Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Darnell Wright, Huntington, WV & Wanya Morris, GraysonHS, GA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Darnell Wright, Huntington, WV & Wanya Morris, GraysonHS, GA

Jan 9, 2019, 1:44 AM

How is it both these top 12 OT's appear to be leaving their home states to play for the TN Vols (versus say blocking for the best QB and TB in the country and playing for championships)?

Pumped about Will Putnam signing up. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Darnell Wright, Huntington, WV & Wanya Morris, GraysonHS, GA

Jan 9, 2019, 1:47 AM

$EC, $EC, $EC!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 1:51 AM

I guess they've heard about those famous $EC Bag Men!

Jan 9, 2019, 4:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Darnell Wright, Huntington, WV & Wanya Morris, GraysonHS, GA ]

Ding, Ding, Ding!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 5:27 AM

I will say it again... $Phillip$$Fulmer$.. Think about it, they didn't want him as a head coach anymore but brought him back as AD. Why? Because he was always the linking network between boosters and $$$. While a coach was known as one of the dirtiest recruiters in the game. That's how you win 3 or 4 games and end up top 15 in recruiting.

Jan 9, 2019, 6:09 AM

These kids that accept money (if they really do) rarely excel college due to the pressure accepting the money puts on them and their family. The are playing in college for the wrong reasons and it affects their play, their attitude, their motivation. Not saying these two kids DID accept money.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 7:05 AM

For the most part, it's not the kids that accept the large sums of $$$. It's parents, close relatives, guardians and these high school handlers! For players it use to be $100 hand shakes but now a days it loadable, untraceable credit it cards like PayPal or NetSpend.

Jan 9, 2019, 7:07 AM

Whatever is the trend, you best believe Fulmer is as dirty as they come. Now he is passing his trade secrets over to Jeremy Pukeit!

Jan 9, 2019, 8:02 AM

Hopefully, they end up like Ole Miss.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Cam Newton?***

Jan 16, 2019, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Darnell Wright, Huntington, WV & Wanya Morris, GraysonHS, GA ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Darnell Wright, Huntington, WV & Wanya Morris, GraysonHS, GA ]

I will say it again... $Phillip$$Fulmer$.. Think about it, they didn't want him as a head coach anymore but brought him back as AD. Why? Because he was always the linking network between boosters and $$$. While a coach was known as one of the dirtiest recruiters in the game. That's how you win 3 or 4 games and end up top 15 in recruiting.

That's true about Fulmer-

Jan 9, 2019, 7:17 AM

The great things about Putnam- State heavyweight wrestling champion. Comes from a military family. Work ethic second to none. If he isn’t great as an OL coming in, he will work until he is. That is much better than having a prima dona that feels he is already the best and isn’t willing to work to get better.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 7:34 AM

If they played for Clemson they would be leaving their home state too

Any Clemson interest?

Jan 9, 2019, 6:33 PM

Why? Why not?

Jan 14, 2019, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Darnell Wright, Huntington, WV & Wanya Morris, GraysonHS, GA ]

? 15-0 CFPNC vs UT's losing record,

which would be more likely to lure out of state recruits?

Jan 9, 2019, 6:59 PM

I still think Wright could be the Jackson Carmen of this year

Jan 9, 2019, 7:14 PM

I don't see it. He has shown very little interest in Clemson to this point. That wasn't the case with Carman. We were in it all the way. It is pretty clear Tennessee must be doing some dirty stuff. Why else would the 2 top OTs in this class be interested in that has been place? I think they saw what UGA is up to with the Ford Raptors and decided to up their pay scale.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 11:39 AM

Since Nolan Smith's Dad played in the NBA it is unlikely that there is any funny business with the Ford Raptor. We should understand that just like we don't recruit every great player, we are not going to be the right fit in every young man's mind as well. Shady things occur but I think it should be beneath us to cry foul every time a kid picks another school.

Jan 10, 2019, 11:48 AM

Agree, those two may just want more playing time! UT is rebuilding and I actually want the SEC “least” to push the GC team into the bottom of the conference. Muscrap will likely lose multiple games and be on notice in 2020.

Go Tigers ??!!

Jan 10, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Darnell Wright, Huntington, WV & Wanya Morris, GraysonHS, GA ]

Agreed. It’s no different than fans of other schools saying Clemson cheats and that’s why we are successful. You can’t win every single big recruit. It’s not a video game. There is a lot that goes into these decisions - probably most importantly where they feel most comfortable.

Jan 16, 2019, 9:59 AM

Fulmer is dedicated. Bad news for him they are going to be 3rd best team in the SEC East best case!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic