he pushed them as a legit playoff worthy team all season", he acts like a total snowflake if you disagree with him

^^^complains about being blocked^^^

Dec 17, 2019, 7:11 PM

classic

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Maybe it is

Dec 18, 2019, 9:59 AM

Walt!?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Dec 17, 2019, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: The Roar Radio Station ]

I don’t think Roy has had a show for several years.

Dec 17, 2019, 8:20 PM

Mickey Plyler is the morning show Philpott hasn’t been on in a couple years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 9:53 PM

My bad I meant Mickey Plyler

Each show is very different

Dec 17, 2019, 11:05 PM

I mainly listen to Mickey and Walt as they are on during my commute. Those shows are very different but both are good enough that I generally keep it tuned in. The regular callers are the biggest drawback to WCCP as a whole. Why they keep letting the same 10-15 callers get through to every show every day with the same take is beyond me.

Because no one else is calling. I don't buy that the lines..

Dec 18, 2019, 7:02 AM

are always "backed up" when the same people get into every show every day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Each show is very different

Dec 18, 2019, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Each show is very different ]

You arent talking about Delvin are you?

Miity...I'ba caw yoo aday ah axe buh da cawbuh fum Sinnka. Yaw tink he gon fow fuh mah yahds din da udda one?

Dec 18, 2019, 8:34 AM

And Mickey can understand him perfectly and translate:

Mickey, I've called today to ask you about the quarterback from Seneca. Do you think he can throw for more yards than the other one?

Dec 18, 2019, 9:56 AM

A disability. Your a classy one.

delvin has a dissability***

Dec 18, 2019, 9:57 AM

Re: delvin has a dissability***

Dec 18, 2019, 10:08 AM

What is it ? Calling every show in the upstate

Dec 18, 2019, 10:20 AM

You said "Walt is doing cool segments......"

Really? He is awful. Same 6 callers everyday yet the "lines are loaded". I am the one who would track his weekly picks. Noticed that after about the 4-5 week this season he stopped giving his picks out. He was under 50% AGAIN for the season yet not in his mind.

Finally....he and his callers claim that he is so good at talent evaluation and all of that. He mocks the guys on ESPN, NFL Network, etc yet he is the one on a small radio station is SC. Go figure.

Dec 18, 2019, 10:32 AM

I didn’t say that

Dec 18, 2019, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Each show is very different ]

*You're

Have you gotten his diagnosis or are you assuming things about him?

the best part of Walt is when he goes off on

Dec 18, 2019, 8:41 AM

The Coots, Leg Humpers or Vols. Same with Mickey. At least they finally got rid of the FATASS smug yankee Zack Orr.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Re: the best part of Walt is when he goes off on

Dec 18, 2019, 10:07 AM

Zack was great. A lot better than qualk

Dec 18, 2019, 10:04 AM

I generally like all the shows. Qualk and Kelly can sometimes get off on non-sports talk a little too long. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the audience is as interested in their commute to work as much as they think we are. Walt... meh. I could maybe tolerate his obnoxious theme song if he only played 30 seconds of it, but at the top of each hour, they let all 12 verses of it play. I feel like I'm in an alternative universe, and Walt's show is the equivalent of a Baptist church and his theme song is the alternate version of "Just As I Am."

Dec 18, 2019, 10:08 AM

I like listening to Mickey's show when he has people on the show who talk Clemson sports and recruiting. Kelly and Qualk's show is like watching Sportscenter, I think they have ESPN on in the background and talk about whatever comes up on the TV. I'm a big Walt fan just because he is always doing cool segments where he has countdowns of best players and mock drafts.

Brad's show is completely worthless.

Dec 18, 2019, 10:35 AM

A power ranking of the WCCP shows:

1. OOB - Qualk and Kelly are highly entertaining and give you pretty in-depth analysis, as well.

-- Huge Gap --

2. Mickey - Enjoy his interviews with Strelow and Josh Williams, and he talks mostly about Clemson. His constant use of "uhhhh" and "ummmmm" can make it hard to listen to at times.

3. Road Rage - Mr. Hot Take himself, Deptula seems to know his stuff, but when you actually track his picks and hold him accountable, you find he's just a legend in his own mind. If you call him out on it, he talks over you (or blocks you on Twitter), similar to how you would expect a teenager to behave. Only good part of his show is when Tajh joins him for a few segments.

-- Canyon-Sized Gap --

4. The Press Box - Brad is an absolute doofuss. The toenail on my pinkie toe has more personality than this boob. His show is boring, he has horrible guests, and his voice makes you want to drive head-on into traffic. Nothing redeeming about him, and I wish they would fire him and hire Mark Childress today.

null

The Sinkuff guys show is the absolute worse .. I call him

Dec 18, 2019, 10:43 AM

they Heyena bc all he does is laugh at his own lame comments. He thinks he's funny .. he is not. Qualk and Kelley talk about too much basketball and then a bunch of millennial topics, so don't listen that much either anymore. Walt is tolerable in small doses. Mickey would be tops if you had to rank them.

Sinkuff should be fired though!! Hire Mark Childress

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2019, 2:09 PM

Long time WCCP listener here through their app. I'll listen to the podcast as well to catch up or hear an interview I've missed. I'll say this, I have both the old and new app loaded on my phone. The new one doesn't always work and I have to use the old one. A lot of the podcast won't load either. It's the only podcasts I have trouble with.

That said, I'd say.

1. The Roy Philpott show. I know it's gone, but it was real good. Roy can talk. Interesting topics he'd pick too. He liked the NBA which was painful at times. But his Clemson coverage was great.

2. The Mickey Plyer Show - I listen to Mickey Plyer every morning. It's a great listen. Good guests. He loves golf which bores me, but I'd listen to it. Zach was a great dude to pair him with because it created discussion. Yeah, Zach could be whiney, but he was interesting.

Big gap

3. Road Rage - Walt is hit or miss. When he's humble and breaking down games, he does a great job. Yup, his picks are average. The WCCP challenge is evidence enough of that. I think Ramona was a game better than him. I give him credit for his ability to talk about sports like boxing and horse racing etc. But I can't listen to that. I listen in and if its interesting, I keep listening. If not, I turn it off.

4. OOB - Qualk and Kelly are not bad and not great. They seem to re-read what they read on the internet. And they are like a old married couple who always agree with each other. Big Clemson homers who I don't thing could ever be critical of anything Clemson....like the basketball program.

-- Really Big Gap --

5. The Press Box - The show is as dry as old paint. Granted I don't listen to the radio during the work day. I'll listen to it, I just can't get excited about it.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic