Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Decommitments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Decommitments

Sep 12, 2019, 2:55 PM

I had been wondering what players may have decommitted from Clemson in the time that we have gone to the playoffs. I saw an article that pointed out 3 recruits that have decommitted since 2013; Dalvin Cook, Cordarrian Richardson and Juwuan Briscoe. I guess Shaq Smith doesn't count being that he did re-sign with Clemson, but I wonder if Briscoe ever kicks himself for thinking that uga was in a better place to win a championship, and he very well could have had two championships by now... LOL

Cook lucked out winning with Winston, and Richardson probably laments the life choice of agreeing to let his grades be handled by the adults. I hope this is a lesson for future recruits to fully vette their college choice, especially if they are seriously considering Clemson...

And I'm very proud of the staff for being leaders in not having a revolving door with recruits just coming and going at their whim...

#AllIn
#GoTigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel sorry for Richardson more than anything else

Sep 12, 2019, 3:04 PM

I think he was taken advantage of

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can definitely agree with that sentiment...

Sep 12, 2019, 3:15 PM

I'm just so impressed with the minimal number of decommitments. it seems like so many of the top programs have them on a regular basis...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can definitely agree with that sentiment...

Sep 12, 2019, 3:35 PM

Similarly impressed with the ratio of offers to acceptance. SEC schools like Alabama seem to put out 3-5 times the number of offers then pull some of those offers. I thikn I saw that Clemson has out 42 offers for 2020 and Alabama has 175.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It all works together for Dabo because he's good... LOL***

Sep 12, 2019, 3:45 PM

Sep 12, 2019, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I can definitely agree with that sentiment... ]

Per 247, Alabama has 247 (ironic) offers out for 2020, the coots: 213, Jorgy has 248, Clemson has 99!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I can definitely agree with that sentiment... ]

Clemson has 101 offers dispensed for 2020. Don't know Bama's ##, but they usually are around 350 by class end. Your numbers may have been 2021.

Message was edited by: gatigerbc®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 6:06 PM

Per 247, it is 99. Here is the link. The number is shown right to the right of the title in small letters, or you can do like I did before I noticed the number and add them up below.

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Season/2020-Football/Offers/

As for Decommits, in 2013 we had 6 (Nkemdiche, Daniel, Robinson, Jenkins, Prince and McDonald). In 2014 we had 2 Cook and Summer-gardner. In 2016, one, Shaq Smith which should not count since he recommitted. And in 2017, Only Richardson (academic, but still counts). 10 total in ten years! During the same period, the Coots have had 34, Bama has had 64!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I feel sorry for Richardson more than anything else

Sep 12, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to I feel sorry for Richardson more than anything else ]

Agree his decommitment is more a function of this high school than him. Doesnt look like he is seeing the field at A&M. Irony they had ET and lost him to us and we had CR and lost him to them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is most certainly irony...***

Sep 12, 2019, 3:44 PM

Re: I feel sorry for Richardson more than anything else

Sep 12, 2019, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I feel sorry for Richardson more than anything else ]

Don't know if you meant to type TE or ETN but we definitely got the better end of that deal regardless of the letters you want to use to represent his name.

Re: Decommitments

Sep 12, 2019, 3:44 PM

I thought we rescinded JB's offer after he went on visits to osu and uga?

When you're selective with offers,

Sep 12, 2019, 4:00 PM

There are no half-truths to keep track of. WYSIWYG! (Anyone under 40 probably went WTH!?!) :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could be, but he was committed

Sep 12, 2019, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Decommitments ]

so whether he decommitted or was told to decommit, he's a decommitment either way... he must have thought too much of his talent and thought he could take Dabo lightly about what commitment means. with that in mind, he will be telling his children, "I was recruited by Dabo back in the day and he really wanted me to play for him but I told Dabo that my education was more important than football, so that's why I went to Rutgers"...

Sep 12, 2019, 4:07 PM

Cordarian Richardson did not decommit. He was academically ineligible.

Sep 12, 2019, 4:17 PM

I, for a while, couldnt understand why we never went after JUCO transfers until I watched Last Chance U...And now I understand why...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

that's not the best representation of JUCO players

Sep 12, 2019, 4:42 PM

and Last Chance U is a reality SHOW, so please take that representation with a grain of salt.

besides, we have had our share of post graduate students, which is the younger brother of JUCO, but Dabo has worked to get the players eligible straight out of high school for his own reasons. but post-graduate or JUCO players can be given the same message as a high school recruit as far as expectations are concerned because for every Shaq Lawson, Philp Merling, Josh Watson, Corey Crawford or DeAndre Mcdaniel post-grad recruit there is a Mike Bellamy, Ebo Ogundeko, Kenneth Page, Oliver Jones, Lateek Townsend or Marquan Jones high school recruit that doesn't stay committed in the program and live up to the expectations. I don't have any issue with the staff decision to craft the recruiting philosophy in this way because it works and inspires recruits to recruit us just as much as we recruit them, ala Joe Ngata!

Sep 12, 2019, 4:34 PM

Dylan Sumner-Gardner also decommitted around 2013-14. I think he committed to A&M before going to Boise when the position coach left for them. Not sure what came of him either.

thanks, he was in that time frame as well

Sep 12, 2019, 4:46 PM

and missed out on a natty ring... and that was after he had gone to some pretty extensive travel measures to get to Clemson for a camp, earn the offer and accept it by committing to us. He did all that and it truly would have been a story to tell his children about working hard and making sacrifices for a dream, but alas, he doesn't get the storybook ending...

Sep 12, 2019, 6:52 PM

Who knows, if we had Briscoe we may have lost because he isn’t all that! ?????

we wouldn't have lost because of Briscoe

Sep 14, 2019, 8:38 PM

if he wasnt all that but still committed to Clemson, he would not have seen the field very much... BV would know exactly how much he needs to play if at all...

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic